Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

SC Hunter

I doubt it... I had a 460 barrel with a brake and it was brutal. Wasn't as accurate as my 44mag barrel so I sold it.

Rosewood
I THOUGHT I'd like a 500 barrel until reading your post.

rosewood

Rose, it is hard to beat a 44 Mag. I have shot thousands of rounds of 44 magnums and I have to say I am as good with it as I am with any other of my hand guns. I have killed a good number of deer with my T.C. with 14 in. barrel.
Mine is a 12" in the Encore. It shoots right around 1" at 100 yards with 240 grain Speers. It spoiled me and any other cartridge in the Encore or Contender that won't do that disappoints me.

Now in the Contender frame, the .44 mag is more than I wanted. I really like the .357 mag in the Contender frame and also the .223.

Rosewood

rosewood

I THOUGHT I'd like a 500 barrel until reading your post.
It was just no fun to shoot. Every shot felt like you was getting hit in the face with the muzzle blast. Had I got the first 1-2 loads shooting good, I might have hung on to it, but after putting several different loads down range on several different range trips and not finding one that really shined, I didn't want to shoot it anymore. The .44 will kill anything I need to kill around here. Surprisingly, the 460 was worse to shoot than my 15" .270 barrel and the 460 had a brake.

Rosewood

GregoryB.

I love my Contender in 44 Mag. Mine has the 10in barrel. Got the 35 Rem and 223 14in barrels for it too. Got to find some 240gr JSP bullets for it.

pacecars

Picked up the Beretta A400 Xplor 28 gauge today. Dang that gun is light and looks great. Can’t wait to shoot it

chuckdog

I've predicted Hornady adding me to their Christmas Card list, Ruger may also be adding me.

I left home yesterday with two long guns and one pistol that I had ran my course with. I was in search of a new big boy toy. In other words, I didn't intend to bring any of them back with me!

I've been shopping for a lightweight B/A .223 for a while now. Had really given up on finding one, much less one that I could afford.

Well, the second place I stopped had one of these they had just gotten in. Yes, I did overpay for it, but I understand where I would be if I were the dealer. Sometimes we bite the bullet and forget about the rest.

It's the Ranch Model that uses AR magazines and features a 16.?" barrel. My third Ruger American rifle in the past few months. I have the 6.5 X 20 scope that I'll accuracy test with. It's right at home atop a Ruger American, but just too bulky and heavy for me to want on such a lightweight firearm. I may put a compact fixed power, don't know as I wasn't expecting to find this.

IMG_2125 (2).jpg

I found this next one just over the state line in Sweet Home Alabama.

It's one of those pieces that has always interested me, but are priced too high for what they are. I still feel they're over priced, but the times have changed and my willingness to pay a bit more than I feel something's worth has too.

It's another Ruger product. A standard fixed stock PC Carbine chambered in 9mm. It's capable of using Glock mags as well as the Security 9 magazines I already have.

I like the Ghost Ring sights, as I can still see them well. I have a few red dot sights around, one of those will likely find its way onto it.

IMG_2126 (2).jpg

I have traded off and sold several pieces that I've had many years. They either no longer interest me, have become unpleasant to shoot, or something that is bringing more now than I'm willing to turn down.

I'm no collector. With only a couple of exceptions, if I don't shoot it I no longer want it around.

Dub

I've predicted Hornady adding me to their Christmas Card list, Ruger may also be adding me.

I left home yesterday with two long guns and one pistol that I had ran my course with. I was in search of a new big boy toy. In other words, I didn't intend to bring any of them back with me!

I've been shopping for a lightweight B/A .223 for a while now. Had really given up on finding one, much less one that I could afford.

Well, the second place I stopped had one of these they had just gotten in. Yes, I did overpay for it, but I understand where I would be if I were the dealer. Sometimes we bite the bullet and forget about the rest.

It's the Ranch Model that uses AR magazines and features a 16.?" barrel. My third Ruger American rifle in the past few months. I have the 6.5 X 20 scope that I'll accuracy test with. It's right at home atop a Ruger American, but just too bulky and heavy for me to want on such a lightweight firearm. I may put a compact fixed power, don't know as I wasn't expecting to find this.

View attachment 1079193

I found this next one just over the state line in Sweet Home Alabama.

It's one of those pieces that has always interested me, but are priced too high for what they are. I still feel they're over priced, but the times have changed and my willingness to pay a bit more than I feel something's worth has too.

It's another Ruger product. A standard fixed stock PC Carbine chambered in 9mm. It's capable of using Glock mags as well as the Security 9 magazines I already have.

I like the Ghost Ring sights, as I can still see them well. I have a few red dot sights around, one of those will likely find its way onto it.

