Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkhorse

When looking at receivers check what coding is used at the high end of your budget. There will be several running in the background, remember these, and you will have a couple of choices for your surround sound, probably a Dolby of some sort and maybe NEO 6, now go look at a lower priced model and do the same thing. Most, if not all, of these codes are being used by the cheaper model also but you might need to look for it in the specs. If that's the case buy the cheap one then go and get you a red dot for your pistols with the savings.

sbroadwell

I did. First time since before COVID.
The last few guns I've bought, I used hotel points to get Bass Pro gift cards. Finally got enough points to get a Sig P365. Going to upgrade from my Ruger LC9. It was on sale for $499, and I had $500 in cards, so I ended up paying $29.99

Just ordered one of those magazine loading gizmos. I couldn't get more than five rounds in each magazine, so I shot it ten times in the yard. Seems to work fine, but I need to put several hundred rounds through it before I'm ok carrying it. That is going to be more expensive than it used to be!sig365.jpg

sbroadwell

And this is where Amazon comes in so handy. No stores around here that would have a mag loader. I ordered one for $9.95 from Amazon, and supposed to be here tomorrow.

I personally don't much like the way the internet, particularly Amazon, is taking over retail. But, my company sells to over 90 Amazon locations, and I've personally been in 22 sites this year. The people in maintenance I call on are just like everybody else - the #1 topic we talk about at most locations is guns. And, they are quick!

rosewood

Can't beat a gun you bought with gift cards!! :)

Dub

The last few guns I've bought, I used hotel points to get Bass Pro gift cards. Finally got enough points to get a Sig P365. Going to upgrade from my Ruger LC9. It was on sale for $499, and I had $500 in cards, so I ended up paying $29.99

Just ordered one of those magazine loading gizmos. I couldn't get more than five rounds in each magazine, so I shot it ten times in the yard. Seems to work fine, but I need to put several hundred rounds through it before I'm ok carrying it. That is going to be more expensive than it used to be!View attachment 1089398

Great pistol. I'm betting you'll be pleased with it.

Mighty versatile in method of carry.

I've had great success with their 12rd & 15rd mags. Left them loaded overnight before range trip....no issues. Was able to cram them full. I've not, however, tried the 10rd mags.

https://www.maglula.com/product/uplula-9mm-to-45acp

Highly recommend this mag loader for when you have several to reload. They also make an insert for it that makes single-stack mags easy to load.

Highly recommend.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War

Just ordered one of those magazine loading gizmos. I couldn't get more than five rounds in each magazine, so I shot it ten times in the yard. Seems to work fine, but I need to put several hundred rounds through it before I'm ok carrying it. That is going to be more expensive than it used to be!View attachment 1089398

You’ll never carry anything else.

chuckdog

I finally located a S&W Victory 22LR at a price I can live with. I got it Saturday morning.

I've been wanting to try one on for size for quite some time, but it had became one of the victims of covid. I found a couple earlier, but they either had condition and or price issues that prevented me from getting one sooner.

The green sights make them fairly easy for my older eyes to see. The trigger is a bit heavy for a target pistol, but if it shows promise I'm sure it can be lightened. It does feature a magazine disconnect. This is a feature I despise, but it seems to have little if any obvious effect on the trigger pull or reliability.

I worked on my "Home Pistol Range" yesterday too. The tree that I caught my hand between it and the tractor is now gone!

Hopefully the new Smith will get a test drive on my somewhat improved range later today.

S&W Victory.jpg

frankwright

I bought mine when it first came out and it has been my constant companion with no problems.
I don't know what the current panic price is but for $32 from Osage Country I put the XL grip frame on mine. No harder to conceal,easier to shoot and 12+1.

Attachments

• Sig 365 XL 2020.jpg
    Sig 365 XL 2020.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 11

sbroadwell

I bought mine when it first came out and it has been my constant companion with no problems.
I don't know what the current panic price is but for $32 from Osage Country I put the XL grip frame on mine. No harder to conceal,easier to shoot and 12+1.

I found that place online last night, and ordered two magazine (12 and 15 rounds). Once I get the gun broken in I may think about switching frames.

snuffy

You will love the gun.
I carry mine with the 12 round mag. But have shot the ten round ones a good bit .
No problems with any of them.

As Dub said get the UpLULA mag loader. I have several

Reactions: Dub

sbroadwell

You will love the gun.
I carry mine with the 12 round mag. But have shot the ten round ones a good bit .
No problems with any of them.

As Dub said get the UpLULA mag loader. I have several

I ordered 12 and 15 round magazines online this weekend.
And, the $10 mag loader I got online ain't hitting on much. It works, but not well.
I've used one of those Uplula ones, and it works a lot better. Heading to LaGrange, then up to Dalton today, so I'll be all over. If I pass an Academy I'll stop and see if they have one.

Reactions: Dub

snuffy

I ordered 12 and 15 round magazines online this weekend.
And, the $10 mag loader I got online ain't hitting on much. It works, but not well.
I've used one of those Uplula ones, and it works a lot better. Heading to LaGrange, then up to Dalton today, so I'll be all over. If I pass an Academy I'll stop and see if they have one.

I bought one of mine at Academy in Mcdonough.

chuckdog

My wife and I stopped by Academy in Douglasville Monday. I wanted to look at a deer feeder for our backyard, my wife wanted shoes.

We left with a deer feeder, battery, solar charger, shoes and what may likely be the ugliest revolver that I've ever bought myself.

I haven't got it unboxed and pre-fire serviced yet. I spent the rest of my afternoon assembling the feeder.

Here's a stock photo of one.

2-605021B_00.jpg

Taurus 605 Poly Protector FDE. My wife agrees that it's too ugly, homely for most folks to want to steal.

I've been wanting a smaller .357 Mag. I've been looking at a Ruger SP 101, but it's considerbly heavier and twice the price.

I know the Ruger is tough and reliable. This one is an unknown for me. It seems to get fairly good reviews and is lightweight and inexpensive enough that I'll more likely carry it without hesitation.

I had no idea a polymer frame Taurus in fde would be what I'd choose.

bullgator

My wife and I stopped by Academy in Douglasville Monday. I wanted to look at a deer feeder for our backyard, my wife wanted shoes.

We left with a deer feeder, battery, solar charger, shoes and what may likely be the ugliest revolver that I've ever bought myself.

I haven't got it unboxed and pre-fire serviced yet. I spent the rest of my afternoon assembling the feeder.

Here's a stock photo of one.

2-605021B_00.jpg

Taurus 605 Poly Protector FDE. My wife agrees that it's too ugly, homely for most folks to want to steal.

I've been wanting a smaller .357 Mag. I've been looking at a Ruger SP 101, but it's considerbly heavier and twice the price.

I know the Ruger is tough and reliable. This one is an unknown for me. It seems to get fairly good reviews and is lightweight and inexpensive enough that I'll more likely carry it without hesitation.

I had no idea a polymer frame Taurus in fde would be what I'd choose.
I think I’d limit myself to .38 +p in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.