Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckdog

Picked up a 10/22 last week from Academy. It had came in on the truck that AM. Came with a Viridian 3-9x40 scope. Wood stock. Hard case with Ruger stamped on it. Wanted to go shoot this weekend, but was too rainy for my taste. $329.99 - 5% Academy credit card discount. More than I wanted to pay, but a good deal in the current market and the only one I could find locally like I wanted.

I looked at a 15-22, but the receiver was plastic which I didn't like. Also, I figure the 10/22 will have a better chance of surviving any of Biden's executive orders than one that looks like an "assault rifle".

Rosewood

Back around New Years I bought one of the base model 10/22's at Academy. No great bargain @ $229 and tax, but I didn't own a 22 with more than a 9+1 tube magazine. At that time I couldn't find a used beater for much less.

It's still as is. I wiped it down, cleaned the bore and sat in the safe. I already had a couple of extra 10 round mags, and picked a pair of the 25's up too.

I've owned a couple of the heavy barrel target models that shot great. Never had a standard model that was too impressive accuracy wise, but never had one that wasn't reliable.

Nimrod71

I like the Ruger 10-22's for what they are. From the box they do need some work but that gives you something to work on and spend your allowance on. I have two, one my boat and fishing rifle has really been through the mill, it was underwater in the boat for 3 weeks one time, when I got it out and changed the ammo it shot just fine. I have had that rifle for over 30 years and it is in my duck boat today. The other one I bought about 10 years ago and I just got it to have, it was a good buy for $125 new in the box. Like others have said the biggest problem I see with the rifles is the trigger but then the the regular rifle is not sold as a target rifle. I like Marlins to.

killerv

Dang, you guys trying to spend my money for me.....

10/22s can get you in trouble, I picked up a beech stocked stainless sporter used, was just gonna be a truck gun.

Next thing you know, green mountain fluted barrel, brimstone teir 2 trigger, kidd and volquartzen bolt and charging kits, pillar and action bedded. Stripped the painted receiver and clear lacquered it. Sparkly paint job, I've since painted it metallic black. This thing is a shooter!

tEf3wKB.jpg

rosewood

10/22s can get you in trouble, I picked up a beech stocked stainless sporter used, was just gonna be a truck gun.

Next thing you know, green mountain fluted barrel, brimstone teir 2 trigger, kidd and volquartzen bolt and charging kits, pillar and action bedded. Stripped the painted receiver and clear lacquered it. Sparkly paint job, I've since painted it metallic black. This thing is a shooter!

You must have mentioned the purchase on this forum and everyone started telling you about the available upgrades....

bullgator

Reactions: Dub

killerv

naw, but
You must have mentioned the purchase on this forum and everyone started telling you about the available upgrades....

naw, been into 10/22s for awhile now, they are hard to leave stock for most.

I'd definitely do a trigger upgrade though, makes it a whole different rifle. The bx, at old prices was great for the money, the kidd drop in kit is probably my best feeling trigger, the brimstone tier 2 service on a factory trigger is just a hair behind the kidd kit.

GeorgiaGlockMan

I handled my first a couple of weeks back at Southern Gun in Bowdon. I have to admit it was mighty appealing until I looked at the price. Around $900 I think?View attachment 1067108

Regardless of price it is a beautiful piece. Other than shooting one of their entry level .22 lever carbines 15+- years ago I simply don't have any first hand experience with Henry products. With hindsight I likely passed on one that deserved more consideration.
I have 4 Henry's and that exact rifle in 357mag.

They are without a doubt my favorites.

killerv

Just curious...what scope are you using? Seems decent affordable silver scopes are very limited in availability.

that was a weaver v7 that came with it when I bought it used, It has since been replaced with a nikon rimfire 3-9.

pacecars

Trying to replace one I shouldn’t have sold. Just bought a White Rifles Super 91 .504 muzzle loader. Never should have gotten rid of the one I had several years ago. Excellent shooters with big heavy conical bullets.

pacecars

Trying to replace one I shouldn’t have sold. Just bought a White Rifles Super 91 .504 muzzle loader. Never should have gotten rid of the one I had several years ago. Excellent shooters with big heavy conical bullets.

Well that one fell through so I found one in .451 and bought it instead!

GregoryB.

Just purchased an Unfired Mint in box Ruger #1 V in 25-06 and still have enough cash from a few gun sales to buy another gun. I love gun shopping. Now to locate some brass and dies. Off to the post office to mail out the money and let the wait begin for delivery.

lonewolf247

Well, I’ve always have had a pretty good collection of rifles and scopes but it’s been a while since I’ve bought a pistol.

I think it’s been about 35 years since I have bought one actually. It was a Ruger Security Six. I can’t even find .357 Mag ammo for it right now.

This time I bought a Browning Buck Mark. I wanted something in semi-auto that I could afford to shoot a lot.

I don’t have as much ammo as I’d like, but at least I have about 4000 rounds of .22LR. Haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet, so hopefully soon.

Attachments

• 9A095B2E-71F7-43EA-A863-81FA48CC3F72.jpeg
    9A095B2E-71F7-43EA-A863-81FA48CC3F72.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 10
  • 9D78E37F-1B4A-44BB-9AF6-BFFAFBDF21C0.jpeg
    9D78E37F-1B4A-44BB-9AF6-BFFAFBDF21C0.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.