View attachment 1079194

I have traded off and sold several pieces that I've had many years. They either no longer interest me, have become unpleasant to shoot, or something that is bringing more now than I'm willing to turn down.

I'm no collector. With only a couple of exceptions, if I don't shoot it I no longer want it around.

Well done !!!

Dad has one of the Ruger 9mm PCC & really enjoys it. Red dot & the Glock 33rd fun sticks.

I like the .223 bolt gun idea. Awesome that you can run the AR mags, too.

Trigger looks like it's gonna be pleasing. (y)

pacecars

Me too! It is funny that 28 gauge are the only shells I see in Walmart

Stroker

Looking at a Browning 78 22-250, can anyone give their likes or dislikes.
Don't know about the 78, but I love my 1885 low wall in .243. Would like to have either in 22-250, it's one of my bucket list calibers in the Browning 1885/78 model's.

Dub

Finally went fishing from the Bergara pond.

It's gonna need some glass & good mounts/rings.

Factory trigger simply makes me mad. Mad at the horrid triggers that many guns used to come with.

I'll be leaving this one alone....feels super to me right out of the box.

Bold statement....reminds me of Sako/Tikka.

Takes Rem700 bases.

Action has a lot in common with Rem700, too. Same aftermarket triggers will fit it.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Finally went fishing from the Bergara pond.

It's gonna need some glass & good mounts/rings.

Factory trigger simply makes me mad. Mad at the horrid triggers that many guns used to come with.

I'll be leaving this one alone....feels super to me right out of the box.

Bold statement....reminds me of Sako/Tikka.

Takes Rem700 bases.

Action has a lot in common with Rem700, too. Same aftermarket triggers will fit it.

Ya did good!

Reactions: Dub

Dub

^ those Bergara rifles are great right out of the box. They'll keep up with anything out there

Thanks.

I'm really pleased with the fit & finish on it. The trigger is really to my liking.

Good trend going now with rifle manufacturers equipping their guns with clean breaking & lighter triggers. It's almost reached the point that when you go into a gun store and fondle any rifle they have...you'll like the trigger. The ones that you may not like may very well be owner adjustable.

I think Bergara is grabbing up business from prior Remington M700 fans....they got my interest.

Ya did good!

Thanks, man.

Almost....almost.....went with with 7mm08 at the lgs. It was close. I held off because of then having to buy new dies, toolhead and components.

Glad I waited....stumbled onto a .308Win for a few dollars less, plus I already have the tooling & components.

Now comes the glass.

This is the part where I cringe...because I know it's going to sting.

It's a hunting rifle so I'll keep the reticle clean & basic.

I want clear glass with solid light transmission.

I do like the illuminated reticles in that they allow finer crosshairs on the range, yet can be set to "shake awake" when I get ready to shoot something.

Some of the newer scopes have a super zoom range....giving nice low end for the stand.....yet can zoom on out there for range fun.

Going to finally give looks to the Leupold VX 6HD, VX 5HD and the new VX 3HD.

Jester896

Senior Clown
the only 6.5 Needmoor I have shot was a Bergara...one of the long range models...helped the guy sight it in...shot good right out of the box...I saw nothing wrong with the trigger...Good Job @Dub

01Foreman400

Staff member
Thanks.

I'm really pleased with the fit & finish on it. The trigger is really to my liking.

Good trend going now with rifle manufacturers equipping their guns with clean breaking & lighter triggers. It's almost reached the point that when you go into a gun store and fondle any rifle they have...you'll like the trigger. The ones that you may not like may very well be owner adjustable.

I think Bergara is grabbing up business from prior Remington M700 fans....they got my interest.

Thanks, man.

Almost....almost.....went with with 7mm08 at the lgs. It was close. I held off because of then having to buy new dies, toolhead and components.

Glad I waited....stumbled onto a .308Win for a few dollars less, plus I already have the tooling & components.

Now comes the glass.

This is the part where I cringe...because I know it's going to sting.

It's a hunting rifle so I'll keep the reticle clean & basic.

I want clear glass with solid light transmission.

I do like the illuminated reticles in that they allow finer crosshairs on the range, yet can be set to "shake awake" when I get ready to shoot something.

Some of the newer scopes have a super zoom range....giving nice low end for the stand.....yet can zoom on out there for range fun.

Going to finally give looks to the Leupold VX 6HD, VX 5HD and the new VX 3HD.

You can find second hand deals if you’re patient. I have 4 Leupold illuminated reticles but honestly I have never used them. I can’t see the target before I can’t see the reticle. I bought a VX6 3-18x50 with the firedot yesterday for $775.

Reactions: Dub
Status
Not open for further replies.