Cva scout v2

frankwright

It is pretty amazing how popular these single shot rifles are. I guess many of us like a challenge.
This past summer while doing some ammo checks I found I had about 300 handloaded .44 Magnum rounds and no .44 mag! Lead SWC, XTP and JSP.
Logical gun guy answer is buy a .44 Mag.
I looked hard for a NEF/H&R Handi rifle but they were unavailable or extremely expensive. Ruger .44 was high as heck also.
I guess I did not know about the CVA single shots and ended buying a .44 mag barrel for my Contender which I will hunt with and enjoy but now you got me wanting a .44 mag single shot!
Dang GON Forum!

rosewood

It is pretty amazing how popular these single shot rifles are. I guess many of us like a challenge.
This past summer while doing some ammo checks I found I had about 300 handloaded .44 Magnum rounds and no .44 mag! Lead SWC, XTP and JSP.
I looked hard for a NEF/H&R Handi rifle but they were unavailable or extremely expensive. Ruger .44 was high as heck also.
I guess I did not know about the CVA single shots and ended buying a .44 mag barrel for my Contender which I will hunt with and enjoy but now you got me wanting a .44 mag single shot!
Dang GON Forum!

If the 44 shoots as good as the other cartridges, you will love it. I guess I should have scooped up a hunter when they could be had for around $200, but I really wanted a .357 mag. Now the 44s are much more expensive. They discontinued the Hunter line and the Scouts are a bit more.

Rosewood

rosewood

I have the pistol version in 6.5 grendel and it's a great shooter. I wish they made the take down carbine in 6.5 grendel.

View attachment 1108177
They do make it in a 6.5 NMB (CM). Also make the 300BLK in the 16.25" barrel takedown.

Rosewood

Kowtown

Dang GON Forum!

I like your thinking

:cheers:

frankwright

I have been looking for a .44 magnum but out of stock everywhere.
Hopefully the craving will go away before one shows up somewhere and I won't have to crack my piggy bank.

Bobby Bigtime

I have Been having issues finding mine at the moment. Am hopeful though , season opens Saturday so it's looking more like a next year thing but will order as soon as is available.

georgia_home

I like my optima elite and it shoots well.

my only issue with cva is that they changed And discontinued barrel / receiver pattern in new models and no longer make barrels for the OE.

my concern buying the scout v2 would be a possible change where new barrels for different calibers is not available. If you wanted other calibers, monitor cva for changes and be sure to purchase before older versions are discontinued

Mattval

Dang yall got me to wanting one now! 35 Whelen!

Mattval

I had no idea these were so popular!

Mattval

Does anyone have one of those CVA Apex? You could buy diff barrels in diff calibers and shotgun barrels and a muzzleloader to. I always thought that would be a cool gun to own.

lonewolf247

I had no idea these were so popular!

In some states they qualify for primitive weapons season firearms, in certain calibers. I have one in .35 Whelen myself, for my primitive weapon.

Besides that though, they are well made firearms, compact, and handy to carry. Even with a 25" barrel, one some models, the overall length, is fairly compact, because of it's action type.

Also, the barrels are made by Bergara, and the ones I've seen, will shoot with MOA accuracy. Also the rifles come with a Lifetime warranty! The only problems I've encountered have been with the provided mounts/rails. I would just go with the DNZ mounts right off the bat and avoid issues.

CVA has recently developed their own bolt action rifles now, and they seem to be really nice as well. It's called the CVA Cascade. I almost bought one last year for Christmas myself. In fact, if I buy another bolt action rifle, I plan the give the Cascade a try.

rosewood

I like my optima elite and it shoots well.

my only issue with cva is that they changed And discontinued barrel / receiver pattern in new models and no longer make barrels for the OE.

my concern buying the scout v2 would be a possible change where new barrels for different calibers is not available. If you wanted other calibers, monitor cva for changes and be sure to purchase before older versions are discontinued

Was the Scout or Scout v2 designed to be a switch barrel setup? I didn't think it was intended that way or they sold barrels to do so??

I do contend that with the take down models, it would be easy to swap, in fact I did try my .300BLK barrel on my 6.5 Creedmoor frame and it fit perfect, didn't fire though.

I see the Apex line is intended to be a barrel swap platform.

Thanks,

Rosewood

frankwright

Have you looked on Gunbroker ? Saw several on there the other day.
I had looked everywhere when this post first caught my attention including the auction sights.
I already have an AR in 300 BO, A Ruger 243 and I did not want to reload for another caliber especially in these times so I was hunting for a .44 mag.
There is actually one on Gunbroker now but I won't overpay but I will watch it and in the future.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I wish they would make a Scout in 30-30. The Henry's are nice but expensive and the old NEF and H&R single shots are getting impossible to find since they quit making them.