Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I missed the 657 I looked at...didn't want to spend $1,600 on it either...glad he beat me to it.

On a side note...I did get a handle on a Browning High Power that has been a Safe Queen for the past 40 years....all this talk y'all doin is going to set me back a little.

Last edited:

Duff

what are you looking for..I'll keep an eye out

Sorry jester, didn’t see your post. What do you suggest. I’ve got a couple boxes of 130 Winchester ballistic silver tips. I love those in the 25-06. Not sure about this caliber.

I found some 130 Norma. I believe they were ballistics as well

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Sorry jester, didn’t see your post. What do you suggest. I’ve got a couple boxes of 130 Winchester ballistic silver tips. I love those in the 25-06. Not sure about this caliber.

I found some 130 Norma. I believe they were ballistics as well
I used the 130 Ballistic Silver Tips ripping out of a 270WSM and was quite impressed at how well they held together inside 100yds on deer. I thought they would explode. I did keep them away from major bones but never recovered one on broadside shots.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have a box of the Winchester 150gr Silver Tips laying around somewhere. Mine shoots the 140 Accubond and GameKing pretty good. It is a Browning M-1000. The 130s I tried were a little erratic for me...I have some Barnes 130TSX I might try to see how they do.

I also have about 50 loaded of the Silver Tips in 130gr loaded in .270Win that needs to be pulled down with bad Remington primers I was going to reload in the nickel .270 Win I have for my other .270s to see how they do.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I have a box of the 150gr Silver Tips laying around somewhere. Mine shoots the 140 Accubond and GameKing pretty good. It is a Browning M-1000. The 130s I tried were a little erratic for me...I have some Barnes 130TSX I might try to see how they do.

I also have about 50 loaded of the Silver Tips in 130gr loaded in .270Win that needs to be pulled down with bad Remington primers I was going to reload in the nickel .270 Win I have for my other .270s to see how they do.
If nothing else they will look wicked in the nickel cases.

Dub

Yes....I did indeed buy a gun today.

Swung by my local gun shop and paid for the SA-35. No telling when it'll actually arrive. They ordered them direct from Springfield on "day 1".

Had some overtime funds and it seemed like a worthy place to spend them.

Great local, shop, too. Super people.

I didn't buy a gun, but I did replace the grips on this old finger-buster.
Have not tried it out yet.

View attachment 1113557

Yes sir. I've been bitten by that same trigger guard.

They look really cool....but can wake you up quicklike when they sting you.

Good job on finding grips that prevent it.

rosewood

My name is Rosewood and I am an addict.
1062021194140.jpg

Went to gunshow today, most prices were ridiculous, higher than what you can find at LGS right now.

However I did find a LB of TCM powder for my brother's new rock island 22tcm. And found this little CVA gem in 44mag for $300 out door. I couldn't help myself, he just followed me home

Dub

My name is Rosewood and I am an addict.
View attachment 1114969

Went to gunshow today, most prices were ridiculous, higher than what you can find at LGS right now.

However I did find a LB of TCM powder for my brother's new rock island 22tcm. And found this little CVA gem in 44mag for $300 out door. I couldn't help myself, he just followed me home

THat .44 mag will br a sweet shooter. (y)(y)

If your brother needs more powder....Hogdgon is selling it direct in both the 1lb and 5lb jugs.......in stock today.

https://shop.hodgdon.com/accurate/accurate-tcmr

TCM__44443.1626272454.1280.1280.png

rosewood

Throw a red dot on that and it could be fun. I like it.
Gonna start with scope to verify accuracy and test loads, will then probably go with either red dot or the bushnell 1-4 scope.

rosewood

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Thanks!! I actually got the tcm for less than they are selling it for.:) The lb will last awhile. He still has to make some once fired brass for me to reload...

I'll bet that little fireballer is gonna be fun to shoot.

Heck...it's like a mini-AR15 in Glock size. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.