Dealing with bi-focal glasses

Pawdaddy

I recently took archery back up. I now wear bi-focal glasses. I can't shoot wearing them, so I shoot without them. I can hit the target but, I don't want to take the chance and wound an animal. How do ya'll deal with this?

Deerhead

I have the progressive bifocal lenses and they work well for me. I have to adjust my glasses snug against my face prior to shooting. But my sight picture is clear.

Oldstick

I have never shot a bow, but I have worn corrective lenses of some sort since the 3'rd grade and have required bifocals/progressives for the last 10 years.

Last visit to the eye doc, I was asking about getting back into the soft contact lenses again after a long drought. I pretty much gave up on wearing contacts years ago because they were fine outside in the strong daylight but useless indoors for any type of reading or close up work.

He made a suggestion that sounded strange to me, but asked me to try out a sample and see. He gave me one contact for my left eye for close up vision and one for longer distance vision in the right eye. And I was surprised to find I liked it. The combination blends together fine for normal viewing outside or inside and then you get accustomed to letting the close eye take over when you are reading up close. And now I can even read newspapers inside wearing the contacts with no reading glasses required.

I haven't tried this setup for rifle sights either, but I assume if you let the dominant eye you normally use to look down the sight be the close up, it might work.

K-Ro

I have the progressive lens also and they work great if I can keep them from fogging up

K80Shooter

You shouldn't need bifocals for archery, just get a pair of single vision for target shooting or hunting.

PM Sent

Jeffriesw

I have the progressive lens also and they work great if I can keep them from fogging up

I am in the same boat, I wear progressive tri-focals and they seem to be fine.

ripplerider

I had a pair of single-vision glasses made too. Its kind of a pain to have to carry readers too but worth it to me.

base3448

I had the same issue and I got it figured out. Push ur glasses with ur finger snug up against ur face before u attach ur release , and shoot. This will let u use the far distance lens, to see the deer and pins. U don't need ur up close bi lense for ur pins or distance. Hope it helps out. If u put ur glasses on the end of ur nose or lose u can't get them lined up correct