Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
When I picked up my Tikka Hunter, my Son saw a Tikka T3x Lite Roughtech 6.5 CM that was already sold and waiting to be picked up.
He ordered one on the spot.
It arrived on Monday and I didn't get a chance to set it up for him until today.
I took it apart and degreased everything, mounted Leupold bases, rings and a 4-12x40 Rifleman on it for him and gave it some Weapon Shield in all the right places.
20200923_202945.jpg

pacecars

I got a call today from Bill Goodman that my Shiloh Sharps Business Rifle is in! Sending the final payment and FFL in the morning! Life is good

bullgator

I don’t know if it counts, but I helped a friend buy his first two firearms today. He and his wife are worried about all this craziness heading into the election and asked me to help him since he has no clue about brands. In the process I discovered a good and honest gun shop that doesn’t price gouge.
My buddy bought a Sig p320 C carry for $539 and an m&P 15 with Crimson Trace for $749, both fair prices.

Dub

When I picked up my Tikka Hunter, my Son saw a Tikka T3x Lite Roughtech 6.5 CM that was already sold and waiting to be picked up.
He ordered one on the spot.
It arrived on Monday and I didn't get a chance to set it up for him until today.
I took it apart and degreased everything, mounted Leupold bases, rings and a 4-12x40 Rifleman on it for him and gave it some Weapon Shield in all the right places.
View attachment 1040382

Might sharp looking !!!

I don’t know if it counts, but I helped a friend buy his first two firearms today. He and his wife are worried about all this craziness heading into the election and asked me to help him since he has no clue about brands. In the process I discovered a good and honest gun shop that doesn’t price gouge.
My buddy bought a Sig p320 C carry for $539 and an m&P 15 with Crimson Trace for $749, both fair prices.

Well done sir.

You did well by them and they lgs did well, too.

spkoli

Ohhhhh...please give a range report, I've been kinda eyeing them in the back of my mind...might hafta put one on my hit list. I've got the PMR30 already so it's a shoe in. I'd like to know if they're as accurate as the PMR and function the same. Mind you I have the gen 2 PMR. My BIL has the gen 1 and can be a little finicky with ammo and mag loading.

It's a pretty fun gun to shoot. Finally got to the range yesterday with it. My only issue is it jams pretty easy.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I kinda sort bought one today....someone wanted my 43 EDC worse than I did...think I will move up to the 43X in its place.

Reactions: Dub

rosewood

I picked up a P16-40 last week for a cool price of $319 plus tax. Kind in rough shape, finish wore off, rust inside and out. Completely disassembled. Got it cleaned up and it looks structurally sound. Gotta go and shoot it. Then debate on whether I want to spend money refinishing it. Been researching cerakote and I can pull it off myself.

Then the question is, do I make it a 10mm like my other P16-40 or do I stick with 40, go .357 sig or maybe 9x25 Dillon. Decisions, decisions...

Lots of options with a 1911 platform.

Rosewood

rosewood

Found a nice Savage 340 in 30/30 today. 2 mags.
I am anxious to work up a 130gr Hornady SP load for it once I get it all cleaned up.
View attachment 1042199
I picked that one up last year. Mine says Springfield model 840. Wanted to load up some Spire points in it but the mag is too short to make that useful. Ended up loading 130 grain Speer FNSP using LVR powder. Getting 2700 FPS out of that thing.

Mine came with the scope and was getting about 1 MOA with it. Once I found the load, I took the scope off and went with irons. Found the Williams fiber optic sights for the Marlin 60 will fit on the Savage. Had to file down the bottom of the back site to get it on target though. It was shooting way high. I like it with the fiber optic sights. Great for close up work.

Rosewood

Dub

I picked up a P16-40 last week for a cool price of $319 plus tax. Kind in rough shape, finish wore off, rust inside and out. Completely disassembled. Got it cleaned up and it looks structurally sound. Gotta go and shoot it. Then debate on whether I want to spend money refinishing it. Been researching cerakote and I can pull it off myself.

Then the question is, do I make it a 10mm like my other P16-40 or do I stick with 40, go .357 sig or maybe 9x25 Dillon. Decisions, decisions...

Lots of options with a 1911 platform.

Rosewood

This, good sir....is a very nice dilemma to have....which cartridge ????

Good to know the bones are solid. Lots of finish options out there. We used to have a nice certakote shop in town....but he didn't make it...was really hoping he would. They did great work. That being said...there may be a good shop near you......or good ole Brownells sells some gun coating rattle can & bake stuff that will likely work well, too.

Super options on the chambering.

Hopefully the factory barrel will be in good shape....would be nice to have a .40 s&w on hand for when ammo sells get wonky...seems there is usually some .40 around.

10mm sure is fun....and capable. Could make a good woods pistola....hogs, deer and yotes wouldn't like you...at all.

.357 Sig is a screamer. Maybe a bit more brass prep...but what's not fun about launching 130gr head at 1,500 fps +.

If you can find a 9x25 Dillon barrel you'd be ready to have some big fun, too. Dillon still lists the dies. Screamer that would be a hoot.

rosewood

This, good sir....is a very nice dilemma to have....which cartridge ????

