Dear President Trump

Israel

BANNED
I am writing again to you with an entreaty, as once before. My hope is that this does not fall upon deaf ears.
Various comments I have heard over the last several years attributed to you have given me pause. And to be fair, I am well aware that things attributed may not be things true, and our distance makes personal verification difficult to say the least. Nevertheless these have been things echoed quite publicly and it is hard for me to believe you are unaware.

Yet, even if a thing purportedly said was not said, but is taken up by a populace in eager agreement, you can see how crewmen on a ship of state, if either believing or hoping such to be true may act, or act out, accordingly. And the fact that they may not have been uttered almost becomes moot. The eager gobbling up of such by a significant number of said crewmen still may have deleterious effects upon a ship's handling and direction.

It is not incumbent upon you or any man to address any calumny. What may be said falsely about him (you) or falsely attributed to him does not hold an inherent necessity of address. You are free to ignore without having to be sidetracked by every sling or arrow scurrilously aimed your way.

But you also know, as not only a head of state but also by previous positions held in business enterprise, that if the chain of command suffers by insubordination or mistaken/ignorant reports of a chairman's intents, the business will eventually not reflect (and is subject to suffering if such a chairman is wise) that intent. So, in all, it becomes your prerogative of address as to whether such statement, if true, is yielding a corruption and in require of a straightening out to prevent further cankering. And if not true, to set the record straight even among those who may have hoped it were.

Such easily equate what appears in their own minds as a noble patriotism with such a view. Believing, as it were, that such is a normal consistency of evaluation by those who believe they rightly "love their country" above all others; and even so to the point of agreement that certain others can then be derided so casually. And if, by some metric that were to establish such a nation to a measurable superiority imparts a likewise and just call to derision. What I do not doubt in attribution is your full endorsement of the phrase "Make America Great Again", having seen you too often wearing such hats to be able to honestly doubt my eyes and ears.

So, is/was America once "Great"? Was, or is, this ever any of your doing? If it is a summoning to return to greatness by your appeal made before you held any helm of state, obviously not. I would ask you to consider, and so deeply as to not have any doubt about it, if there was a greatness allowed to this nation...by whose hand was it granted? Consider deeply before you answer.

If you consider the hand that may have allowed this nation to appear great by any measure belongs to the hearer and seer of all things, He already knows whether such estate is of His making, and likewise, whether such estate is rightly maintained for the despising of others less experiencing in their own homelands of His provision. You see, His eyes are a bit larger in view than merely Maine to Southern California. (and Hawaii). And a careful reading of His historical dealings that reveal Him willing to establish certain peoples, and thence nations as storehouses of such provisions for the more needy will also reveal He is not slow to judge what has mistakenly taken such providential care as of their own doing and making. Self exaltation does not escape His sight. It is not wise to sit at His table and imagine Him (the healer of such) a deaf mute.

Therefore, before it must be proven to any or all, even in sight of the whole of the world that such a nation can be humbled to estate once so casually assumed applicable to certain others, I would ask you to consider these words. He alone knows whether the world, and this nation in particular at whose helm you temporarily find yourself, will benefit from added sufferings that accrue to the accounts of the proud and stiff-necked.

But even Ahab, when donning sackcloth did not go unnoticed. And every man is free to make declaration of his allegiances and affections, but not without knowing he will be tested to see whether his word is true. And whether such allegiances and affections have a sure foundation.

Your care in these matters you have volunteered to, to take on being a "leader". Do it wisely I entreat first, for your own soul's sake, and also, no less, for those of whom you declare such an avowed affection. Do not imagine it is in your power to establish a city on a hill. Or that this nation is it. But it is in your power to eschew deriding of others that will only bring grief into your own house.

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Israel

BANNED
A people suffer when their leaders speak or act ill advisedly, and bad behavior in or from others (even as leaders might show of other countries) is never justification for one's own.

There has been a general sense, if I hear the spirit rightly, that this nation is at once...too big to fail, but more importantly imagine its benefits (do you believe this nation is in some way...blessed?) can never be withheld or withdrawn completely to sober a people who, claiming to know better, act as though they do not.

Or the very worst estate that somehow such blessings have been deserved by some innate superiority of the inhabitants. God does not ignore integrity, but neither can he coerced to such blessings.

God is slow to anger and plenteous in mercy, but presumption upon such by a nation does not go long un-judged.

WaltL1

A people suffer when their leaders speak or act ill advisedly, and bad behavior in or from others (even as leaders might show of other countries) is never justification for one's own.

There has been a general sense, if I hear the spirit rightly, that this nation is at once...too big to fail, but more importantly imagine its benefits (do you believe this nation is in some way...blessed?) can never be withheld or withdrawn completely to sober a people who, claiming to know better, act as though they do not.

