Death to all rats!

crackerdave

I've been trapping rats the size of a yearling squirrel.Honey roasted peanut butter is the bait of choice....they liķe it as much as I do.

We've been hearing them running around in the attic for a while,now,and weren't sure what it was.I hate a rat!

basshappy

BANNED
I guess if they wise up to the traps I can put d-con bait out.

Our home was built in 1938. Upon moving in I heard scurrying between walls, in the attic, crawlspace etc. First year I got 38 rats. One became my nemesis - she was big (We live in a city loads of trash (food)) and smart. Avoided traps like a **** passing in the wind. I saw her twice and I thought she was a cat! I felt like Bill Murray in Caddyshack - I set all sorts of traps for her, baits, etc. I got to the point I wore all black clothing and footwear and a black ski mask so only my eyes were shown. And I hid in the basement with an air gun and I waited ... and waited ... and waited .... until eventually after a few days she appeared. I paused before I shot her because I realized "Our game" was ending, final round, and I saluted her for avoiding all traps and baits for nearly an entire year. And then I shot her and collected her. Somewhere I have pics of her. What a beast of a rat.

I crawl through the crawlspace sealing up holes, did the same in attic as these rats climb brick like it is a ladder, and we went from dozens to maybe 1 rat every couple of years. I did learn rats chewing/ gnawing reputation is well earned - they chewed through expanding foam I used in crawlspace after 2 years. So I use steel wire and foam mixed together and this combination lasts many more years. But I still go through yearly now, especially when temperatures drop, checking for access points.

On a related note we watched a city worker here open up a sewer access in the daytime and DOZENS of rats poured out! I mean loads of them and this guy screamed and ran like Michael Myers was before him! Lol

I know some say don't use poison because they will die and stink, but that stink only lasts maybe 7-10 days and then no stink, and no rat reproducing making more. Good luck!

crackerdave

Our home was built in 1938. Upon moving in I heard scurrying between walls, in the attic, crawlspace etc. First year I got 38 rats. One became my nemesis - she was big (We live in a city loads of trash (food)) and smart. Avoided traps like a **** passing in the wind. I saw her twice and I thought she was a cat! I felt like Bill Murray in Caddyshack - I set all sorts of traps for her, baits, etc. I got to the point I wore all black clothing and footwear and a black ski mask so only my eyes were shown. And I hid in the basement with an air gun and I waited ... and waited ... and waited .... until eventually after a few days she appeared. I paused before I shot her because I realized "Our game" was ending, final round, and I saluted her for avoiding all traps and baits for nearly an entire year. And then I shot her and collected her. Somewhere I have pics of her. What a beast of a rat.

I crawl through the crawlspace sealing up holes, did the same in attic as these rats climb brick like it is a ladder, and we went from dozens to maybe 1 rat every couple of years. I did learn rats chewing/ gnawing reputation is well earned - they chewed through expanding foam I used in crawlspace after 2 years. So I use steel wire and foam mixed together and this combination lasts many more years. But I still go through yearly now, especially when temperatures drop, checking for access points.

On a related note we watched a city worker here open up a sewer access in the daytime and DOZENS of rats poured out! I mean loads of them and this guy screamed and ran like Michael Myers was before him! Lol

I know some say don't use poison because they will die and stink, but that stink only lasts maybe 7-10 days and then no stink, and no rat reproducing making more. Good luck!
Good post....thanks!