Crossbow Bolts

rosewood

Do the inserts for Aluminum arrows fit the carbon fiber crossbow bolts? Or are their special inserts for them?

Just bought a Centerpoint Crossbow and the bolts that came with are 370 grains with the 100 grain field point. Want some extra bolts and I cannot find any that weigh that. Most don't even tell you what they weigh on the packaging. Of those that do, seems they are 400 - 425 grains total weight. Does anyone know of a 20" bolt that weights around 370 grains? I would like to buy some new ones for hunting, but be able to keep using the factory ones for target shooting.

Also, has anyone compared say a 370 grain to a 400 grain. How much difference does it make at 50 yards from drop?

Thanks,

Rosewood

Taco4x4

I have this same problem when I buy bolts. I end up having to change my setup to match my new bolts. I thought about buying a small battery powered scale and take it with me when looking for bolts.

j_seph

with 30 grains extra being 0.0685714 oz I wouldn't think it would be much difference.

rosewood

I have this same problem when I buy bolts. I end up having to change my setup to match my new bolts. I thought about buying a small battery powered scale and take it with me when looking for bolts.
I have a powder scale and have considered taking it with me. Maybe I will.

Thanks.

rosewood

with 30 grains extra being 0.0685714 oz I wouldn't think it would be much difference.
You may be right, but it is a 7.5% increase in weight.

On the same note, I have these broadheads that say they "shoot just like a field point". They are 100 grains like the field points, but when trying them last night, they shot a good 4" low at 20 yards over the field points. Has others experienced this also?

Thanks,

Rosewood

j_seph

You may be right, but it is a 7.5% increase in weight.

On the same note, I have these broadheads that say they "shoot just like a field point". They are 100 grains like the field points, but when trying them last night, they shot a good 4" low at 20 yards over the field points. Has others experienced this also?

Thanks,

Rosewood
I have been using Rage and not had any issues other than the deer seem to bleed a little ;-)

transfixer

Do the inserts for Aluminum arrows fit the carbon fiber crossbow bolts? Or are their special inserts for them?

Just bought a Centerpoint Crossbow and the bolts that came with are 370 grains with the 100 grain field point. Want some extra bolts and I cannot find any that weigh that. Most don't even tell you what they weigh on the packaging. Of those that do, seems they are 400 - 425 grains total weight. Does anyone know of a 20" bolt that weights around 370 grains? I would like to buy some new ones for hunting, but be able to keep using the factory ones for target shooting.

Also, has anyone compared say a 370 grain to a 400 grain. How much difference does it make at 50 yards from drop?

Thanks,

Rosewood

I would suggest you buy Black Eagle Executioner bolts for the Centerpoint, I paid a little extra and got the ones that were +or- .001 in straightness, I don't remember what they weighed, but I believe it was slightly heavier than the stock bolts that came with the xbow, they fly like darts, much more consistent than any other bolt I tried in mine.

rosewood

Thanks for the tips, put the Executioners on my Christmas wish list.