Dawgs Season.

MCBUCK

Man I’m glad I didn’t plant a dove field this year i can’t wait till sept 4 :rofl:

Should have planted...it should be a 7:00pm game.

I predict (save this) 2022 will be the LAST time I'll ever get to post 1980 again.

It's yours for the taking . .

Maybe and maybe not. I hope you’re right.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I predict (save this) 2022 will be the LAST time I'll ever get to post 1980 again.

It's yours for the taking . .

3 games and done, I thought only OSU got that kind of deal. Makes one go hmmmm.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Clemson is the do or die game. If we lose to Clemson we will not be in the hunt.

Clemson game is meaningless to us. We win it easily, by 10 or more points, but it means nothing more than having a #1 on out backs the rest of the season. If we win the SEC we are in the CFB Playoff, for certain with one regular season loss but most likely with 2 depending on who the other is to. UGA should favored in every game this season except Clemson and the only reason not the opener is because of Clemons recent "success" playing a bunch of rent a win teams during the regular season.

When we beat Clem's son as we almost always do when the 2 play we will leapfrog to #1 in the polls and that is problematic for UGA....having that target on your back is deadly for teams like UGA....better to win and have that target but it is definitely problematic for UGA....

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
When we beat Clem's son as we almost always do when the 2 play we will leapfrog to #1 in the polls and that is problematic for UGA....having that target on your back is deadly for teams like UGA....better to win and have that target but it is definitely problematic for UGA....

Yep. Being ranked high at the start of the season has never worked for us especially because of the conference we're in. Throw in our rivalries with the Gators and the War Eagle Tiger Plainsmen on top of that and it's a toxic brew for sure.

GTMODawg

BANNED
It has everything to do with it. If there is another 1 loss team in the hunt UGA will be out. You'll see.

Not a chance in the world that a one loss SEC champion is left out of the CFB Playoff. None. Zilch. The playoff committee has proven every year except 2020 that schedules mean more than championships and wins and losses. No chance that the PAC 12 gets a team in even if Oregon is undefeated....due to schedule. Oklahoma, Ohio State and Somebody in the ACC best be undefeared conference champs or there will be 2 SEC teams in the playoffs again. Notre Dame proved to be exactly what everyone expected them to be when playing a good team.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Not a chance in the world that a one loss SEC champion is left out of the CFB Playoff. None. Zilch. The playoff committee has proven every year except 2020 that schedules mean more than championships and wins and losses. No chance that the PAC 12 gets a team in even if Oregon is undefeated....due to schedule. Oklahoma, Ohio State and Somebody in the ACC best be undefeared conference champs or there will be 2 SEC teams in the playoffs again. Notre Dame proved to be exactly what everyone expected them to be when playing a good team.

You assume we lose to Clemson, win out and defeat Bama in the SECCG. If I were a gamblin' man on top of being the DGD that I am I would take that bet. I see bookend losses - Clemson in the first game and Bama in the SECCG.

GTMODawg

BANNED
You assume we lose to Clemson, win out and defeat Bama in the SECCG. If I were a gamblin' man on top of being the DGD that I am I would take that bet. I see bookend losses - Clemson in the first game and Bama in the SECCG.

I'm not even sure Alabama makes it to the SEC CG. They most likely do but the SEC west aint as cut and dried as it normally is in July.....

The Clemson game makes zero difference to the Dawgs. Win the SEC and we are in the playoff. Fail to win the SEC and we ain't. Florida, Auburn and most likely Alabama all have more to do with our making the playoff than Auburn with lake does....

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'm not even sure Alabama makes it to the SEC CG. They most likely do but the SEC west aint as cut and dried as it normally is in July.....

The Clemson game makes zero difference to the Dawgs. Win the SEC and we are in the playoff. Fail to win the SEC and we ain't. Florida, Auburn and most likely Alabama all have more to do with our making the playoff than Auburn with lake does....

"We'll see" said the Zen master. :wink:

MCBUCK

Clemson game is NOT meaningless to us. We MIGHT win it easily, by 10 or more points, but it means nothing more than having a #3 on out backs the rest of the season. If we win the SEC we are in the CFB Playoff, for certain even with one regular season. UGA should favored in every game this season except Clemson and the only reason not the opener is because of Clemons recent "success" playing a bunch of rent a win teams during the regular season.

IF we beat Clem's son as we almost always do when the 2 play we will leapfrog to #1 in the polls and that is problematic for UGA....having that target on your back is deadly for teams like UGA....better to win and have that target but it is definitely problematic for UGA....

FIFY...IF we beat the Lake Tigers, then we may jump to #3 but I don't see us leap frogging to#1. The only ranking I have seen is for Sporting News that has us at #5 ...I think 247 put us at #3 but several have us at 5-7. We have a serious opportunity to beat Clemmons and I think this will be a legendary clash, but I won't say a whipping is on the way until the fourth quarter whistle....hopefully.

DannyW

Not a chance in the world that a one loss SEC champion is left out of the CFB Playoff. None. Zilch.

I agree with you in general, but also know that wacky things happen in CFB. What if Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma and a USC/Washington/Oregon/Cincinnati/Notre Dame go undefeated and win their conferences? Would a 1-loss SEC champion get in then?

I could see the first 3 teams above doing it, the 4th set of teams more of a long shot, but strange things happen in a sport where 18-20 YO boys are playing with an oblong ball.

DannyW

I see bookend losses - Clemson in the first game and Bama in the SECCG.

IMO this is the most likely outcome to UGA's season. That and a date on January 1 to a very nice, but runner-up, bowl game.

Elfii gets it...realistic expectations means he won't go on a 2-week bender when UGA falls short, and if they finally do win a NC, it will be that much sweeter for him!

Good luck sir! For UGA fans like you and my brother, I do hope this is your year. My team has no chance anyway (see how that works?)

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I agree with you in general, but also know that wacky things happen in CFB. What if Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma and a USC/Washington/Oregon/Cincinnati/Notre Dame go undefeated and win their conferences? Would a 1-loss SEC champion get in then?

Yes. Here's why.

For starters Cinci, even undefeated, is out as a G5 team. ("Fair" or not. opinions vary)

And even if not a 1 loss SEC Champion is better than all of them mentioned.

A 1 loss SEC TEAM vs Cinci? Seen it. SEC wins.

A 1 loss SEC team vs Oklahoma (WITH Heisman Trophy winning QB's)? Seen it. SEC wins.

A 1 loss SEC team vs ND? Seen it. SEC wins.

With all of that in RECENT history how in the world do you even consider a defenseless PAC team (even undefeated)? Think 2018 Rose Bowl UGA vs Oklahoma. It would be the same result.