Dalton Utilities Deer Hunt

Mac

I just looked snd saw no hung post.
I sent an email asking the status.

huntersluck

I was going down 225 a few days ago and it looks like they are cutting timber on some of the du property so I am wondering if the hunts will even happen

Mac

I got a reply from the email, said hunts should be posted on website by October.
$$$$$

ngadeerhunter1969

I was going down 225 a few days ago and it looks like they are cutting timber on some of the du property so I am wondering if the hunts will even happen

They have been cutting timber for several years now. The hunts will go on for sure. If you can see it from 225, that isnt where the hunting goes on anyway :)

ngadeerhunter1969

I got my personal best at DU on 11-21-20. He was in full rut and came into some grunting. Some of you may not even pull up a gun on a deer like this but Im tickled pink with him :) Ive been fortunate to hunt that property since they started hunts over 20 years ago and have always killed deer. I was finally able to connect on a deer that met their restrictions easily and wasnt all busted up. 126074897_10217860054508670_7177019104362066163_o (1).jpg214532308_10219199413031796_3967802434750786096_n.jpg

Last edited:

dhsnke

I got my personal best at DU on 11-21-21. He was in full rut and came into some grunting. Some of you may not even pull up a gun on a deer like this but Im tickled pink with him :) Ive been fortunate to hunt that property since they started hunts over 20 years ago and have always killed deer. I was finally able to connect on a deer that met their restrictions easily and wasnt all busted up. View attachment 1095157View attachment 1095158
Congrats on a fine deer.

Etoncathunter

I got my personal best at DU on 11-21-21. He was in full rut and came into some grunting. Some of you may not even pull up a gun on a deer like this but Im tickled pink with him :) Ive been fortunate to hunt that property since they started hunts over 20 years ago and have always killed deer. I was finally able to connect on a deer that met their restrictions easily and wasnt all busted up. View attachment 1095157View attachment 1095158
Nice one.

huntersluck

They have been cutting timber for several years now. The hunts will go on for sure. If you can see it from 225, that isnt where the hunting goes on anyway :)
I have not hunted it in years so I couldn’t remember what part was hunted and what was not. I have put in about 6 times only been drawn once and did no good. As far them cutting for several years I go down 225 about once a month and just recently started seeing the gate open all the time but I guess there are other ways in and out of the property I don’t really know the property that well as I said only hunted it once

ngadeerhunter1969

ngadeerhunter1969

ngadeerhunter1969

How many youth and general permits are awarded each year?

Im not really sure. 50 each hunt I think? its around 9200 acres and your assigned an area.