Cuddylink

fastball_24

Has anyone used the cuddy back with the cuddy link to send between cameras how was it? How about attaching a cell camera to get pictures how as that? Just looking for some opinions on people who have been using them.

hunter 85

I am running 8 j cameras and a cell home unit the d cell battery booster packs are a must and they still go through batteries more than I like but all in all I’m happy with them

davidhelmly

I ran 4 J and 2 G cameras last year in a non cellular cuddelink system and loved everything except the battery life, I added 3 more J's and a K cell unit this year and put D cell battery boosters on all of them and have had zero problems. The cuddepower model 3358 booster holds 6 D cells and so far I'm at a little over 3 months running with them, the Cudeback dual power bank holds 12 D cells and I'm expecting 6+ months of running on them but have only had them out about 3 so far.

Twiggbuster

I’m was given a k dual flash for Christmas and so far so good. Standalone for now but will add remotes if all goes well.
K is the current series. Biggest change I see on the home camera I have is the high gain antennas. Paddle instead of stick. Learning as I go but still like my ole Brownings. But cool to sit in my house and get a text of deer in backlot. Having hard time finding security box for it. A 3rd party makes them. Cuddeback just came out with one that will fit K series but I haven’t connected yet.
Also,
I understand that the j will communicate with the k. Not sure about the g.

Twiggbuster

Basically you need a home camera and can add up to 15 remotes. They daisy chain to send all images to the home , which in turn sends to your email and/ or text. Only one cell plan needed which is the selling point.
Range I hear is 1/4 mile in forest. Better on open flatter terrain.

shdw633

Haven't they come out with a solar panel?

davidhelmly

Haven't they come out with a solar panel?
Yes they have a solar panel now but I don’t think it works with all of the cameras, from what I understand there is a newer model that will be out shortly that will work across the board and has a replaceable built in battery.

Bubba_1122

For my J's that run on AA's I bought 100 Energizer Lithium batteries on Amazon. The box was $124 so $1.24 each.

They last a long time (pretty much 85-90 days is typical though I'm sure battery life is influenced by how many pictures it's taking and also by how the camera is set up). My first batch of alkaline batteries lasted about a month.

When I made the switch to lithiums when my first camera got low I changed the batteries in all of the cameras.

So for me that means I can prep and put the cameras out in mid August, change batteries once during the season (probably late October/early November) and they'll likely last until mid-January when the season ends. I use 32 GB cards, so don't have to change those either, meaning there's less incursion/scent in the area of the cameras. And it just makes camera's easier to manage (I think the biggest challenge I had this season is a squirrel (or perhaps a deer or some other critter) ate one of my antennas).

I also built 12 volt battery boxes for my two Spypoints and a couple of other cameras I have (Moultrie and Browning). Had $5 in the box, $22 in the battery and I believe $6 or so in the cable. Usage on those during the season has been negligible. They could probably run another 6 months.

True confession: I hate the screw on the back of the Cuddeback cameras. Broke the tip off of my favorite folding knife this fall while deep in the woods when I had nothing to get the screw out with and used the knife. Have dropped one of the screws in the leaves and had to get on my hands and knees and root around to find it. Total pain to deal with ( off season project - go by my local hardware store and get extra screws to keep in my pack (I've already put a screwdriver in my pack)).

Cuddebacks were new to me this fall. For the most part they served me well.

Last edited:

twodolla88

Love my cuddelink system. Only running three at the moment. But will be adding more. Wish I would have bought the annual plan. I’ve had them out 10 months now, and plan to keep running them year around. Easy to set up and use. We put the Dual power bank on all the cameras. So far my J’s are at 120 days and will probably go atleast a year on these batteries. Sounds like a new update is happening soon!!!!

davidhelmly

Love my cuddelink system. Only running three at the moment. But will be adding more. Wish I would have bought the annual plan. I’ve had them out 10 months now, and plan to keep running them year around. Easy to set up and use. We put the Dual power bank on all the cameras. So far my J’s are at 120 days and will probably go atleast a year on these batteries. Sounds like a new update is happening soon!!!!
I think you will be close to a year with the DPB as I got over 120 days on my 3358 extender which is basically 1/2 of a DPB before my G cameras showed ext low, and all of my DPB cameras are still chugging along at around 150 days. The latest I heard on the 8.0 update was Feb 1 but they are still adding features at this point and think the actual app is still a few months away.