Definately not the pic you hope for from your cell cam

shdw633

Especially with only a couple weeks left in the season!!!

Attachments

• Logger.JPG
    Logger.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 300

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Got a crew clear cutting & chipping on site the 160 ac on the north side of us in Jackson Co Fl. We can't hardly get around on our lease for downed trees anyway, but were hoping to hunt it a little bit.

twtabb

I would be happy to see that in my woods. I have to much laying on the ground and need to get it to the mill. Doubt I will get much for it but at least they will get it out of my way.

Attachments

• 6AE3642D-D08D-4086-AD8E-68D5F52757C7.jpeg
    6AE3642D-D08D-4086-AD8E-68D5F52757C7.jpeg
    614.6 KB · Views: 79

shdw633

I would be happy to see that in my woods. I have to much laying on the ground and need to get it to the mill. Doubt I will get much for it but at least they will get it out of my way.

Ok.....you made me feel better. At least they are picking up ours.

280 Man

Banned
I remember when they came and cut my area. One good thing, they cut all the pines but left the oaks. The first year after cutting was awful. Deer were there but only used the area at night..However, after the first year and the area started to get some regrowth of briers and the such, it got REALLY good..

shdw633

I remember when they came and cut my area. One good thing, they cut all the pines but left the oaks. The first year after cutting was awful. Deer were there but only used the area at night..However, after the first year and the area started to get some regrowth of briers and the such, it got REALLY good..

They indicated that they are spraying ours to kill off the scrub oaks and then replanting.

280 Man

Banned
They indicated that they are spraying ours to kill off the scrub oaks and then replanting.

They sprayed my area as well but the oaks I referred to them leaving were one 6-7 acre flat of 50-60 yr old oaks, not the scraggly scrub type!! Those oaks were surrounded by all that regrowth of replanted pines. After a couple years the hunting got REALLY good again and roughly 9-10 years later, it's still REALLY good.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Well crap. Spoke to my landowner this morning & he told me his business partner is going to hunt it with his grandson.
So we're out.
He has another piece in south Jackson County he said I can hunt, but I don't know if it's worth it. I guess I'll go look at it.

Just another incident that reaffirms my thinking that I need my own property.