Damon Howatt/Martin Archery to sponsor TBG Banquet

dgmeadows

I am pleased to announce that Damon Howatt/Martin Archery will be a contributing sponsor for the Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia (TBG) banquet to be held on August 11th at the Georgia Wildlife Federation headquarters in Covington, Georgia.

The traditional bowyers of Damon Howatt in Walla Walla, Washington are hand crafting a Diablo Super Elite model especially for the TBG Banquet. The Diablo Super Elite is the newest version of the classic Howatt Super Diablo. The bow is currently in production, but the planned specs are RH 60" AMO length, approximately 50#. This bow will be inscribed by the bowyer as custom made for TBG and sold by auction at the banquet.

Additionally, we will have demo bows from the Damon Howatt Traditional line and the Martin Archery Takedown line for everyone to try out, including the youth model "Sliver", a smaller scale version of the classic Savannah longbow, and some left hand models as well. These demo bows will also be available for sale at the banquet.

Damon Howatt/Martin Archery is proud to support the TBG organization in our mutual effort to preserve and promote traditional archery.

In addition to the Damon Howatt & Martin bows, we will have several other auction items, including hunts, archery, and general hunting accessories. The event speaker will be outdoor writer Clay Hayes. There is more information about Mr. Hayes posted in another thread here.

We are also working on a possible arrow sponsorship deal. Once we know the final details, we will share them.

Please plan to join us for a great evening celebrating traditional archery.

Darren Meadows
Martin/Damon Howatt Staff Shooter

Al33

This is awesome and I wished I could be there to see and shoot the bows but I will miss this years banquet, dang it!!! From what I am hearing it is going to be a great one!!

dutchman

Outstanding. My personal thanks to Damon Howatt/Martin Archery and the officers of TBG for helping to make this happen.

dgmeadows

The bows have arrived. We have the event auction bow, a Diablo Super Elite recurve, and 13 other demo bows, both Howatt Traditional line and Martin metal riser takedowns. We also have 3 of the Howatt Sliver youth longbows. We will be able to offer some of these demo bows at special event prices, with profits supporting TBG.

We look forward to a great event.