Good to know the bones are solid. Lots of finish options out there. We used to have a nice certakote shop in town....but he didn't make it...was really hoping he would. They did great work. That being said...there may be a good shop near you......or good ole Brownells sells some gun coating rattle can & bake stuff that will likely work well, too.

Super options on the chambering.

Hopefully the factory barrel will be in good shape....would be nice to have a .40 s&w on hand for when ammo sells get wonky...seems there is usually some .40 around.

10mm sure is fun....and capable. Could make a good woods pistola....hogs, deer and yotes wouldn't like you...at all.

.357 Sig is a screamer. Maybe a bit more brass prep...but what's not fun about launching 130gr head at 1,500 fps +.

If you can find a 9x25 Dillon barrel you'd be ready to have some big fun, too. Dillon still lists the dies. Screamer that would be a hoot.

I have been toting the p16-40 with 10mm barrel for maybe 15 years or more in the woods. Still have the 40 barrel for it. I have a reamer now and can just ream out the 40 on the "new" gun to 10mm if I elect to go that route.

Will probably be awhile before I decide. Been spending too much money on toys lately and need to pace myself...

Rosewood

Nimrod71

Christmas is coming and I am getting the hots for a 10 mm auto. I have been reading a lot about them and I have wanted one ever since they came out. I like big guns. I just finished shooting fifty 44 mags in my T/C with 14 inch barrel. My hands hurt, but it feels good. I like have the power in my hands. You never know what you are going to run up on in the woods, or who may come to your door. I think one 10 mm shot would equal five 9's. Heck, I think I'll head to the LGS in the morning. Good Idea.

Dub

I have been toting the p16-40 with 10mm barrel for maybe 15 years or more in the woods. Still have the 40 barrel for it. I have a reamer now and can just ream out the 40 on the "new" gun to 10mm if I elect to go that route.

Will probably be awhile before I decide. Been spending too much money on toys lately and need to pace myself...

Rosewood

Understood on the slowing the roll.

I've been kicking around the idea of another rifle...that will need a scope. Getting into the longer range plinkstering is not an endeavor my wallet can handle. But if I'm going with an AR style can't help but feel sooner is better than later due to pending legislation. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. The cost of it will have me shying away for a while.

When sorting brass I ran across a 9x25 Dillon case.

I'll bet those are hugely fun.

Beside a 10mm case.

Underwood headstamp....figured I'd look to see what they offered for carry-hunting ammo:

https://www.underwoodammo.com/collections/handgun-ammo/cartridge_9x25mm-dillon

124gr XTP at 1,700 fps.........cookin'!!!!!!

I could only imagine the fun a handloader could have. (y)

Christmas is coming and I am getting the hots for a 10 mm auto. I have been reading a lot about them and I have wanted one ever since they came out. I like big guns. I just finished shooting fifty 44 mags in my T/C with 14 inch barrel. My hands hurt, but it feels good. I like have the power in my hands. You never know what you are going to run up on in the woods, or who may come to your door. I think one 10 mm shot would equal five 9's. Heck, I think I'll head to the LGS in the morning. Good Idea.

I really don't find the 10mm to be a harsh shooter. The G20 I had several years ago ate everything with supreme ease and sloughed off recoil nicely.

Fast forward a dozen years to present and I find the 1911 platform to make a smooth shooting 10mm pistola. Thus far I've been running factory springs in mine and factory ammo. Granted, much of the 10mm ammo out there is throttled way back...simply .40S&W-level.

Sig makes some fmj range stuff in 180gr at 1,250fps or so. Hornady 180gr XTP ammo is right in there, too....a bit warmer, maybe. Both are very easy shooting rounds. I don't understand how 10mm earned the reputation as a harsh recoiler....it simply isn't.
I'm hoping to work up a tad hotter than that for hunting ammo.

Good luck on your search. Maybe you'll luck into some ammo for it while you are shopping.....get all you can.

Nimrod71

Ordered a Glock 30 this morning. I can't wait to get it. I need it to carry to the woods, you never know what you may walk up on, or what may walk up on you or me.

Dub

Ordered a Glock 30 this morning. I can't wait to get it. I need it to carry to the woods, you never know what you may walk up on, or what may walk up on you or me.

G30 makes for a really nice carry weapon during archery season and you are walking out of the woods to your truck parked along the roadside.....and find 2 guys waiting there for you....guys you've never seen in your life....guys that were instantly making nervous talk with you as you dropped your tailgate and putting your bow down and storing the climber.....they shut up when you take your mesh skeeter shirt off and they see the pistol on your hip......didn't take long for them to be on their way in their barely running car.

Was hunting public land when the above occurred.

Figured the dirt road in the WMA was far enough off the beaten path that only hunters or DNR officers would come by. Never figured random meth-heads would be casing my truck....and waiting for an archery hunter.

Not much at all in those woods was a threat....far enough inland to be outa the swampy part...no gators to worry about. The occasional hogs possibly. Never really figured the biggest threat in the woods was....and usually always is....the human kind.

G30 is a handy little package and is chambered in my favorite non-magnum round.

Status
Not open for further replies.