Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub

@Dub I got a bucket of .308 brass if you need to load some...you can look through these Hubble Telescopes I have... while your here to see which one you want to bolt onto yours

I certainly appreciate your offer and may well take you up on a road trip. (y)

#HubbleWide days ahead. :)

I'm wanting to also go HubbleWide on an '06 bolt gun that's been begging to come outa the safe and get some glass on it.

Gotta get some OT shifts under my belt for gun funds.

transfixer

Very nice rig ! @Dub , I've resisted getting an AR in .308 so far, but may very well have to include one in the near future , I've just about covered all the calibers in the 15 platform that I want, except the 450bm, and given the ammo situation and coming political climate , I may bypass that one for now. I do have plenty of .308 brass though and have been loading for those for years, I just wish a lightweight profile barrel in .308 was more popular, everything seems to be heavy profile, making them approach 10lbs overall.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Very nice rig ! @Dub , I've resisted getting an AR in .308 so far, but may very well have to include one in the near future , I've just about covered all the calibers in the 15 platform that I want, except the 450bm, and given the ammo situation and coming political climate , I may bypass that one for now. I do have plenty of .308 brass though and have been loading for those for years, I just wish a lightweight profile barrel in .308 was more popular, everything seems to be heavy profile, making them approach 10lbs overall.

Thanks. A slimmer & lighter .308 was what I was hoping for. It’ll get some woods use as well as range fun.

A hair over 8 lbs.

Sounds odd perhaps, but a heavier .223/5.56 is what I’m looking for next. It’ll be range only.

E10BABC2-7FAD-42EA-8D1A-B31AC6C39675.jpeg

Jester896

Senior Clown
Sounds odd perhaps, but a heavier .223/5.56 is what I’m looking for next.

the one I hunted with the one time I went last year...has a Recon profile barrel in it. It isn't as heavy as an HBAR but much heavier then spec profile. It is what is in the DMR type rifles usually.

Dub

the one I hunted with the one time I went last year...has a Recon profile barrel in it. It isn't as heavy as an HBAR but much heavier then spec profile. It is what is in the DMR type rifles usually.

Sounds good. I’m looking at .233 Wylde chambering.....18” or maybe 20” bull barrel.

Wanted something fun for plinking at distance.

Hubble on top.

I have a lighter and easy handling AR15 pistola for short range plinkering.

The things are mighty fun. It took the thought of “Beto coming for them” to get me motivated to add a couple. :rofl:

Jester896

Senior Clown
Mine is 18"...think I have made it to 400 before I had to stop...wanted to run it out to 600. I have a Compass Lake with their CLE match chamber. If you didn't do a good job deburring the outside of the neck...it might not chamber...kind tight up in dhere

ChidJ

Bought a bit ago but picked up the elusive Smith and Wesson 360SC Kit Gun yesterday. Now I just need the 327 Miculek edition to complete my collection of Scandium/Titanium S&W revolvers!

Also, @Dub I see you are a man of taste. For a heavier barreled 5.56 option that is a little different, might I suggest a look at the Robinson Armament XCR-L

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
After almost a 3 week hold up I was able to finally bring this home.
Savage 110 Wolverine. 450bushmaster.
I have a Nikon 3-12x42 that I have to mount tonight. Range time tomorrow.
20201119_200514.jpg20201119_200852.jpg

SC Hunter

Loaded up my wife and we swung by and picked up my brother and dad and took a short drive to Butler. We went and had lunch at Justin's Place which I highly recommend if your ever up in Butler. After lunch we stopped by Barrow's and visited for a little while. I always enjoy going in there and seeing the family. I picked up my youngest stepson a Christmas present, a Savage Mark 2 FV. 22 long rifle with a 21 inch heavy barrel that I'm going to have my machinist brother cut down to 16 inches more than likely. I bought some 17 ammo and a few boxes of deer rifle ammo to stick back in the safe. Wife wrapped the gun this morning and put it under the tree. He is showing alot of interest in hunting so by gosh we are going to have him a few guns to learn and love on. I get emotional watching the kid so eager to learn about the woods and animals and guns.

There was a big crowd there as was expected and alot of guns and ammo were being bought.

zedex

Gator Bait
I went to cabelas and picked up a GSG-16 and a few boxes of 525ct 22lr and 2 boxes of 270win.

Sold my Winchester 12ga to my ex-wife's boyfriend and will use that money to get a few 110 round drum mags for the GSG-16.

My ex also went to cabelas to get a Savage Model 42, and she bought up all the 16ga and 410 ammo they had plus a few boxes of 22 (525ct).

May end up selling my SKS to her. When time to leave here, I cant take it with me to the states, so no point keeping it.

nmurph

Yep...picked up a Sig 365XL. I've handled just about every gun in the last couple of weeks trying to find what fit me best. Without a doubt, this is the one. I like to close my eyes and point the pistol, then open them and see how well my eyes align with the sights. Besides fitting my hand perfectly, it fell into the sight picture better than anything else I tried. I'm excited...gotta find something to feed it.

pacecars

Oh well did it again. It is a sickness I tell you. I just made a deal for a Gary Reeder Ultimate .410 GNR with a Leupold 4x scope on it. Always wanted to try one of his guns. Should be fun to try our. For those not familiar with it, the .410 GNR is a .454 Casull necked down to .41

Last edited:

Nimrod71

Interesting round there Pace. I have never heard of them before. Let us know how it shoots. I know you will be loading your own and you are lucky there for that is the only handgun bullets available, 41 cal.

rosewood

Oh well did it again. It is a sickness I tell you. I just made a deal for a Gary Reeder Ultimate .410 GNR with a Leupold 4x scope on it. Always wanted to try one of his guns. Should be fun to try our. For those not familiar with it, the .410 GNR is a .454 Casull necked down to .41
Well, I learned something new today.

Status
Not open for further replies.