Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimrod71

I knew people were buying guns from the FBI report I read, but I did not witness it until yesterday. I haven't been at work, a local gun shop, since Feb. When I went in at 9 three people were there to buy guns. I sold more guns yesterday than I did in the Christmas season. I was waiting on 2 to 3 people at the time and we have 4 more salesmen. Several just ask my recommendations and then bought. All of the cheap 40, 223/556, 7.62x39, 300 BLK are out. What is happening. The FBI report as best I can remember stated there were like 2.6 million weapon checks in March and 1.2 million in April. If 20% were not sold that is still a lot of guns. When will we get enough guns and ammo?

Reactions: Dub

normaldave

GON Weatherman
My LGS reports running low/out daily on ammo and weapons. A pace I have not seen going back to ~ 2008 election. Even though they are a small shop, they have very effective buying power, and supply chain sourcing.

Browsing online stock at my usual stores, even for unpopular models recently are almost constantly out of stock. It's a lot like the hand soap shortage. Did nobody wash their hands before this crisis? Did this many people not have a weapon?

ChidJ

I think in MAR APR MAY they’ve processed over 10 million background checks. It’s crazy I buy guns and gun related stuff pretty regularly/consistently but I’m having a hard time finding pretty much anything these days. I listened to a podcast with an LA gun shop owner and he says he’s got a line backed around the building of anti gunners to buy whatever they’ve got on the shelf.... and then they get mad when they realize they have to wait 10 days to take it home haha

SC Hunter

We bought 1 the other day but a gun in our house is nothing new. We buy one about every 4 to 6 months usually. If police departments are dissolved I'm moving to Montana finding somewhere miles from anybody else. I won't be anywhere near a population of any kind if i can help it.

bullgator

We bought 1 the other day but a gun in our house is nothing new. We buy one about every 4 to 6 months usually. If police departments are dissolved I'm moving to Montana finding somewhere miles from anybody else. I won't be anywhere near a population of any kind if i can help it.
Montanans must love hearing that. :bounce:
Kinda like us seeing the next wave of New Yorkers coming down.

SC Hunter

@bullgator I'll be much more useful than most yankee's coming here. I'll be living in big sky country with South Georgia small town mindset and skill sets.

bullgator

@bullgator I'll be much more useful than most yankee's coming here. I'll be living in big sky country with South Georgia small town mindset and skill sets.
? still have to go through the process of being accepted.

Dub

Last guns I bought were two right at the beginning of covid19 madness and two more were ordered during the covid19 furlough from work.

First was a Ruger AR-556 pistola.
https://ruger.com/products/ar556Pistol/specSheets/8570.html
Collapsible into a 26" backpack for road trips. The term road trips these days means virtually any time my vehicle leaves the driveway. :rofl:

VZ Grips package arrived last week with handrail covers (sucker will get hawt) and a ultra-grippy grip, that can also be used to debark trees if the need ever arose.

Already have an Aimpoint for it...the popup backup sights should be arriving this week.

Second was a Wilson Combat Beretta M92 Brigadier Tactical. Mounted a rechargeable weapon light on it and it's doing just fine as range toy & nightstand gun. My bride likes it so much that a similar WC Vertec Centurion model is now wanted, too....for her nightstand.

Sucker handles like a dream and gobbles up any ammo I've run though it like a hongry yard dog.

Third was a Wilson Combat EDC X9. Been waiting a couple months on the build. Tucker Gunleather made one of their HF-1 OWB holsters & magazine carriers for it. Coming with the pistol will be a few 15rd & 18rd magazines. Figured that I'm smitten with carrying commander sized gats already....so an ultra-reliable and ultra-accurate 15+1 version with and 18rd spare made a pile of sense.

Fourth was a Les Baer UTC with a few customizations. Been waiting a while on the build. Hoping to get it in hand in a few weeks. Milt Sparks made a Summer Special II for it. Their SS2 is about my favoritist of favorite conceal holsters. Gun rides low enough to conceal with an untucked t-shirt and high enough to provide a full grip. Can be comfortable worn from one o'clock to five o'clock and forget it's there.....even on the gubmint sized 1911's.

So, no....didn't buy any guns today....but I have recently provided my financial support to three companies that have my respect.

It's the first time I've bought this many consecutive guns that had no application for hunting. They simply have one function.....homefront security.

bullgator

Last guns I bought were two right at the beginning of covid19 madness and two more were ordered during the covid19 furlough from work.

First was a Ruger AR-556 pistola.
https://ruger.com/products/ar556Pistol/specSheets/8570.html
Collapsible into a 26" backpack for road trips. The term road trips these days means virtually any time my vehicle leaves the driveway. :rofl:

VZ Grips package arrived last week with handrail covers (sucker will get hawt) and a ultra-grippy grip, that can also be used to debark trees if the need ever arose.

Already have an Aimpoint for it...the popup backup sights should be arriving this week.

Second was a Wilson Combat Beretta M92 Brigadier Tactical. Mounted a rechargeable weapon light on it and it's doing just fine as range toy & nightstand gun. My bride likes it so much that a similar WC Vertec Centurion model is now wanted, too....for her nightstand.

Sucker handles like a dream and gobbles up any ammo I've run though it like a hongry yard dog.

Third was a Wilson Combat EDC X9. Been waiting a couple months on the build. Tucker Gunleather made one of their HF-1 OWB holsters & magazine carriers for it. Coming with the pistol will be a few 15rd & 18rd magazines. Figured that I'm smitten with carrying commander sized gats already....so an ultra-reliable and ultra-accurate 15+1 version with and 18rd spare made a pile of sense.

Fourth was a Les Baer UTC with a few customizations. Been waiting a while on the build. Hoping to get it in hand in a few weeks. Milt Sparks made a Summer Special II for it. Their SS2 is about my favoritist of favorite conceal holsters. Gun rides low enough to conceal with an untucked t-shirt and high enough to provide a full grip. Can be comfortable worn from one o'clock to five o'clock and forget it's there.....even on the gubmint sized 1911's.

So, no....didn't buy any guns today....but I have recently provided my financial support to three companies that have my respect.

It's the first time I've bought this many consecutive guns that had no application for hunting. They simply have one function.....homefront security.
Well, nobody can say you don’t have good tastes.

bullgator

I almost picked up one of those Ruger Wranglers today. I left the range and ran by a gun shop I hadn’t been to in a couple of years to say hi to the owner. They had one for as good as any interweb price. I had to fight the urge for an impulse buy.

bullgator

Son is a fan of my CZ-75.
He picked up this beauty a couple days ago. About 50 bucks below MSRP.
I might offer a trade...

View attachment 1021175
Everything CZ makes are solid shooters for sure. I have CZ rifles but no handguns......unless you count my Dan Wesson Valor 10mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.