CROSSBOWS!

bany

Midway just advertised $1,100. Off a crossbow! $1,899.99.
must be making room for the new models!??

Jim Boyd

Here we go again.

Remember, there are:

$4000-5000 thermal scopes
$100k pick up trucks
High dollar centerfires

And on and on

You can also buy a $300 crossbow.

Just like any other products, high and low ends.

I have a $1200 crossbow - when I can upgrade to a Ravin (or others), I will.

tell sackett

Its insane what some of these compounds are going for also.

I saw in a recent thread where a member here dropped over $3000 on a compound :hair:
Thing is, as he said, that’s his obsession. If that’s what you want, go for it. They’ll continue to jack up prices as long as we pay them. See below.
Here we go again.

Remember, there are:

$100k pick up trucks
High dollar centerfires

And on and on

I now have two crossbows, one I bought new and the other second hand. Including a second hand scope I bought for one of them I’ve got less than $700 in both. They will kill a deer just as dead as a $4500 bow. :fine:

specialk

theres rifle/scopes/mounts/sling combos over 2 grand....ammo 2 bucks a round....

deast1988

Some of these crossbows, can do 3 bolt sub 1 MOA at 100yds.

A buddy of mine has a scope, with a Jack Plate on his Ravin. 2.5in group at 80yds.

Peak performance is a pay to play game these days. They are super fast, but have the ability now for repeatable accuracy.

Buckman18

Here we go again.

Remember, there are:

$100k pick up trucks
High dollar centerfires

And on and on

Mine was on sale at midwayusa.com for $189. So far, it’s 3 for 3 and can claim a mountain slam with 2 different operators (daughter and myself) when it’s fired in anger. I may get a Ravin one day, I like them also.

3004D008-2ABF-4124-9619-4E0A3BCC8AC2.jpeg

F6C529E4-9A42-4C4B-BDF6-D7196B020F18.jpeg1C834AAE-B8F6-4033-8782-CAE7031EB387.jpeg

Jim Boyd

I have been bow hunting for 40+ years.

The early days was a round wheel Hoyt that probably shot at a blistering pace of 140 FPS or so (some old timers may know, we did not even know to talk about bows in that context back then). My 30 yard and 40 yard beads, on a pendulum sight, were probably ¾” apart.

We killed deer left and right. That said, I know you can kill them with less costly equipment.

I laugh myself silly when I see the haters that rail against high end bows, crossbows, rifles, glass, clothes, backpacks… you name it… they love to hate ‘em! And… in many cases, they do it in a “let me tell them off” manner.

And then, some of them get in a Raptor and launch a $100K bass boat…

People will be people will be people, I reckon.

Now… where are my $1800 X-RAY binos, so I can look across my 10 acre deer plot while sitting in the seat of my jacked up 150 HP Razor, sporting my new INVISIBLE WHIZ-BANG camo and wearing my Calvin Klein snakeboots??????

Gbr5pb

I bought a wicked ridge with the cock de-cock feature on the recommendation of a good member on here sorry I forgot his name figure I have less than $1000 in it expensive wicked ridge bolts and all. Shoots good and bury bolts in target. Hopefully let y’all know how it kills in about 3 months

Mike 65

Most excellent shooting.

On a good day, those are my 50 yard groups.

My personal limit when hunting?

35 yards.

Might go 40 if the set up is perfect.

EMMV.

Meaning everyone’s….
40 yards, 50 max under the right conditions is all I will shoot a deer at.
I really enjoy shooting a crossbow. I fought it long as I could but my shoulders are worn out.
Ravins are extremely accurate so I can’t take all the credit for the shooting.

tell sackett

I have been bow hunting for 40+ years.

The early days was a round wheel Hoyt that probably shot at a blistering pace of 140 FPS or so (some old timers may know, we did not even know to talk about bows in that context back then). My 30 yard and 40 yard beads, on a pendulum sight, were probably ¾” apart.

We killed deer left and right. That said, I know you can kill them with less costly equipment.

I laugh myself silly when I see the haters that rail against high end bows, crossbows, rifles, glass, clothes, backpacks… you name it… they love to hate ‘em! And… in many cases, they do it in a “let me tell them off” manner.

And then, some of them get in a Raptor and launch a $100K bass boat…

People will be people will be people, I reckon.

Now… where are my $1800 X-RAY binos, so I can look across my 10 acre deer plot while sitting in the seat of my jacked up 150 HP Razor, sporting my new INVISIBLE WHIZ-BANG camo and wearing my Calvin Klein snakeboots??????
:rofl:Ten ring