Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub

Some Memes I have to download, this is 2 of them. :)

I should apologize....I have nothing but respect for Glock pistolas. I've owned them in 9mm, .45acp, 10mm and 40s&w. Never once had a misfire or failure to feed. Not once.

Never had one breakdown or fail me in any way, shape or form.

That being said I just have never been inspired to hang onto them for some reason. At present, I have one polymer gun, a P365. I don't know what it is.

I guess the older I get the more I prefer steel & alloy framed guns....and especially accurate guns (not that any of my Glocks weren't)......and especially 1911 pistols in 4"-6".

It's a personal preference and in no way do I feel it should be taken as advice to others. It is simply what this middle-aged hombre likes. I'm mighty fond of the good old 1911. It's my horse and I'm ridding it until I'm too old to ride.....then I'll limp around with one on my hip. :rofl:

rosewood

I ain't quite as old as Dub, but I have been a 1911 fan most of my firearm owning life. Do own 1 Glock, just because, but it sits in safe and I really don't care to shoot it. I have multiple 1911s. I probably own more S&W 3rd gens than anything else though. They are "all metal".

Rosewood

ChidJ

I've got a couple of 1911s but they are too doggone heavy for me to carry and I have no interest in competing with them so they remain a small part of my collection.

That being said, there is nothing that can touch the classy vibes of American steel and sex appeal chambered in 45 ACP

Edit: That pokemon/clint meme maded me actually laugh out loud

pacecars

I am trying to resist but there is a Savage 99 RS that is calling my name and getting louder and louder

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Last November I sold off a few long guns that I never shot anymore and had no plans of shooting (magnums & such) with shoulder replacement overdue & looming.

Took the proceeds and forwarded it to my favorite gun dealer who put in a custom order for something that will get shot often.....a gun that's been on my bucket list for 20 years, but other hunting guns & scopes always ate up the budget.

Options were mostly identical to the UTC he ordered for me a year ago. Been a great carry gun.

A few months passed.

It arrived today.....somewhere amidst all the oil is a blued pistola.

This one is my only .45 with adj rear.

Chose fiber optic for the front. Just not much of a fan of night sights on the range. My eyes do better with this type. Quick, easy & cheap to replace the rods whenever a color change is wanted or if a rod breaks somehow.

20 lpi checkering on front strap & deep magwell that works with even the thickest base pads I generally use.

I gotta quit fooling around and get my dang press up & running quickly. Keeping these .45's fed is gonna take some doing. (y)

pacecars

Paid more than I really wanted to but they don’t come around in that condition very often. It will make a trip to the range and the woods on a few occasions when the weather is right

Jester896

Senior Clown
Came close...a 7x64 Brenneke cambering in a 700BDL...$2500 backed me up a little...had plenty of ammo too

Came close again with a S&W Sheild EZ in 9mm too...have to wait a couple of days to even look...wondering if the TS in the part # is for Thumb Safety...I should pass...I hear they are really hard to operate

pacecars

To top off the Savage and Colt Python, John Powers called today and said he was starting on my Ruger!

pacecars

I have got to stay off Gunbroker! And away from some of these enablers that I won’t name

Dub

I have got to stay off Gunbroker! And away from some of these enablers that I won’t name

Speaking of which....you are a bad influence yourself......flinging 10mm cravings......they are contagious. :rofl:

Just kidding. I was already eat up with respect for the cartridge. I just never gave it much thought for a wheelgun until thinking about a post you made a while back.

Got the gears turning about wheel guns in 10mm. .Seemed like a good thing to have since it's a common caliber to what I'm set up for and it can also run .40s&w. which I have a pile of brass for as well.

A while back I put a M610 on layaway. Paid it off and picked it up today.

Trigger pull feels great...no surprises there. S&W does a good job on that part...yet the continue to put the infernal locks on it. Dumbest thing ever. I'll be pulling & plugging that crap as soon as I get a chance.

Another thing S&W is lax on is finish. They should spend some time at a buffing station before they tossed 'em in the boxes. Surface finish looks like garbage compared to what Ruger is doing. S&W should take lessons.....but ultimately it is my fault for supporting them with a purchase.

A few range trips to ensure it's good to go and then I'll plug the Hillary Hole and then polish it up with some Mother's & then hit it with Renaissance Wax.

pacecars

I do love a 10mm. Got a call from John Powers that he is starting my gun. It is the 10mm/.38-40 convertible on an Old Model Flat Top .357 and he will be adding one of Ronnie Wells smaller Brass Bisley frames

Dub

I do love a 10mm. Got a call from John Powers that he is starting my gun. It is the 10mm/.38-40 convertible on an Old Model Flat Top .357 and he will be adding one of Ronnie Wells smaller Brass Bisley frames

Mighty intrigued to see this one develop. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.