Or the very worst estate that somehow such blessings have been deserved by some innate superiority of the inhabitants. God does not ignore integrity, but neither can he coerced to such blessings.

God is slow to anger and plenteous in mercy, but presumption upon such by a nation does not go long un-judged.
History has shown over and over that the "big boy on the block" is a temporary position.

StriperAddict

Some might argue that the former admin had far more disastrous decisions cloaked in human calmness. I don't like the brashness of the current commander in chief yet you have opened the door for fodder on governance of a nation in a health and economic crisis. I might change my own avatar to coincide with my admitted conservatism, and perhaps to your or others disdain. Of that, and all manner of opinions we are not acquitted, and maybe my own thoughts would well be shared elsewhere (political thread perhaps). For certain I/we might dim the cause of Christ in my/our wordings and shuffling, so I'll end with one thing, that we pray for all persons in any level of authority, even should our ideologies be crossed in each others considerations.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I dont understand what you are really saying, but I think one point is that even the perception of wrong doing by the Presidency is a bad thing. If that is true, then every President in the nations history was not qualified. His drawing attention to his self is the one thing that he has helped to survive. It is sure that now one else in the MSM is doing that. May have missed the whole point, but it is a confusing read.

gordon 2

1) *--whole countries don't have good real-estate potentials--for mega reasons. No different than some neighbourhoods that are like that...really that simple... ( No great intellectual or moral skill required here. No scripture reference required.)

2) I think it is said by some that the New Deal and the liberalism it spawned has made America not so great. So... making it Great Again is undoing it an its works and also undoing open arms immigration--globalism, affirmative action etc.... ( you know liberal stuff and all their taxes, don't forget taxes.)

3)Imagine an Ayn Rand character as the POTUS and the spun to grass roots got him/her there because that character is the hero. I don't imagine revival will come for the top or the bottom any time soon. Simply like a fighter jet making an ever smaller circle of chase at some point Atlas Shrugged will run out of energy.

4) Writing judgemental letters to God might be a better deal than posting them to ____________ . At least God will hear you and sift out idiology for what really matters.

Last edited:

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I didn't drink lysol.

But then again, I'm not a subject of the president. He speaks, I don't listen, or give a crap.

Israel

BANNED
I dont understand what you are really saying, but I think one point is that even the perception of wrong doing by the Presidency is a bad thing. If that is true, then every President in the nations history was not qualified. His drawing attention to his self is the one thing that he has helped to survive. It is sure that now one else in the MSM is doing that. May have missed the whole point, but it is a confusing read.

I don't think if you read it again you will find any mention of qualification. Nor will you find it is of itself addressing anything particular of self aggrandizing, except to the effects that such has upon others of the population. Even among some claiming the name of the Lord as their salvation.

No doubt some would think a call to a more sober consideration, reconsideration, which could be framed as need be (if need be) as to repentance...is so extreme as to be an affront. Such find that as condemnatory...a frank proposing that another is "all wrong" in the worst sense. I have nothing to do with them , and cannot...except as to preach the gospel as to the lost, as to indeed, those who are all wrong in their direction.

If repentance is a strange word, a harsh word...a condemning word to what calls itself the Lord's...and indeed may appear to be, then to such I do have a clear and I would hope call of clarion instruction...repent. Yes, repentance of thinking repent is an unkind word, a word born of contempt, an instruction so utterly foreign to God's keeping of us through Jesus Christ as to be a lie that would never pass the Lord's lips. But I even see the care there, that, as speaking to a child the word entreaty was given instead. But now a man skirts justifying himself.

Is he allowed? Or does he just make himself more a fool to put himself in place of such requisite knowledge that repentance must become a peculiar treasure to him? If a man is appointed to it...then he cannot escape it. If a man (perhaps even such as I) is found recommending repentance, he would then be a liar to try to escape a place where it is even made clearer to him of its beauty.

So, now, if I speak of what I see, and have seen, that is to some self justification that will require a deeper repentance in mentioning, it would be foolish to think or say, or hold any notion of "I hope I don't speak anything that will require repentance of me"...if repentance is so precious.

In "my time" I have been among the some calling themselves the people of God. The people at whose hand and by whose grace, I have even received some instruction. Such, for the most part (but not exclusively) have gladly called themselves "born again", or born from above by God's spirit. And I have little doubt of the many that have been.

And I remain in touch and contact with several of these brethren despite the interventions of time and physical distance. Why would I not? It is of no great disclosure or something that speaks well of me.

Yet a strange thing. And even stranger today as time and (I would hope) the motions of God move us. The last president most given to "ownership" among so many, and even greatly touted remains Ronald Reagan. Almost demigod in status among such...though they would be loathe to be confronted with such an appraisal of my esteem of their esteem. The man whose wife consulted astrologers.

