Did Jesus claim to be the messiah?

atlashunter

Deer can still stumble several feet after death when in full strut ::ke:::ke:
For the rest. You’re arguing over two sentences that any man can speak in just a few seconds before their last breath.

Yes! Before their last breath. Not after. Now look at the sequence in each gospel. In Mark and Matthew his last breath comes after crying out in a loud voice. Not after speaking. In Luke he cries out in a loud voice but he does not then draw his last breath. He says something. The Jesus in Mark and Matthew can’t speak at this point because according to them he is already dead! In John he doesn’t he doesn’t cry out at all. He says it is finished and draws his last breath. But he can’t do that after saying what Luke said because in Luke he is dead after he says into thy hands I commend my spirit. I think what you are missing is if you load the statements up together and then have him dying you still haven’t resolved the problem of inaccuracy because each account indicates he dies right after what they claim are his last words.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I’m sure there was at least a minute “before” the suffocation began though, right??? At least 30 seconds just get the whole process started?? Did he have time to drink vinegar?? You’re really making a mountain out of this to prove what???? This is where you and Atlas are stuck.
Ohhh,now you are Sure...
You really didnt read the Crucifixion link I gave you.
I can tell because the novice arguments you make are solely from not educating yourself from the information that was provided to you.

The bible makes Jesus muttering words at his last breath like a Hollywood actor death scene.
It is not that romantic.
His last words could have been hours before his death.
In the realm of crucifixion, Jesus punked out early.

atlashunter

Mark: Last word “a” then last breath.

Matthew: Last word “a” then last breath.

Luke: Last word “b” then last breath.

John: Last word “c” then last breath.

Spot: Last words “a, b, c, and maybe some other stuff we don’t know about” then last breath.

Sorry spot, if your rendition is historically accurate the others are not.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I'll give you a dollar to take the bible into a courtroom and prove its validity on Legal terms
The point is our human nature bullet. If we all thought the same way, there’ll be no need for lawyers. We are human with opinions, not robots. As long as we have opinions you can’t change any bible or jaw to where everyone thinks the same.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
You really didnt read the Crucifixion link I gave you.
I can tell because the novice arguments you make are solely from not educating yourself from the information that was provided to you.

The bible makes Jesus muttering words at his last breath like a Hollywood actor death scene.
It is not that romantic.
His last words could have been hours before his death.
In the realm of crucifixion, Jesus punked out early.
No I don’t read unexplained links from anyone.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Mark: Last word “a” then last breath.

Matthew: Last word “a” then last breath.

Luke: Last word “b” then last breath.

John: Last word “c” then last breath.

Spot: Last words “a, b, c, and maybe some other stuff we don’t know about” then last breath.

Sorry spot, if your rendition is historically accurate the others are not.
You’re still hurt aren’t you??

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Ok the point is clear. You two have nothing to show.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Mine is based on faith. Yours is based on tangible, real evidence, so yes.unless you’re just believing what those link writers are writing?? But they sometimes differ and argue, too. So man it looks like you are just like us after all lol
Our difference is called evidence.

atlashunter

You’re still hurt aren’t you??

I think you know better than that. I never expected you to acknowledge the obvious contradictions. This is not our first rodeo dealing with believers stuck on their preconceptions of biblical infallibility. I still don’t mind spelling things out just to rub it in a bit. :bounce:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The point is our human nature bullet. If we all thought the same way, there’ll be no need for lawyers. We are human with opinions, not robots. As long as we have opinions you can’t change any bible or jaw to where everyone thinks the same.
Facts and Evidence clear that up.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Our difference is called evidence.
Ok one more and I’m going hunting.
So of all the links, studies, different opinions, researchers out there - you ultimately go with the one you believe. Unless.........you’ve put it to test yourself. So no, you’re not different, you’re relying on another writer that aligns with your thoughts. As we all do.,

If I kill one, I will send 3 of y’all a little different story of it and we can collaborate on her to see who can pick on any contradictions :cheers:

atlashunter

Ok I think we’ve beat this horse long enough. Which one is next? The denials of Peter? Death of Judas? Accounts of the resurrection? Jesus genealogy? Etc etc etc...

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I think you know better than that. I never expected you to acknowledge the obvious contradictions. This is not our first rodeo dealing with believers stuck on their preconceptions of biblical infallibility. I still don’t mind spelling things out just to rub it in a bit. :bounce:
Lol ok ? But the problem with this statement is ...........get ready for it - I acknowledged they differ in words.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Ok the point is clear. You two have nothing to show.
By your own admittance, You dont read what we show, then you claim we dont show it.
It really is a neat system you have.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Lololol, If i really really really liked Santa, I would shut the real world out also.
If you were a nicer child you’d have good reason to like Santa lol ? seriously, headed to the woods!!!

atlashunter

Lol ok ? But the problem with this statement is ...........get ready for it - I acknowledged they differ in words.

So what?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Ok one more and I’m going hunting.
So of all the links, studies, different opinions, researchers out there - you ultimately go with the one you believe. Unless.........you’ve put it to test yourself. So no, you’re not different, you’re relying on another writer that aligns with your thoughts. As we all do.,

If I kill one, I will send 3 of y’all a little different story of it and we can collaborate on her to see who can pick on any contradictions :cheers:
Unless you kill the Buck of God which was sacrificed to save all the other deer, I fully expect the story to change each time.

atlashunter

Unless you kill the Buck of God which was sacrificed to save all the other deer, I fully expect the story to change each time.

He may be on to something drawing comparisons between the gospels and hunting/fishing stories. :bounce: