Dec 21-Dec 22 Catch list for all to post

buckpasser

I set out the most half hearted coyote trap I think I’ve ever made a couple days ago. It’s the only foothold on my line of DP’s. There were occasionally coyote tracks there, so I tried them. It was semi promising at the beginning, with nothing but coyote gland lure smeared on the tip of a dead fall sticking out into the woods road.

First night produced a possum. Second a coon, then another possum. At this point the tree is long destroyed by the coon and there is a catch circle that resembles a pitchers mound. I literally hopped off the buggy, kicked out a groove with my boot heel, threw some leaves and straw over the trap and sprinkled some dry ground bobcat all around. This morning here he was:

Crazy joker!

916755EC-DE6A-4716-AFC0-0E2A0B7C0F8C.jpeg

A few egg eaters as well.

F1B40ACA-C64D-43FC-AC53-44CB6B004525.jpeg
702A4D42-4FA3-4752-95F7-9453A06525ED.jpeg

buckpasser

Great catches, but I want that pup!!!!

He’s probably the smartest dog I’ve ever owned. A born tracker, can read what mood I need him to be in, and fiercely defends my kids. My only complaint is that he’s like a shepherd. If you’re not us, he’s not your friend. I’m scared he’s gonna bite someone. Not sure what to do with him.

canine933

He’s probably the smartest dog I’ve ever owned. A born tracker, can read what mood I need him to be in, and fiercely defends my kids. My only complaint is that he’s like a shepherd. If you’re not us, he’s not your friend. I’m scared he’s gonna bite someone. Not sure what to do with him.
I was a K-9 for guy many years so, I know about how dogs can become attached and protective. I could always tell by mine's body language what they were feeling.

2dye4

Coyote caught on a deer jaw bone scent post today. Right next to where I had the one yesterday. Missed a couple other coyotes, but have them starting to come to my dump pile so I’m hoping to start picking up a few more. Also caught a few possum. Will go this afternoon and remake all the sets that have caught the last two days
Coyote as well
Red clay looks like it’s good to go to make some sets.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
You must be trapping close to a farm house with them as alarms?

No, this guy is one of a feral neighborhood pack about 40 strong.

There is also a peacock, a turkey, and a couple big red roosters that run with them.

My buddy with the 4h goats throws out scraps and a bit of feed for them, and they eat bugs on his 12 acres...:LOL:

furtaker

Well, first night coyote catches are very rare for me but it happened last night. This was the set I posted a picture of in the other thread...the big torn up dirt hole with the sod stacked up and the trap on the edge of the hole. It's a killer set. Young male and very red. I love this stuff!
IMG_20220112_174922362.jpg

Doug B.

Well, first night coyote catches are very rare for me but it happened last night. This was the set I posted a picture of in the other thread...the big torn up dirt hole with the sod stacked up and the trap on the edge of the hole. It's a killer set. Young male and very red. I love this stuff!
View attachment 1128351
Great catch in a great set! I really like that red color!!!

Doug B.

View attachment 1128351
Oh, and I'm going to be trying that set. I am hopefully going to get some traps planted tomorrow. I haven't had any going since before Christmas. I still have life and responsibilities going on but I'm still going to try to get a short line out.

furtaker

Oh, and I'm going to be trying that set. I am hopefully going to get some traps planted tomorrow. I haven't had any going since before Christmas. I still have life and responsibilities going on but I'm still going to try to get a short line out.
Good luck. I've only had time to get a handful out myself. I hope to get more out within the next week or so. I was just thinking yesterday how my job and life responsibilities get in the way of all the fun!

2dye4

View attachment 1128351
I’d say that is a pretty cool colored one. Not sure if I’ve ever seen one like that.