CVA Scout 444 Marlin and Glock 40 10mm Range Session

01Foreman400

Staff member
Took advantage of the nice weather this morning and went to the range. Checked my T/C Omega to make sure it’s ready for mid October. Also shot my Glock 40 10mm for the first time. Worked up to a max load for a Barnes 140 gr. Tac-XP bullet. First target pictured is a group at 40 yards. Next I shot my CVA Scout 444 Marlin. I’m very impressed with this little gun. The trigger is great in it and the brake made shooting it a pleasure. I’m shooting the Bear Creek Ballistics all copper 225 gr. bullet. Still going to take it out for one more load session and see if I can do better but I am happy with the results so far. IMG_4045.jpegIMG_4038.jpegIMG_4048.jpegIMG_3668.jpeg

rosewood

The CVA scouts and hunters are hidden gems. Can't for the life of me figure out why Academy quite carrying the hunters. I should have grabbed a .223 and .308 why they still had them. I had no idea they would drop the line.

Rosewood

Long Cut

Love seeing the CVA out in action! They’re shooters for sure, my 6.5 Scout shot sub .5MOA the first range trip doing some ladder tests. I’m sure you can squeeze a little more out of her ;)

earlthegoat2

Bear Creek makes great ammo. I use their “bolt action only” 275 gr Barnes 450 Bushmaster ammo.

That stuff is potent.