DEAD DEER EVERYWHERE! JT is Live From The Tree 3 days in IL! Last of 2013-14 series

BornToHuntAndFish

Wow, congrats Jim on your rocking bow doe whitetail late season success. Looks like you're gonna have more good venison for the winter. You're gonna make Bubbabuck wish he had changed his plans to be up there hunting with you.

:cool:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Thx! Now back to that banana and coffee that I was trying to enjoy before they interrupted

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Well post a pic up later marlin. Not sure if I was lung or heart but she died quick

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
The last of the deer have left the field and I'm some again.

Plan is to be here till about 11 and move this stand about 100 yards or so to my right and maybe a hair into the woods.

Then gonna walk the far west woods to mark a tree for tomorrow's wind.

Bubba and I talked yesterday and kinda pinpointed where we've seen the majority of deer come and go and where the bigger bucks have been. Those 2 spots seem like it. Course it's hard to chase and catch up with these late season herds.

Btw as I type this another deer just popped out into the field! Come on girlie

BornToHuntAndFish

Very impressive & effective broadhead with your doe only making it 60-yards before dropping. Incredible how you were able to post updates so quickly before & after your shot. Sounds like you & Bubba collaborated on more future good stand strategies based on your experiences & observations. Sure do like they way ya'll continue to fine tune & improve on stand locations. Hope you get interrupted by more whitetail targets in bow range soon.

If you do not mind, here's a couple more helpful map screenshots or screen grabs of your bowhunting setup surroundings that I just looked up on a web map. Sure is eye opening being not very far away from homes & having your good hunting success.

:clap:

Attachments

• New Haven IL Map1a JT.jpg
    New Haven IL Map1a JT.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 2,183
  • New Haven IL Map1b JT.jpg
    New Haven IL Map1b JT.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 1,067
Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
She didn't come close enuf. Now have 4 young bucks crossing from my woods on right towards the pond area

Wind has picked up big time

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Some machinery cranked up somewhere to my right and deer are steady running out of woods across the field!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Have had a lil break in movement. Just hit the ground, gonna move stand and get doe on meat pole. Be back soon

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Big does are way too much work.

Here's the exit wound. Blood trail was great but not needed.

Climber is moved and deer loaded be back this afternoon. Thx for followingIMG_2014011238817.jpgIMG_2014011227676.jpgIMG_2014011238817.jpgIMG_2014011227676.jpg

Last edited:

BornToHuntAndFish

Good shooting, Jim!:fine:

Whoa, that's a heavy, hefty, hornless heffer of a whitetail. That doe is larger than most young bucks we see shot & posted. They sure do know how to grow 'em big with age & food in the Midwest. Hope brown it's down Georgia keeps trying to learn from all the good success up there.

Thx for posting the hunting reports & photos. You sure do work fast moving your stand, scouting & marking a tree in the area to your right & west of your morning hunt, and also fast loading up your fresh venison & backstraps. Looking forward to your next hunt. Good luck in the new stand location.

:bounce:

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Back on stand but can't get settled cause I deer under me already. I'm up here cutting limbs with my bow on the ground and a doe walks under me!

Will update soon as I can

BornToHuntAndFish

Wow, you sure did get back on your stand quickly. What a great model of a motivated bowhunter. Sounds like it's time to feed your hungry Hoyt again. Release the Beast!!!

Glad you're already experiencing good signs for the rest of the day's hunt. Sorry you did not have your bow with deer already starting to crawl all over you. Fortunately, there's lots more whitetails where that one came from.

:D

reno

Good luck I hope you get it done again!!!