Deer taking a dip.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
The pic is not to good but the boat was bouncing on the wake. We saw this deer swimming from the S.C. to the Ga. side while we were fishing yesterday. They were generating power and the current was moving fast. She did not seem to have any problem crossing at all. The pic of her coming out of the water is to blurry to see but she was real fat. Since she crossed on to a piece of property i bow hunt maybe i will see her in about 4 months. :clap:

Attachments

• trophy room 001.jpg
    trophy room 001.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 293

HardCoreHunter

That explains the resent boost in deer sightings. The deer swim to S.C. for deer season and swim back to Ga for the summer. Mystery solved.

By the way cool pic, I never get to see stuff like that.

TJay

It always amazes me what great swimmers they are. What also amazes me is when "uninformed" people refer to deer as "poor defenseless---". They swim like beavers, jump like kangaroos, have a natural camoflauge, hearing like radar and a nose like a bloodhound. Sorry, I'm off topic, the pic just made me do it.

Nugefan

Cool pic...

seen that alot on Lanier ...

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Me and a buddy pulled up beside a doe once and patted her on the head:D

Jim

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
T H great pic

Thanks for sharing it with us :clap:

We saw this deer swimming from the S.C. to the Ga. side

Glad it was headed in the right direction;)

H

HT2

Cool Pic!!!!!

I ain't never seen a deer in water of any kind.............

Pretty Cool!!!!! :D

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I have seen it several times. I watched a spike swim out to an island near red top mtn. state park .He feed around for about an hour and then swam back to the park. (for those of you who don't know the park used to be so over populated that the deer would walk right up to you trying to get food)

gacowboy

GONetwork Member
Great picture! Maybe we don't see the amount of deer the DNR claims that there are in this state because they have become migratory. :bounce: :bounce: Or maybe they live underwater! :rofl: :rofl:

SGaither

Miner,
I thought the same thing when I saw the picture. I would like to toss a worm or spinner bait along those roots that overhang in the water.