Cut gear for dogs?

Cut gear for dogs?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

Gavi

I don't. Because I use Hogs to game test my dogs. I want to know if the dog really wants to go out there.
There are other reasons to it affects their ability. And They cost too much.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ve used it on strictly catch dogs . But hardly ever on trail and bay dogs . Been a few times when I wished I would of . I liked the big wide collars that protected the throat area . Most of my dogs were more than just hog dogs to me .

Gavi

I’ve used it on strictly catch dogs . But hardly ever on trail and bay dogs . Been a few times when I wished I would of . I liked the big wide collars that protected the throat area . Most of my dogs were more than just hog dogs to me .
I always The wide collar's too

Blackston

It’s like a pistol I’d rather have it and not need it ... than need it and not have it

sghoghunter

When I hunted I only ran a tracking collar on trail dogs and all depended on time of year and where we was to know what the catch dog wore. I’ve seen it help dogs but I’ve also seen it not help

stonecreek

Always ran wide collars and on the rough dogs would vest up during cooler weather. I actually lost more dogs in my career from heat stroke than cuttings here in south Georgia. There were days when the temp and the humidity was wrong and I would not even drop dogs. I always made a point of knowing where my water sources were on each hunt be it a creek, pond or irrigation system.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
I'm not a hog dogger, but hunt birds in hog territory--rivercane swamps. After having a close encounter with a hog with my older Britt, both dogs always wear lightweight Kevlar bay vest cut gear when hunting woodcock. Works great on razor wire, too. I had Abby run full speed into razor wire which had surrounded a machine gun nest on a military base in the woods. It was ringed with razor wire which was supposed to be removed when training was finished. She went from 60 to 0 without a cut as she was protected with her vest. I was able to untangle her from the wire without either of us getting cut. As for temps, I hunt wintertime and only when temps are under 50 degrees. Cost isn't a consideration.