Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I bought one yesterday. Another .17 heavy barrel from a guy I know that bought it and has never shot it. I gave him $125 for it and now have 3 .17's ?? I walked in the house this morning with it and my wife looked at me and laughed and said I was ridiculous and went and made coffee. ??
That's almost a high five,good enough.

SC Hunter

That's almost a high five,good enough.
She's about 95% trained up. She still gets snippy occasionally but she is a good girl. ?? she would stab with with a spork if she saw that! She is used to it though seriously. She know's turkey and deer season I'm going to hunt a good bit and I'll occasionally bring new guns home but just about anything she wants we make it happen. We do pretty good together.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
She's about 95% trained up. She still gets snippy occasionally but she is a good girl. ?? she would stab with with a spork if she saw that! She is used to it though seriously. She know's turkey and deer season I'm going to hunt a good bit and I'll occasionally bring new guns home but just about anything she wants we make it happen. We do pretty good together.
Glad y'all got a good thing going on.

Nimrod71

Jester it looks like gun sales are slowing a little in our area. But they are higher than is past normal years. Demorats are a driving force in the gun and ammo business. When they start talking of their plans to stop AR / Ak sales and magazines capacity regulations I expect gun and ammo sales will go through the roof.

rosewood

Picked up a 10/22 last week from Academy. It had came in on the truck that AM. Came with a Viridian 3-9x40 scope. Wood stock. Hard case with Ruger stamped on it. Wanted to go shoot this weekend, but was too rainy for my taste. $329.99 - 5% Academy credit card discount. More than I wanted to pay, but a good deal in the current market and the only one I could find locally like I wanted.

I looked at a 15-22, but the receiver was plastic which I didn't like. Also, I figure the 10/22 will have a better chance of surviving any of Biden's executive orders than one that looks like an "assault rifle".

Rosewood

bullgator

Picked up a 10/22 last week from Academy. It had came in on the truck that AM. Came with a Viridian 3-9x40 scope. Wood stock. Hard case with Ruger stamped on it. Wanted to go shoot this weekend, but was too rainy for my taste. $329.99 - 5% Academy credit card discount. More than I wanted to pay, but a good deal in the current market and the only one I could find locally like I wanted.

I looked at a 15-22, but the receiver was plastic which I didn't like. Also, I figure the 10/22 will have a better chance of surviving any of Biden's executive orders than one that looks like an "assault rifle".

Rosewood
I never got into the tactical .22s. To me a .22?should be light and sleek, not anymore bulky or weigh more than necessary. That 10/22 with a 25 round mag will be just as tactical as any .22 and have tons of aftermarket support.

rosewood

I never got into the tactical .22s. To me a .22?should be light and sleek, not anymore bulky or weigh more than necessary. That 10/22 with a 25 round mag will be just as tactical as any .22 and have tons of aftermarket support.
I never cared for the 10/22 myself. I have had a Marlin 60 since I was about 14 or so and could always hit about anything with it when my eyes were still young. When I shot someone else's 10/22 I hated the sites and didn't like the feel. However, being you can get 25+ rounds mags for it and you are limited with the Marlin, I figured now would be a good time to invest in the Ruger. I may leave the scope on it or go with a red dot, so the sites will be a moot point.

Rosewood

bullgator

I never cared for the 10/22 myself. I have had a Marlin 60 since I was about 14 or so and could always hit about anything with it when my eyes were still young. When I shot someone else's 10/22 I hated the sites and didn't like the feel. However, being you can get 25+ rounds mags for it and you are limited with the Marlin, I figured now would be a good time to invest in the Ruger. I may leave the scope on it or go with a red dot, so the sites will be a moot point.

Rosewood
I was never a 10/22 fan myself. They aren’t nearly as accurate out of the box as a Marlin or many other semi-auto .22s. They are field accurate and have aftermarket parts that let you turn them into some pretty good shooters. There used to be a guy on rimfirecentral.com that would set the barrel back and recut the chamber for a really fair price. He did one for me and it went from a 1.25” @ 50 to a .75” gun. The replacement trigger Ruger sells is a very worthwhile upgrade at a reasonable cost.

killerv

good luck finding a ruger drop in for 50 these days, I've seen bx's bring well over 100 bucks recently. Heck, I just sold a metal trigger group for 170 on ebay. Crazy.

One word for the 10/22....kidd

rosewood

Not a huge fan of them myself. Bought the 50yr anniversary edition, gave it to my son, then inherited another just like it when my dad died. He liked mine so much when I bought it he ran out and bought one too. They both have the fiber optic sights which to me are far superior to the standard irons. I believe Williams sells an aftermarket version too. A quick drop-in trigger replacement like bullgator mentioned is well worth the $50. As for the mags, if you really want to pack it full of rounds check out the GSG 110 rd drum if you can find one.
I ordered a couple of the BX-25 mags from Brownells. I think it was like $43+tax for the pair. Will leave the trigger alone until I shoot it and determine if it is a problem for me or not. I bought it more for plinking and emergencies than bullseye shooting. Will have to see.

Rosewood

NWS

Rosewood
Here is the 10/22 that I love. The Deluxe Sporter Carbine with the Fingergroove Stock. These were a limited run by Ruger only for a few years in the late 1960’s early 70. 497E3186-C5EB-4C8B-B69A-F65A08A557A5.jpeg

rosewood

Dang, you guys trying to spend my money for me.....

rosewood

SC Hunter

I bought a ruger 10-22 several years ago and then bought a hogue stock for it off a guy here on the swap and shop as a ruger 10-22 stock with thoughts of making it a heavy barrel fun little target gun. I bought a Shilen barrel I believe it was from Brownell's for it and put it all together up until stock install time. The stock is for a magnum research rifle and does not fit the 10-22. That rifle is still in the safe and used to get shot pretty regular in its orginal iron sight form. I wore out a 10-22 growing up, I don't have a clue how many rounds it shot.

If anybody needs a magnum research hogue stock let me know we can work out a deal of some sort. I won't ever use it.

SC Hunter

Oh I came here to say that I bought my oldest stepson a 870 the other day in 20 gauge. He likes mine that I turkey hunt with and I was not about to give him mine. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chuckdog

I didn't buy one today, but I sure wanted to. Ga Gun Store in Gainesville had a Henry Big Boy with the color case hardened receiver, octagon barrel, and chambered in 45LC.
OH BOY! did I want that gun.

I handled my first a couple of weeks back at Southern Gun in Bowdon. I have to admit it was mighty appealing until I looked at the price. Around $900 I think?H012GMCC_H012GRCC_Hero (2).jpg

Regardless of price it is a beautiful piece. Other than shooting one of their entry level .22 lever carbines 15+- years ago I simply don't have any first hand experience with Henry products. With hindsight I likely passed on one that deserved more consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.