Deer "CAIN"

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
I've never tried this stuff before today.
Have any of ya'll had any experience with it?
Good? :huh:
Bad? :huh:

Here's the big question...............how about in an area where hogs are frequenting? :mad:

Git'r

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
Is it that bad, Teddy?

hhh

Woody's Janitor

It ain't that bad, it's just a gimmick and a little salt block will do just about as good in mine opinion. I used it about 10 years ago and deer would come to it. But the deer wouldn't just dying to get to it either.
Just pour out some corn instead !!!!

Ritzer

Banned
i used to use the deer cane blocksand the powder they ork ok.thepremade liquid in the deer cane 2 galln bottle is the stuff to get.my site is now as big and deep as a bahtub about.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
A bag of trace minerals is about the same and a lot cheaper. The deer will begin to hit these spots less and less now though.

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
Alright.

Thanks Ya'll.....

git'r

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Guess I'm a sucker for a gimmick. I've got one lick on my club with Deer Cain and the deer love it. I bought a block, then dumped the liquid version of it on top of the block. They've got a hole about a 1ft deep right now.

I like it better than a standard old 50lb brown mineral block because it get's in the ground a heck of lot faster and the deer seem to like it more when it's fully disolved and in the dirt.

Tommy

marknga

GONetwork Member
Folks put one out at the EIEIO and it works. Wouldn't say they were "addicted" to it but the deer keep coming back.

Mark

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
I'm glad to here that..............I put out a bag of "cain"today at a scrape location from last year.

He had every scrub oak and pine insight killed, last season.

I just thought I'd give him something to pose with for the camera!!

we'll see how it works on a sand hill.

git'r

carabrook

Gone But Not Forgotten
we have several licks going with the deer cain and it works well. We get daily pictures of deer coming to them. I do believe that they will start to slow down now as they arent in need of the minerals as much. Anyways we have had good luck with it and it keeps them coming back to the same spots.

Buckeye1

i agree they do slow down on using it as the season progresses but the difference between deer cane in the powder form and a salt block is you can hunt over the cane since its absorbed into the ground and u will have to remove the block if it is still there. i've shot quite a few deer from deer cane spots.

BBurn

Can you hunt over "Deer Cane" or something like a Persimmon Block like I've seen a WalMart, BPS Catalog, and such? A buddy of mine in NC told me about the Persimmon Block the other day and he said it works better at his place than the other flavored blocks. I have been thinking about getting a couple, but I'm not sure about the legality of hunting around them. :huh: