Did You Buy A Gun Today

I have been toting the p16-40 with 10mm barrel for maybe 15 years or more in the woods. Still have the 40 barrel for it. I have a reamer now and can just ream out the 40 on the "new" gun to 10mm if I elect to go that route.

Will probably be awhile before I decide. Been spending too much money on toys lately and need to pace myself...

Rosewood

Understood on the slowing the roll.

I've been kicking around the idea of another rifle...that will need a scope. Getting into the longer range plinkstering is not an endeavor my wallet can handle. But if I'm going with an AR style can't help but feel sooner is better than later due to pending legislation. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. The cost of it will have me shying away for a while.

When sorting brass I ran across a 9x25 Dillon case.

I'll bet those are hugely fun.

Beside a 10mm case.

Underwood headstamp....figured I'd look to see what they offered for carry-hunting ammo:

https://www.underwoodammo.com/collections/handgun-ammo/cartridge_9x25mm-dillon

124gr XTP at 1,700 fps.........cookin'!!!!!!

I could only imagine the fun a handloader could have. (y)

Christmas is coming and I am getting the hots for a 10 mm auto. I have been reading a lot about them and I have wanted one ever since they came out. I like big guns. I just finished shooting fifty 44 mags in my T/C with 14 inch barrel. My hands hurt, but it feels good. I like have the power in my hands. You never know what you are going to run up on in the woods, or who may come to your door. I think one 10 mm shot would equal five 9's. Heck, I think I'll head to the LGS in the morning. Good Idea.

I really don't find the 10mm to be a harsh shooter. The G20 I had several years ago ate everything with supreme ease and sloughed off recoil nicely.

Fast forward a dozen years to present and I find the 1911 platform to make a smooth shooting 10mm pistola. Thus far I've been running factory springs in mine and factory ammo. Granted, much of the 10mm ammo out there is throttled way back...simply .40S&W-level.

Sig makes some fmj range stuff in 180gr at 1,250fps or so. Hornady 180gr XTP ammo is right in there, too....a bit warmer, maybe. Both are very easy shooting rounds. I don't understand how 10mm earned the reputation as a harsh recoiler....it simply isn't.
I'm hoping to work up a tad hotter than that for hunting ammo.

Good luck on your search. Maybe you'll luck into some ammo for it while you are shopping.....get all you can.

Better hope he doesn't win.

Thread starter #203

Nimrod71

Ordered a Glock 30 this morning. I can't wait to get it. I need it to carry to the woods, you never know what you may walk up on, or what may walk up on you or me.

Ordered a Glock 30 this morning. I can't wait to get it. I need it to carry to the woods, you never know what you may walk up on, or what may walk up on you or me.

G30 makes for a really nice carry weapon during archery season and you are walking out of the woods to your truck parked along the roadside.....and find 2 guys waiting there for you....guys you've never seen in your life....guys that were instantly making nervous talk with you as you dropped your tailgate and putting your bow down and storing the climber.....they shut up when you take your mesh skeeter shirt off and they see the pistol on your hip......didn't take long for them to be on their way in their barely running car.

Was hunting public land when the above occurred.

Figured the dirt road in the WMA was far enough off the beaten path that only hunters or DNR officers would come by. Never figured random meth-heads would be casing my truck....and waiting for an archery hunter.

Not much at all in those woods was a threat....far enough inland to be outa the swampy part...no gators to worry about. The occasional hogs possibly. Never really figured the biggest threat in the woods was....and usually always is....the human kind.

G30 is a handy little package and is chambered in my favorite non-magnum round.

I didn’t buy one but I sure found one that I want to buy! Been wanting a 1911 in 10mm for awhile, but other things keep getting priority. Found a Kimber Pro Raptor II in 45 yesterday and it almost came home with me. Can’t find a 10mm 1911 to handle anywhere!

I didn’t buy one but I sure found one that I want to buy! Been wanting a 1911 in 10mm for awhile, but other things keep getting priority. Found a Kimber Pro Raptor II in 45 yesterday and it almost came home with me. Can’t find a 10mm 1911 to handle anywhere!
Scratch that- bought a Springfield TRP Longslide 10mm this morning off of gunbroker!

ChidJ

Well today my luck turned around!

A few weeks back IWI released a limited run of Galil Ace rifles in 5.45. They sold out in less than 24 hours and I missed out.

Yesterday, the Mosin Crate did a sale on Puerto Rican law enforcement confiscated AKs. Those sold out in about 1 second and I missed out.

But today, I got an email from Copper Custom. Apparently someone’s payment info or FFL info was no good because they listed 1 more 5.45 Ace for sale and I got the notification it was “back in stock”.

Hopped on it like a duck on a junebug!

Stroker

Not today, but Sunday. Kinda stole it. Ruger MK1, 4" bull barrel, great trigger, excellent condition, $200. Sweet shooter. Checked another one off the bucket list.

killerv

Not today, but Sunday. Kinda stole it. Ruger MK1, 4" bull barrel, great trigger, excellent condition, $200. Sweet shooter. Checked another one off the bucket list.
wasnt aware they made the mki in a 4in bull barrel, I only know of the 5 1/2in. I think they did a special run of the mkii with a 4in bull.

Last edited:

Stroker

wasnt aware they made the mki in a 4in bull barrel, I only know of the 5 1/2in. I think they did a special run of the mkii with a 4in bull.
It could very well be a 5 1/2" bull barrel, but for $200 and being in excellent condition I wasn't gonna pass it up. I'll have to measure it when I get home today. Bought it as a companion to my MKII government model. Got to mod all my MKII mags so they will fit the MKI. Can't wait to shoot them side by side for a accuracy comparison.

killerv

It could very well be a 5 1/2" bull barrel, but for $200 and being in excellent condition I wasn't gonna pass it up. I'll have to measure it when I get home today. Bought it as a companion to my MKII government model. Got to mod all my MKII mags so they will fit the MKI. Can't wait to shoot them side by side for a accuracy comparison.

That was a good deal. I love these things, I currently have a mki and mkii in the 5 1/2 bull. Along with a couple old standards. I shoot the bull barrels way better than the tapered ones.

Stroker

That was a good deal. I love these things, I currently have a mki and mkii in the 5 1/2 bull. Along with a couple old standards. I shoot the bull barrels way better than the tapered ones.
Same here. Had a standard model years ago but it got stolen. I really got this one for holster carry, the 6 7/8 barrel one the government model is a little long for holster carry, especially when getting in and out of my truck or when on a tractor. Really want the new MKIV for relocated mag release.

Stroker

I picked up a Tikka T1X in 22lr the other day, I went for the 16in barrel version, now to get it scoped out.
Man those Tika's sweet. When I sold guns at BPS in Macon I always recommended them over any bolt action rifle we sold, butter smooth action and guaranteed accuracy. I need a good bolt .22.

Thread starter #218

Nimrod71

I just read in a new article on CNN that the FBI has reported over 28 million gun checks so far this year, more than all of 2019 and we still have two more months to go this year. Guns and ammo sales are flying.

I haven't bought a gun in a month or so but I have been buying ammo every chance I can. Nothing major purchase wise but 2 or 3 boxes here and there, mostly deer rifle ammo and shotgun shells.