Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub

Looks nice Dub.

Thank you. Hoping to get a range trip and send a couple hundred rounds through it as soon as schedule allows.

EDIT: made it to the range with the UTC. She does her job when I do mine.

200 rds so far and only bobble was failure to lock slide on empty mag (one of the new LB mags). Didn’t repeat with further use of same mag.

Last edited:

Mexican Squealer

I've really got to stop going to Barrows.... little brother called me yesterday and asked if I was off he was going to Barrow's. Off we go. I had no plans of buying anything other than maybe some ammo. Came home with a keltec cmr30 that is going to be a truck bookbag gun as soon as I get a few more magazines in. We shot it yesterday and with the flip up sights it's easy accurate enough to make people keep their heads down over 100 yards away if things ever get rough around here.

Ha...love that place. It’s about 4 miles from one of my Taylor county places. No telling how many guns I’ve bought in there!

Reactions: Dub

SC Hunter

Ha...love that place. It’s about 4 miles from one of my Taylor county places. No telling how many guns I’ve bought in there!
Its about 20 minutes from my front door to their front door. That's if I do 65 on hwy 19. I've bought my fair share of guns there also, I particularly like the used rack and finding a decent deal on a gun. I'm thinking about going up there and getting a suppressor soon. I want a 22 suppressor something fierce.

Nimrod71

That 629 is a fine handgun. I have always liked 44's. There is something about a Smith 44 that makes me feel warm and fuzzy, and you know one shot will do it.

Stroker

Can't wait to shoot it myself. Ordered 200 rounds each of 180, 200, and 240 grain today to see what it likes. Got some 240's at the house I'll try out this afternoon. I have dry fired it a few times.Out of the box the S &W trigger is leaps and bounds ahead of my Anaconda's trigger. Definitely going to put some lead down range this PM.

Madman

People want to be prepared when they dissolve the PD’s. Could you imagine a city of any size WO police? Dodge City

Don't have to imagine.
minneapolis-police-precinct-burned-branden-wolfe-.jpg

https://stmedia.stimg.co/minneapolis-police-precinct-burned-branden-wolfe-.jpg?w=1200&h=630

killerv

stopped by lgs yesterday and they brought out a 29-3 to show me. Gorgeous gun. Bluing was in great shape and had some of the prettiest wood factory grips I've ever seen on a smith. I would have loved to have had it but I have a 6in 629.

I did walk out with a 4in smith 34-1. Been wanting a kit gun for awhile.

SC Hunter

Got a guy coming to meet me at work shortly to sell him a Walther P22 I haven't shot in years and probably buying another pistol in 9mm variety from Barrows Thursday if I find something that strikes my fancy. Maybe an XD or something.

Dub

Got a guy coming to meet me at work shortly to sell him a Walther P22 I haven't shot in years and probably buying another pistol in 9mm variety from Barrows Thursday if I find something that strikes my fancy. Maybe an XD or something.

I’ve become a fan of the 9’s over the past couple years.

Waiting on my next to arrive at my FFL tomorrow.....according to the tracking data. A carry gun in 9mm.

Pretty big step for me as in the past I’d generally only carry a 45.

SC Hunter

I’ve become a fan of the 9’s over the past couple years.

Waiting on my next to arrive at my FFL tomorrow.....according to the tracking data. A carry gun in 9mm.

Pretty big step for me as in the past I’d generally only carry a 45.
My dad was a 45 guy for forever until he bought a shield now that's all he will carry and has since bought a few more 9mm's. I like more ammo in the magazine just in case I need it. ?

Dub

My dad was a 45 guy for forever until he bought a shield now that's all he will carry and has since bought a few more 9mm's. I like more ammo in the magazine just in case I need it. ?

More rounds onboard sounds like a good plan....especially as things decline in our society. I don't want to run out of bullets before a threat is stopped.

My nightstand gun has been changed to a high capacity weapon. Similar change being made with my carry gun.

Dub

Awesome timing on the new holster arriving yesterday.

Today....something to carry in it arrived at my FFL.

I was in hot pursuit when the UPS app awared me of it's delivery....

Feels great in my paw with either the 15rd or 18rd magazines.

Trigger breaks sweetly.

Went with flat trigger on this one....the longer length combined with the larger backstrap piece really fits my paw nicely.

Will be loading up the magazines in a few minutes and get my range bag ready for a morning trip tomorrow.

I like the sights already.....rear is adj, yet snag-free. Front is currently gold bead, but it also came with a green fiber optic if I decide to swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.