Did a Little Organizing

rosewood

Just how many deer you plan on shooting? or missing?? :)

rosewood

Well, I’m hoping I still have a lot of hunting to do. ? Plus I know I’ll be suppling my kids once they outgrow youth season.
Oh, that is for years to come, not just this season. You had me worried. :)

rosewood

So that's where all the blackhorn 209 went, I felt good about having 2 jugs.
I am down to probably 2-3 ounces. BPS has it in stock, but I don't want to pay $49.99 for 10 oz of powder. I think I am good this season, but may have to do something else next season.

Rosewood

woods&water

I noticed the powder scales in the picture and the OP said he "weighted" out the loads. For safety sake I wanted to make sure everyone knew that 100 grains by volume only weighs around 70 grains. You can get in bad trouble thinking that any black powder is the same by weight and volume.

rosewood

I noticed the powder scales in the picture and the OP said he "weighted" out the loads. For safety sake I wanted to make sure everyone knew that 100 grains by volume only weighs around 70 grains. You can get in bad trouble thinking that any black powder is the same by weight and volume.
Bh209 has a conversion chart on their webpage I think to convert "their" volume to grains. Me thinks weighing is more precise since you aren't dependent upon settling.

01Foreman400

Staff member

84 grains is max weight in my rifle with Blackhorn 209 and is what my T/C Omega loves. 2,151 fps.

GregoryB.

I am down to probably 2-3 ounces. BPS has it in stock, but I don't want to pay $49.99 for 10 oz of powder. I think I am good this season, but may have to do something else next season.

Rosewood

I broke down and paid that Bass Pro price for a jug last week. SC doesn't have a muzzle loader season except for on a few WMA's so most places don't carry it. Was down to just a few loads left.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I paid $10 a bottle for most of that last year after deer season at Wal-Mart.

Monroe store isn’t keeping hardly anything shooting related anymore. I find some stuff at Milledgeville Walmart when I’m at the lake. Which store do you frequent?

01Foreman400

Staff member
Monroe store isn’t keeping hardly anything shooting related anymore. I find some stuff at Milledgeville Walmart when I’m at the lake. Which store do you frequent?

Hate to hear that. Monroe is where I bought it last year. I haven’t been in Walmart in a while.

Big7

The Oracle
Monroe walmarks don't have much of any kind of fodder.

Heck, they can't even keep brim hooks and small split shot.

woods&water

84 grains is max weight in my rifle with Blackhorn 209 and is what my T/C Omega loves. 2,151 fps.

I shoot an Omega myself. Mine shoots cloverleafs with hornady 250SST's over 110 grain (volume) Triple777 FFFG. Death in a copper jacket on critters. Been wanting to try blackhorn209 but I dont mess with success. Good luck to ya for ML season!

Last edited:

rosewood

I paid $10 a bottle for most of that last year after deer season at Wal-Mart.
I would have bought it all also. Never seen bh209 at the Walmarts around here.

frankwright

A few weeks ago my stepson who bought two 50 cal traditional sidelocks was in Walmart on Hwy 20 in McDonough.
He called me about buying some supplies and said they had BH209 and Pyrodex and a bunch of bullets.
I was surprised.
I only have a little BH209 left but I have not shot my Optima in years but use a .54 sidelock with real BP!
I may check that store after the season to see what is on sale!