Deer camp electricity bill

Rebel 3

I was wanting to have electricity hooked up at hunting camp during deer season. I was just wandering how much your bills are for your hunting camps? We will have about three campers that will be primarily used only on weekends mainly in gun season. It will be factored into our lease fees this year.

H

HT2

Rebel..........

If you're only talkin' 3 campers it won't be much at all..........

You've gotta take into account how far they (the power company) might have to run it to you........You know, poles, etc......That's gonna cost you too........

For us at our camp.......

We have a "LOT" of things goin' and I mean a "LOT".......

We probably average a bill of $100 - $150 bucks per month at camp........Now, don't base your's off of ours........We have multiple A/C's running during the summer months and Heater's during the cold times..... We have security lights on all the time. So we are using it extensively.........Also, we've got people down there just about every weekend during the year.........

But, man let me tell you what.........

It's worth it !!!!!!!!!

Especially that A/C during Bow Season!!!!!!! :cool:

Jorge

I believe ours averages about $100 per month (maybe a little more) and we have 3 meters that serve three bunk areas, two campers, a well pump and three security lights.

H

HT2

Rebel........

Oh in that case they should charge you all that much if anything to get a meter goin'........

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Jorge said:
I believe ours averages about $100 per month (maybe a little more) and we have 3 meters that serve three bunk areas, two campers, a well pump and three security lights.

Jorge --- do they charge a minimum for the other months?

I'm thinking some do --- some don't.

Jorge

Woody said:
Jorge --- do they charge a minimum for the other months?

I think they do, but it is not much. I only see the total monthly amout paid and it averages about $100. I believe I heard our treasure say the minimum on some of the less used meters is about $10 or $20 per month.

Rebel 3

We got a well also, but I beleive it needs a pump. Im not sure if we will mess with it. I am sure it is worth looking into.

Jorge

Rebel 3 said:
We got a well also, but I beleive it needs a pump. Im not sure if we will mess with it. I am sure it is worth looking into.
If you can get running water, trust me, it's worth looking into and get a pump if needed.

DCOMP54

ELECTIC & WATER

You Will Have To Pay The Hook Up Fee Deposit. Make Sure Each Camper Is On A Breaker And Turn Them All Off When You Leave. Each Persons Responsibility. As For The Well. Lowe's & Home Depot Have What You Might Need. Submecible Possibly Is What You Need. Get A 1 Hp. Pump. They Run Around $300.00. The Jet Pumps Are Alittle Cheaper If You Need It. Once You Get Water You Will Have It Made.
We Have Showers And Indoor Toilets. Feels Real Good Each Day To Get A Nice Hot Shower. A Small Hotwater Heater Is Cheap, And Can Be Turned Off And Drained When You Leave To Go Home. Just Make Sure All Know What To Do If They Show Up Turning Things On And Off.
Good Luck

DCOMP54

ELECTIC & WATER

You Will Have To Pay The Hook Up Fee Deposit. Make Sure Each Camper Is On A Breaker And Turn Them All Off When You Leave. Each Persons Responsibility. As For The Well. Lowe's & Home Depot Have What You Might Need. Submecible Possibly Is What You Need. Get A 1 Hp. Pump. They Run Around $300.00. The Jet Pumps Are Alittle Cheaper If You Need It. Once You Get Water You Will Have It Made.
We Have Showers And Indoor Toilets. Feels Real Good Each Day To Get A Nice Hot Shower. A Small Hotwater Heater Is Cheap, And Can Be Turned Off And Drained When You Leave To Go Home. Just Make Sure All Know What To Do If They Show Up Turning Things On And Off.
Good Luck

fasn8nmom

I have to agree with some of the other guys about it being well worth it. Our power bill runs about 120.00 a month but we also have a number of campers hooked up as well as a cabin. On busy week-ends we also will run the walk-in cooler and that will generally drive the bill up some. But it is sure nice to come in take a hot shower, and sit in the A/C when you need it.