Did You Buy A Gun Today #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
any serial number with a dash, those are all 1969 and later. Before that, 50 and 60s and if you are real lucky 1949.
The only 1949 I have is me! Checked serial numbers,one has dash other doesn’t. Do you have site for number lookup?

Reactions: Dub

bighonkinjeep

That is going to be mighty sweet !!

What it's chambered in ???
.308Win. Pretty sure thats the only chambering for this model. Same rifle as an FNAR without the pistol grip and a little lighter with an 18" cold hammer forged fluted 11 twist barrel. Listed at 6# 10 Oz. Was considering another SR25 platform, maybe pistol length, but in addition to its light weight and balance this thing points like a shotgun. In the reviews I read about some mushy triggers but it has one of the best semi auto triggers I've ever pulled aftermarket or otherwise. I think im going to like it. Probably try some 180gr first. If it likes em they oughta whump pigs with authority. ( Dont tell Nancy, Its completely Commiefornia compliant.) LOL

Last edited:

Dub

.308Win. Pretty sure thats the only chambering for this model. Same rifle as an FNAR without the pistol grip and a little lighter with an 18" cold hammer forged fluted 11 twist barrel. Listed at 6# 10 Oz. Was considering another SR25 platform, maybe pistol length, but in addition to its light weight and balance this thing points like a shotgun. In the reviews I read about some mushy triggers but it has one of the best semi auto triggers I've ever pulled aftermarket or otherwise. I think im going to like it. Probably try some 180gr first. If it likes em they oughta whump pigs with authority. ( Dont tell Nancy, Its Commiefornia compliant.) LOL

You are going to be well served by that one.

Lots of great history in the design.

Nice lighter weight for those hunts.

Was messing around yesterday with a short barreled M1A that's similar footprint of your new gun...it felt it weight 73 pounds. :rofl: Doubtful that it'll shoot anywhere close to the accuracy you'll enjoy from your BAR.

bullgator

I have been well served by the Talley LW mounts over the years.

These are on the bench tonight....going on different guns when time permits.

I trust them and will continue to use them on hunting rifles.

Target guns will likely keep getting pic rails & rings or cage type mounts. Nice being able to get that additional 20moa or 30moa "pre-loaded" in the base.

Cool. Thanks.

Norma is selling their TAC-22 right now for $39 / 500rds & free shipping.

https://normashooting.com/shop/caliber/rimfire/22lr/22-lr-40-gr-lrn-tac-22/

View attachment 1145879

If the Bergara doesn't shoot it well...my 10/22 just might.

Some stuff is showing up quickly. Wish the backordered glass wold come in this fast.

Heck yeah....I saw the lefty model show up on their website. (y)

View attachment 1145880

Two of my buds are lefty. They've both shot right-handed guns so long that it's always good seeing left-handed options show up....especially with guns having raised combs like on many sporters.

On the positive note...they both are more ambidextrous than I could ever be. Seems to translate over to rifles, shotguns & handguns....for them. That's a great skill.
See if you can find some SK Long Range Match ammo.

sleepr71

@Dub extreme weather? If so you'll like it alot! I had one in 300 win mag that I liked but sold it on a whim when I bought my abolt .270 a few years back. Less recoil for sure.

I'm working on a trade for a 788 in 22-250. Has anybody seen any 250 ammo anywhere?

If it’s the one on the ODT..he still has a box of 50 American Eagle he’s letting go with it. 50gr HP’s. I bought the rest of the ammo he had about 2 weeks ago. Saw some fella on there (Atlanta) wanting to sell 5 boxes of 55gr V-Max for $35/box. I passed. Just Too far to drive. It is hard to find right now…?‍?

SC Hunter

If it’s the one on the ODT..he still has a box of 50 American Eagle he’s letting go with it. 50gr HP’s. I bought the rest of the ammo he had about 2 weeks ago. Saw some fella on there (Atlanta) wanting to sell 5 boxes of 55gr V-Max for $35/box. I passed. Just Too far to drive. It is hard to find right now…?‍?
That's the one. Down in Albany. I agreed to a trade deal with him and never heard back from him. ?‍♂️ it's back up for sale but I won't chase a gun that I don't just have to have.

Jester896

Senior Clown
That's the one. Down in Albany. I agreed to a trade deal with him and never heard back from him. ?‍♂️ it's back up for sale but I won't chase a gun that I don't just have to have.

I would rather have the 1885 High Wall just below it in .22-250 in Central GA (Millageville) and it isn't even a flash sale.

Last one of those I saw was $1,600

Big7

The Oracle
RWS LR Match might also be a good long range choice
Can't steal any Stingers.
I had a boat load bought back when they were reasonable. Military ammo box full and burned up when my Uncle caught my truck on fire.

I lost that and a bunch more in different centerfire calibers.

Made me sicker than I already was when I got out of the hospital.

I got a bunch of different ammo and gun pics I'm going to post if I get rambunctious. ?20220406_154731.jpg20220406_154736.jpg20220303_172432.jpg

Big7

The Oracle
Put the Ruger 9MM top left on layaway. Took home 200 of SAR USA made FMJ. And can't even remember how many I put on layaway. Anyhooo... Good bullets at a better price than what I been seeing at $10- 20 more per 200.
20220406_155723.jpg

Dub

@Dub Dang...wonder why the shipper took all of that SK Match out of the 500 round brick box. Is all of it the same lot #?

Thanks for the Norma link

is the glass you got FFP?

Couple of mags & some more ammo showed up.

Rifle is still at online dealer's..... in their "shipping dept" (leaning in the corner of a dusty stockroom ) waiting on the "shipping staff" (a single dude who is on vacation, turkey hunting...or fishing ).

Scope is somewhere between Japan, China, Philippines and New Yawk City.

None of the above is confirmed factual, of course....'cept the ammo & mags showing up quicklike today. :rofl:

rosewood

Wonder if they will take a bad check???
:rofl:
Didn't know they would take a check, thought they needed cash, I will just pay the whole thing off now...

pacecars

Winchester 1895 .35 WCF made in 1928. It has been refinished but it belonged to a friend and coworker that was killed by a scumbag when he responded to a home invasion a few years ago. 0C480977-24C0-4107-A1E9-D7FEED334533.jpeg2319203F-B732-461D-9767-CABD5CEB3B83.jpeg90771F1B-93F4-4879-A527-0A782DED99B4.jpeg5C54C4AB-561A-4281-B1CF-E8567B606814.jpeg08ED664E-B154-4362-B8AB-1CA0795C426A.jpeg98ED5FAF-3591-4FD9-B629-EA255CA39090.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.