Death to Harry Potter

BassMan31

I feel bad for the kids. I wonder how many preachers of "advanced years" at present preach 'against' harry potter but were totally enamored with Superman and Batman as children.

ambush80

I feel bad for the kids. I wonder how many preachers of "advanced years" at present preach 'against' harry potter but were totally enamored with Superman and Batman as children.

Batman and Superman's powers didn't come from sorcery, which the Bible says is real. I guess a Christian should renounce Dr. Strange but the Hulk is OK. Unless you're the "no dancing" "no drinking" kind of Christian, then you must renounce anything fun.

I wonder if Jesus would have danced to a song like Hey Ya? Who can resist? What dance moves would he wave his finger at?

Last edited:

BassMan31

Batman and Superman's powers didn't come from sorcery, which the Bible says is real. I guess a Christian should renounce Dr. Strange but the Hulk is OK. Unless you're the "no dancing" "no drinking" kind of Christian, then you must renounce anything fun.

I wonder if Jesus would have danced to a song like Hey Ya? Who can resist? What dance moves would he wave his finger at?

It doesn't matter. The point is children have imagination. Harry Potter and Superman play to the same sense of wonder, kryptonite or wands notwithstanding.

Faith by coercion and manipulation is not faith at all.