Defensecarryguns.com

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Anyone have any dealings with them? Saw a Desert Eagle in the classifieds with an extra barrel for $800. Ad said Marietta but guy texted me back that he was in Cameron, FL. A Deagle in .50 AE WITH a .44 Rem Mag barrel would go for well over $2000 in today’s market. When I asked him why so cheap, he said it was used. Pics look flawless. Cerakote finish to boot. Checked out the website and same thing. Insane prices on other guns. Curious if anyone has dealt with them.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I have not dealt with them but if the price is too good to be true and the ad says the gun is in one State and the potential seller says the gun is in a different State it doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I have not dealt with them but if the price is too good to be true and the ad says the gun is in one State and the potential seller says the gun is in a different State it doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

Agree wholeheartedly. I guess just really wanted to post it as sort of a PSA but at the same time don’t want to rain on the guys parade if it’s legit. Anyway, FWIW.

frankwright

I did some searching on Google and he is advertising the same gun in the Handgun section of the 24 Hour Campfire, which I am not a member of. They all say it is a scam and he has it on numerous firearm forums.
I see another search shows his address as New York!
Yes, trust your gut, if it is too good to be true it is probably not true!

Reactions: Dub

JeffinPTC

This is why I always use a credit card and pay the extra 3% when buying from an unknown web site, even if I've bought there before.

doomtrpr_z71

They also provide an address in florida thats a liquor store, the address for tx is for a different gun store. The funny thing is they have ammo listed on other sites for sale that isn't even a deal.

Last edited:

JohnDBaptist

Hello- talk about walking like a duck!! I answered an ad on Florida Gun Trader for a bucket of ammo from this site. (Defensecarryguns.com). I should have listened to common sense but the website looked great. Took my money and now will not respond. Five days, no invoice or shipping notice. It is a SCAM!
I can only plead temporary insanity!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE. I will never buy online again. Lesson learned.

Dub

Hello- talk about walking like a duck!! I answered an ad on Florida Gun Trader for a bucket of ammo from this site. (Defensecarryguns.com). I should have listened to common sense but the website looked great. Took my money and now will not respond. Five days, no invoice or shipping notice. It is a SCAM!
I can only plead temporary insanity!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE. I will never buy online again. Lesson learned.

Sorry you were burned.

You are, however, fine buying online.

Use reputable sellers such as Ammo2go & Lucky Gunner.

Stay away from the unknown listers.

Nimrod71

The old saying: If it sounds to good to be true, it is untrue. I got a call yesterday I had won the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstake for $18,000,000. All I had to do was call a number. They even left a contact name. I haven't even entered so how could I have won and where did they get my name and number? I didn't call, its a scam. When I told my wife she lite up like a sparkler, first thing out of her mouth was did I can and what did they say. She sulked when i told her i didn't call and i had deleted the number from my phone. If it sounds to good, it is.

SC Hunter

@Dub like you said always use reputable sites. I've bought more ammo online in the past year than I think I ever have. I've been buying brass and bullets lately and will either begin reloading when/if everything gets back to normal or get the components to a friend of mine to reload.

frankwright

I buy mostly reloading components online but I have bought probably 15 guns online and never had a minutes problem.
I always deal with well known companies or well established members on Gunbroker!
I usually cannot find what I want locally so it is easier to go online. I was able to find my last gun locally! (The gun range in McDonough,Amchar Georgia, Gives LEO prices to all veterans on Glocks. Pretty good savings)

JohnDBaptist

I agree with above- this was my first online purchase of ammo. After looking everywhere for .380 I was impressed with the professional website and took the plunge. My question is- how can we get the word out so that others will not use seller? I have contacted the Florida Gun Trader but the seller still has listings there? Thanks.