Cuddelink

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Anyone who ever attempted to set up one of these can probably relate to the following expressions.

:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

I feel better having shared that. Now back to reading the FOUR booklets that came with the accursed device.

Last edited:

Meriwether Mike

I called their customer help number and they walk me through the settings. I still had to change one setting after that to get it to work. What concerns me is losing the settings when I replace the batteries.:eek:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I called their customer help number and they walk me through the settings. I still had to change one setting after that to get it to work. What concerns me is losing the settings when I replace the batteries.:eek:

My son has one and didn’t loose anything after replacing the batteries. I think I am going to play the “old card” and get him to set mine up.
After all he gave it to me.

sghoghunter

I remember when cameras first came out my brother had a cuddyback and I swore you had to have a college degree just to set it and somehow I'm sure the new ones are the same

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I remember when cameras first came out my brother had a cuddyback and I swore you had to have a college degree just to set it and somehow I'm sure the new ones are the same

This is one of the newfangled things that sends images by email. It won’t even work like a regular camera putting images on a SD card. BUT it has to have a SD card to work.

Jim Boyd

David Helmly knows how to make them tick......

Meriwether Mike

Once you get it set up you will really like it. I have mine send pics in a batch once a day. It is still running after 5 months.

Rich M

I'm hoping to get the cuddelink system without the cellular aspect - the 3 or 4 that communicate to each other and nothing else.

Waiting to draw a quota permit, then will get a couple and a receiver unit to watch a couple areas that are near eachother. Be nice not having to enter the hunt area to check cams.

Not hearing much about them - seems like most folks want photos sent to their computers. I have no coverage in my hunting area, so leaves me wanting something remote that I can use.

davidhelmly

The CuddeLink system is perfect for what you’re looking for. My wife and I have a smaller tract that we hunt and keep the pressure really low on it and run 5-6 Cuddelinks on it and it works perfect. I put them up during the summer with extra battery packs and only had to access the edge of the property just off the road to check the home camera to see all of the pics. I highly recommend the units but YOU WILL NEED TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
The CuddeLink system is perfect for what you’re looking for. My wife and I have a smaller tract that we hunt and keep the pressure really low on it and run 5-6 Cuddelinks on it and it works perfect. I put them up during the summer with extra battery packs and only had to access the edge of the property just off the road to check the home camera to see all of the pics. I highly recommend the units but YOU WILL NEED TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!

Agreed. All 4 booklets. I am closer today than yesterday.

davidhelmly

Agreed. All 4 booklets. I am closer today than yesterday.
Lol, I read mine cover to cover and then read the CuddeLink one again as I was putting the cameras out the first time , I also leave the books I’m my camera checking box!

Skyhawk

I've run Cuddelink since they came out. I've never had an issue setting them up or being reliable. YouTube has some good videos about setting them up. Google Cuddeback and you will find a forum that has literally hundreds of pages of information about the system. There is a major firmware update about to come out. It will allow for remote programming, among other features, if you have a cell system. Always remember to check your settings every time you change batteries or update the firmware. Format the SD card in the camera every time you swap them also. There is definitely a learning curve with the system but once things get dialed in, it is a good system.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I got it working and deployed. Getting pics twice a day now.

Thanks everyone!!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I get email daily with the blue background report.
The number of SD card images is far greater than the actual number of images I am getting in the images email.
example. Report total increased by 4. But only one image on the image email

Is this normal?

davidhelmly

I get email daily with the blue background report.
The number of SD card images is far greater than the actual number of images I am getting in the images email.
example. Report total increased by 4. But only one image on the image email

Is this normal?
If you have it set to take a burst every trigger they will all be in the SD card but it will only transmit the first picture taken in the burst.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Thanks @davidhelmly
I may have it doing a burst. I don’t know. I will check it.
Does your card increase always match the number of images?

davidhelmly

To be honest I don’t know if I ever compared them. I use the CuddeLink feature all the time but rarely use the cellular side of it.