And, with almost equal care such are very careful to disown Jimmy Carter.

And today I watch again, as from many of that same quarter huzzahs go up.

And I am all too aware that some seek, or hope to find some clear line of delineation between "their politics" and their faith. Even as though conservatism, of itself (and however it is defined in the mind) is a de facto expression of the righteousness of God. But I am not caring for that arena of dispute. I have no illusions as to such separations.

Politics is very much concerned with the structures of "neighbor dealings", and I have already concluded such instruction is found supremely superior elsewhere. So where some might say "you are mixing politics" with the faith, I would more bluntly ask "are you sure you are not mistaking politics for its substitution?" As though God winks at dispositions because "I am a conservative?" or "I am an American with certain rights guaranteed more securely by the constitution?"

Conservator-ship is not at all conservatism. The only rights I find secure to any surety is given in "believe God through Jesus Christ" and then hold the right to die in the faith. And if I be found a wicked steward/conservator, I cannot deny I have been given ample warnings to their disposition.

And, it is not that I prefer to believe "the Warner"...He has made ample proof to me that He is as absolutely good to His word as I might ever know anything.

And I have wandered in places of sifting, where center is denied knowing and nothing can be touched except most true plea for mercy. I have no control over any other man's wanderings except to allow issue from such place that cannot deny it's truth. There are places a man will discover he cannot bear according to his own words.

And if these are merely mine, my own words, I would be a fool to recommend repentance without that knowledge of how very precious it is. For I of all, if these be merely my own words...am set to it.

Israel

BANNED
Without getting into all the tall grass (which I am willing to do) of political/religious, or political/spiritual (if one prefers) points of relationship, I've had concluded to myself that of either, or both; in a society given to claim of representational government by way of voting, by far the purer statement is made in the political arena. Whether to activism as such, or just the casting of ballot.

If I am misinterpreting your words to "what really happens on the ground" for that place where rubber meets road of selves; nevertheless I still find it a useful image, even if I misinterpret. Where the implementations of life's outer structures are up for grabs in a representational government. Or are at least, presented as such. Based upon a presumption "your vote counts"...(ha ha...even if it be to no more than thwarting your neighbors!) such is presented as true.

Here some may find me cynical and not at all reasonable, though I am persuaded no cynic ever truly describes himself as such. If there be such a thing as a cynic, it would be hard to get him to wear that label; because ultimately he thinks himself not a cynic, but a realist in his observation of the affairs of men. So the appraisal I leave to what needs to judge, and also if any necessary judgments to be imposed upon a supposed christian (as I suppose I am) who draws from a quote attributed to Stalin.

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”

So, as more inclined to that agreement, does my seeing of the worm in the apple make me a cynic...or realist? Some may say "but it is the best we have" as they have been told so. And I have no more doubt that voting seen as "precious right" is as much clung to, not in mere expression of how a man might choose to live, but no less, as function of expression of his choice of how is neighbor ought to, also.

Here the will is propelled. Here wills are propelled. Do we wonder at polarizations that seem to have become so severe? I would say they have been inherently designed to such by the same voice given over to such canard as "choose your king!" (We have no king but Caesar!)

To such who are enthralled by making their choices known, never seeing such is set to a pure and irremediable nullification and thence...frustration, all I can say is have at it as long as one finds necessary...for one will, anyway. Push here...always brings response of push back...it is inevitable, and perfectly allowed, even appointed for frustration...in hope.

And once one finds the inevitability of antichrist is an appointed thing...even to such seeming nullification, it is only then, in that nullification, and by being made under the most severe disciplines to learn to be content in it...he may be allowed to see the hand that tips the scales. But one must be strenuously involved before one can learn the unutterable value of being relieved of such. Till then, it is the fantastical.

There is only one good fight allowed to any man.

A fairly wise observation was made here in regards to the OP..."I doubt he's a member here".

Yet I have no doubt whatsoever that by many his spirit is engaged, even to an adoration, and am in the learning of how spirit always touches spirit, regardless of all other matters that may deny.

But, I have had to go to a place for that understanding that I appreciate few have any care of voting for. Out of their own mind.

A prying is inevitable.

Last edited by a moderator:

gordon 2

I think that a prying is being done for everyone who can. The times are like that. And yet some will ever follow and settle in, but prying is being done more than we think. Or, perhaps generally very few people can stand alone as to ideology or they can't see themselves being able to afford the distraction of it-- for example if you or you company's client is the gov. you probably can't worry a prying as you would if your paycheck was due some place else. And a lot of folks' income depends on gov. directly and especially indirectly. Caesar is never far from the mantra of giving heed for who's giving is due. Now alot of people find themselves a little more independent than usual...

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
Another Walmart true story from today's archives.
another liar.jpg