Did You Buy A Gun Today #2

Adam5

Saturday I picked up my S&W 12 Snubbie that I ordered from Cabelas in Scaraborough, ME. When I initially spoke with them they described it as having a lot of cosmetic wear from extensive carry, but the action locks up tight with a smooth DA and crisp SA trigger. They described it perfectly. After shooting it Saturday afternoon I’ve decided it’s likely to become routine carry when my holster arrives for it.

I knew it was an early model being a flat latch. The fact that it’s a no dash places production in the ‘58 - ‘64 range.

Attachments

JR924

Just started my WW2 gun collection with a Jap 7.7 Arisaka. However the guns I am going after are not necessary prime examples of WW2 period with all the original markings ($$$$$$). Some may be made just after the war if at least they look like the WW2 model. For example I may just keep my Yugo and Mitchell Tanker Mauser instead of getting a K98. This Jap 7.7 Arisaka was a GI capture with the empire seal peened off but not late war which I read can be dangerous to fire. It has checkering on back of bolt so looks like it was manufactured when times were good during the war. I read it was an intermeediate model made in the 1939-1944. Bummer 7.7 Jap ammo is too expensive. Next one is an Enfield. Last ones will be the MI carbine and Garand as their prices are ridiculous.

Attachments

rmp

I don’t think you’ll find many good deals but if it’s something tougher to get, people will pay. There’s a couple nice Dakotas on there now. 👀 I’ve a friend that just bought a 1950 Winchester 70 in 257 Roberts. Not cheap. He’d wanted one most of his life and had the means to make it happen.

I got a notification that the 3” .38 LCRX was in stock at a decent price......sooo, I ordered it. Probably be here next week.

FlipKing

I like the way those look ! haven't seen one in person yet though, the Warpoet guy has his media office not far from where I work, I've run into him at lunch before ! I try to keep up with his videos he puts out, seems to be a good guy !
I bought it from an ODT member. Unfired. First 100 rounds, so far I love it. I'm a stronger rifle shooter than hand gun but this is the best I've ever shot a handgun. Now it's not small. It's a beefy pistol, but mild recoil, accurate, and will run as fast as you can. Plan is for it to replace my 43x for edc.

Bought a Bergara B14 hunter in 308 over the weekend. Been going back and forth between it and a Tikka T3x and they were within $34 of each other. Ultimately decided to go with the Bergara because it was slightly heavier (7.05lbs) and I can use my DNZ mounts off an old 700 ADL I had. For $740 out the door I figured it was as good a deal as I was gonna get in this class of rifle. Bought it online from KYGUNCO, they always seem to have good prices. I did find it cheaper by $30 at sportsman’s warehouse here in town (looked online) but they didn’t have one in stock so that didn’t do me any good. Plus I figured paying tax at SW would have evened out with the $30 difference since KYGUNCO didn’t charge tax, only $9.95 shipping.

Bought a Bergara B14 hunter in 308 over the weekend. Been going back and forth between it and a Tikka T3x and they were within $34 of each other. Ultimately decided to go with the Bergara because it was slightly heavier (7.05lbs) and I can use my DNZ mounts off an old 700 ADL I had. For $740 out the door I figured it was as good a deal as I was gonna get in this class of rifle. Bought it online from KYGUNCO, they always seem to have good prices. I did find it cheaper by $30 at sportsman’s warehouse here in town (looked online) but they didn’t have one in stock so that didn’t do me any good. Plus I figured paying tax at SW would have evened out with the $30 difference since KYGUNCO didn’t charge tax, only $9.95 shipping.
Sounds like a solid deal.

Mounting a scope on mine this weekend.....also a .308.

I think we will both be pleased.

Another place that seems to keep a pile of Bergaras in stock is Carolina Caliber, right outside Greenville, NC....my old stomping grounds.

That's where I bought my B14 Hunter .308.

Bought the HMR 6.5cm-mb from a local spot that has always been excellent to work with.

Sounds like a solid deal.

Mounting a scope on mine this weekend.....also a .308.

I think we will both be pleased.

Another place that seems to keep a pile of Bergaras in stock is Carolina Caliber, right outside Greenville, NC....my old stomping grounds.

That's where I bought my B14 Hunter .308.

Bought the HMR 6.5cm-mb from a local spot that has always been excellent to work with.
I think we will too! Honestly I’ve always been interested in Begaras but just never got around to buying one. Well I sold my old 700 in 308 last year to a friends son who wanted to buy a gun but didn’t want to spend a lot, so he got my 308 for $300 scope and all. Hunted all last year with other calibers I had but decided I wanted another 308 as I always used that as my primary caliber. I think for now I’m gonna put on an old VX2 3x9x40 on it for now until I can find a deal on a Meopta. My local gun shop has Bergaras out the wazoo but they’re all in 6.5 creedmoor. It’s like that’s all he stocks anymore in rifles, but he says that’s what sells so I understand. I’m glad I sold that 700 ADL to my friends son because I doubt I’d have ever bought this Bergara if I hadn’t.
What ammo are you going to try out in it?