Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosewood

Picked up the GX4 yesterday. Haven't gotten to shoot yet. Came in nice hard plastic case and 2 11 round mags. I picked up a 13 round at Academy for $29-5% for using Academy Credit card. Was cheaper than online. I only went with the Midnight Bronze slide because it was on sale for $299 at PSA, the black (which I prefer) was still about $399. I can deal with the color for $100 savings. Very nice little pistol. Tight, well made, good finish inside and out. Nothing to snag on either. Uses Glock sights, so after I decide to carry it, will probably add on some Tru-Glo TFO to it. Trigger measured at about 5.75lbs pull. I will probably order the 13 round mag extension and spring from Taurus and a pinky grip for the other mag in the next few days. I think I am going to try the small backstrap first and then maybe try out the larger one after I shoot it to see which one I like better.
942021103826.jpg942021103812.jpg
Rosewood

Mauser

Traded for it a few weeks ago, new model Blackhawk 45 colt, named it Big John,he was a friend of mine that passed several years ago. He bought it new in 1976. Got two different loads loaded for it today. 300gr xtp 18gr 2400. 275gr hunter supply flat point 19.6gr TCMIMG_20211005_180117801.jpg

rosewood

Picked up the GX4 yesterday. Haven't gotten to shoot yet. Came in nice hard plastic case and 2 11 round mags. I picked up a 13 round at Academy for $29-5% for using Academy Credit card. Was cheaper than online. I only went with the Midnight Bronze slide because it was on sale for $299 at PSA, the black (which I prefer) was still about $399. I can deal with the color for $100 savings. Very nice little pistol. Tight, well made, good finish inside and out. Nothing to snag on either. Uses Glock sights, so after I decide to carry it, will probably add on some Tru-Glo TFO to it. Trigger measured at about 5.75lbs pull. I will probably order the 13 round mag extension and spring from Taurus and a pinky grip for the other mag in the next few days. I think I am going to try the small backstrap first and then maybe try out the larger one after I shoot it to see which one I like better.
View attachment 1107840View attachment 1107841
Rosewood
Put about 80 rnds thru it today. Fmj and gold dots. Didn't miss a beat. Wore out the steel plate at 15 yards. I like it. It may be added to the edc rotation soon. I think Taurus hit a home run with this one

Rosewood

Dub

Put about 80 rnds thru it today. Fmj and gold dots. Didn't miss a beat. Wore out the steel plate at 15 yards. I like it. It may be added to the edc rotation soon. I think Taurus hit a home run with this one

Rosewood

Sounds very encouraging.

15 yrds is a serious poke with a pile of sights & triggers, especially on the smaller guns.

That gun looks like it puts your hand in a super position and probably handles well above it's weight class. (y)

Can't go wrong with Gold Dots.

Is that one of the guns made in their new Georgia facility ?

Traded for it a few weeks ago, new model Blackhawk 45 colt, named it Big John,he was a friend of mine that passed several years ago. He bought it new in 1976. Got two different loads loaded for it today. 300gr xtp 18gr 2400. 275gr hunter supply flat point 19.6gr TCMView attachment 1108039

Awesome 6-gun. I'll bet the trigger on that one feels perfect.

What a great way to remember your buddy, too.

Looks like you have some great hunting loads ready. Honoring him with a kill will be mighty satisfying for you. (y)

bullgator

Rosewood
It really seems Taurus has upped their game since moving to Georgia.

rosewood

I think my plate is about 14x16. I was quite happy with ringing it at that distance. I bet I didn't miss 5 times and I wasn't taking my time.

Frame says made in Brazil, taurus firearms Bainbridge ga. I can tell you whoever wrote the manual was English 1st american, had a bit of in your face sarcasm in the manual, 1st time I have seen that.

The serial number starts as 1GA....

952021224340.jpg
952021224655.jpg

Last edited:

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Some of you guys asked me to post pictures of this rifle in its final form. I got the VX-6HD, Seekins rings, and rail Cerekoted.
I am pleased with the results. Here it is, I have yet to shoot this rifle, but bought some 150 Winchester today (I can’t stand it, and gotta shoot this rifle soon). I plan to shoot something heavier as this rifle is purchased for a bucket list WY Elk Hunt. I am so pumped!CD14719E-31EF-42AE-8C28-D3A62FA0B229.jpegD7A74464-2D29-43FE-886F-3F9769FAD4AC.jpeg

JR924

New Gun bought 2 weeks ago. Wanted to dress it first before I showed my baby.
Sauer 100 Classic 8x57, Talley mount and rings, Burris Signature 2x10 scope and Nohma Amish Handmade Sling. A budget rifle setup for elk hunt in Colarado in 2023.

I like that BLR 308 rifle in previous post.

Attachments

• new gun.jpg
    new gun.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Sauer 100 Classic 8x57, Talley mount and rings, Burris Signature 2x10 scope and Nohma Amish Handmade Sling. A budget rifle setup for elk.

I can’t see the picture… sounds great. Where is your elk hunt?

Dub

Sauer 100 Classic 8x57, Talley mount and rings, Burris Signature 2x10 scope and Nohma Amish Handmade Sling. A budget rifle setup for elk hunt in Colarado in 2023.

Is that high mount comfortable for you ?

Does it line up for you from the different shooting positions
you'll find yourself in ?

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry

I am waiting for a WY draw for elk next year. And am so excited.

JR924

Dub, From a standing and bench position, the fit was good. Did not check other shooting positions. The Burris scope tube is so short that I had to cut off part of the Talley ramp to fit with medium Talley Rings??????. Before that the 2 piece Talley combined scope and rings were almost on the objective and eye piece so I sent those back plus the low rings did not provide enough clearance. No room even with the present one piece Talley Ramp and medium rings to adjust the eye relief much. I would need high rings to do that which does not make any sense to me for a 40 mm objective. Should have probably gone to a gun store to get a proper setup but sidelined due to hip surgery. Wife will not drive me due to COVID and gun store too far to limp too

Harry045, good luck on your elk hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.