Dec 21-Dec 22 Catch list for all to post

2dye4

12-27-21 catch.
For the first time this morning that I can be sure of, I had a coyote to pull out of a MB-550 trap. Not sure what happened.

Attachments

• 38743F31-8444-4621-A09E-AF811BB9AAA1.jpeg
    38743F31-8444-4621-A09E-AF811BB9AAA1.jpeg
    487 KB · Views: 36
  • 1587EF66-906D-4C83-B51B-10A62FF08728.jpeg
    1587EF66-906D-4C83-B51B-10A62FF08728.jpeg
    537.1 KB · Views: 38

Doug B.

12-27-21 catch.
For the first time this morning that I can be sure of, I had a coyote to pull out of a MB-550 trap. Not sure what happened.
Great catches! Are you sure the coyote didn't roll on your trap? If it did actually pull out you will probably have to get creative to catch it now.

2dye4

Great catches! Are you sure the coyote didn't roll on your trap? If it did actually pull out you will probably have to get creative to catch it now.
No, you can actually see where he/she had the anchor and chain stretched and a circle where it was clawing.

buckpasser

I’m late to the party. Haven’t trapped much lately, and to be honest I think I needed a break from it. I’ve only been setting on one beaver dam and as of this morning most likely finished off the colony. I’m glad it wasn’t a paying gig because it took too long. I’ve not witnessed this until now, but they actually built an entirely new dam about 15’ from the original in a canal after being bit and escaping a drowner.

Here’s the last holdout. 40lber plus

9C72A645-4443-4B35-A4A0-1693F84CC82D.jpeg

2dye4

I’m late to the party. Haven’t trapped much lately, and to be honest I think I needed a break from it. I’ve only been setting on one beaver dam and as of this morning most likely finished off the colony. I’m glad it wasn’t a paying gig because it took too long. I’ve not witnessed this until now, but they actually built an entirely new dam about 15’ from the original in a canal after being bit and escaping a drowner.

Here’s the last holdout. 40lber plus

View attachment 1125030
Good catch. I’m going to try some snares because they’ve become trap shy to the body traps.

2dye4

This one must have got caught going home this morning after daylight.My neighbor was riding his 20 acre property and called me at 2 and said we got one. First time that has happened.

Attachments

• B46B2316-D5A4-4538-B5A2-E5DADFF6D0FF.jpeg
    B46B2316-D5A4-4538-B5A2-E5DADFF6D0FF.jpeg
    495.5 KB · Views: 20

Doug B.

This one must have got caught going home this morning after daylight.My neighbor was riding his 20 acre property and called me at 2 and said we got one. First time that has happened.
I have seen that happen a couple of times. I really like it when it does.

Great catches! I really like that gray fox! I like that silver fox too!

bear claw

bearded driveler
Weather dependant I plan on getting atleast half dozen out next weekend and evolve from there.

Last edited:

sportsman94

Posted in my thread, but here it is again. Young female caught on a trash pile set. Saw where her partner circled around so I Reset the trap and added a new one just outside of the catch circle. Added/moved 4-5 traps this afternoon that I have much more confidence in than what’s been out so hopefully something good will happen

Attachments

• FE4B5FFB-5C10-4F31-9F1F-DC825740F0C2.jpeg
    FE4B5FFB-5C10-4F31-9F1F-DC825740F0C2.jpeg
    322.5 KB · Views: 28

2dye4

Posted in my thread, but here it is again. Young female caught on a trash pile set. Saw where her partner circled around so I Reset the trap and added a new one just outside of the catch circle. Added/moved 4-5 traps this afternoon that I have much more confidence in than what’s been out so hopefully something good will happen
Great picture. Congrats on the catch!! I think we are all making a difference in the predator world.

dfurdennis

After a few possums ruining coyote sets and some horribly weather conditions rolled up on this girl 1/4/22, was starting to get discouraged only being my second year trapping and a few pulls one was a miss and the other just got off thinking raccoon was wondering if I was even headed down the right road. Just enough to keep hopes up!

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0_22.jpg
    imagejpeg_0_22.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 12

2dye4

After a few possums ruining coyote sets and some horribly weather conditions rolled up on this girl 1/4/22, was starting to get discouraged only being my second year trapping and a few pulls one was a miss and the other just got off thinking raccoon was wondering if I was even headed down the right road. Just enough to keep hopes up!
Good catch D. Congrats