Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Can't wait to shoot this in a few hours.

Installed flip sights and breacher tubes today.

Attachments

• 20210718_112448.jpg
    20210718_112448.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Dub

Head East

Dont need one of them zombie cannons like Dub has; have been torn atween a Glock 43 or SigP365.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Dont need one of them zombie cannons like Dub has; have been torn atween a Glock 43 or SigP365.
I was too until I shot both of them back to back at the range. I went with the Sig.

sbroadwell

Sig P365 is great. I’ve got several hundred rounds through the one I got two weeks ago. Got 12 and 15 round magazine online from Osage County.
It’s in my pocket now, along with a 15 round reload, as I eat supper at a Whataburger in Clanton, AL

pacecars

Tried the G43 and P365 but they still don’t hold a candle to the Wilson EDC X9. I have forsaken all others for EDC since I got the EDC and I was never a 9mm fan.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Tried the G43 and P365 but they still don’t hold a candle to the Wilson EDC X9. I have forsaken all others for EDC since I got the EDC and I was never a 9mm fan.
What did that set you back ? I’d love to have one

pacecars

Around $2500 if I remember correctly.

Dub

The EDC X9 was the gun that bumped the G19 outa the carry spot for me. It fits my paw and runs really well. The 1911 controls are to my liking.

The P365 is a much different animal. It can easily...very easily...be carried in a pocket holster. It also rides comfortable IWB. There is no way that I can carry my EDC X9 in a pocket holster.

Now....the EDC X9S may be a closer size comparison to the P365. I've never compared them side-by-side.

P365 & G19 (similar size as EDC X9) beside each other:

pacecars

I have found the X9 is as small as I want to go for EDC holster carry for my big mits. I tried a Sig 938 for pocket carry and it is just too small for my paws. I only shot the P365 but it just didn’t feel as comfortable as the X9 to me

pacecars

I have carried a Ruger LCR and a S&W M&P Bodyguard in pocket holsters but they were just backups to bigger guns. Not a fan of pocket carry yet. I like IWB in a good holster

sbroadwell

Pocket carry is about all I can do while working. I’m in and out of customers plants all day long, and I don’t want to get my company banned for carrying a gun inside. Wouldn’t be feasible to be taking a holster on and off all the time.
But I can take the gun and pocket holster right out and leave it locked in the gun vault in my car when necessary.

Dub

I have found the X9 is as small as I want to go for EDC holster carry for my big mits. I tried a Sig 938 for pocket carry and it is just too small for my paws. I only shot the P365 but it just didn’t feel as comfortable as the X9 to me

The P365 is much, much smaller than the EDC X9.

I wear XL gloves and find the P365 to be more accommodating in hand than the P938 that I carried for a couple years. Handles itself well enough at the range. It's no full-size gun...but it works better for me than any pocket pistol that I've ever shot.

For the record....very few guns feel as good and shoot as good as those EDC X9 pistols. They did their homework on that design.

It's a keeper.

I'm hugely grateful the Dan Wesson DWX never materialized because I quit waiting on it and moved into that EDC X9 and am very glad I did so.

Dub

Long post.....but it's a tale of how I was an idiot.

I really liked how the P938 is made. Sig did a good job with solid materials and making a well functioning gun.

I rented one a couple times and shot it head-to-head against my G43.

It really did well.

Ordered one....continued to shoot it on almost every range session along with the governments & commanders that were the main guns in each session.

Fast forward to the day when I was grounded at home during the Covid shutdown at work. Got stir crazy and was doing some dry firing in the garage after cleaning some guns. Pulled the little P938 outa pocket holster, emptied it, reseated the emptied mag into the gun and did some dry firing.

Impressive little package......UNITL trying some draws from the pocket holster. Everything ground to a halt.

Two things kept reoccurring when I tried. The more I sped up the practice draws the worse it got:
1) pocket liner material would either get trapped by my hand...between the frame's beavertail and snag on the draw.....looking like a real deal no kiddin' live in the flesh Barney Fife presentation. Total goofball.

2) After finally getting the gun to clear, present to target...my trigger finger would be pressing firmly in place......but pressing against the outer surface of trigger guard. Would take some serious hand manipulation to reposition trigger finger backwards and inside the guard onto the trigger. More Barney Fife.

I left the gun emptied and it went into the safe and an Airweight J-frame took over any pocket carry use I had.....until I could get through the Covid lockdown and try some other gear.

The P365 was much more ergonomic for me....and triples the capacity of the J-frame, fast spare mag reloads, better sights and a trigger that helps accuracy. It's a pocket rocket on steroids, in my opinion.

I'm grateful I found out about the P938 problems in my garage that day....and not in a situation where things were more serious. I have scolded myself for being an idiot and not knowing of the issues sooner. This is something I should have tried the very first day.....or prior to the first day. :banginghe

Pocket carry is mainly something I only do around the house/yard...when wearing drawstring gym shorts.

Leaving the driveway there is usually a full-size pistola on the belt along with a spare magazine or two. If its not a .45 then odds are it's the EDC X9 (y)

GeorgiaGlockMan

Range report when you are done …..please!!!!

You are gonna be grinning all week after running that beast through it‘s paces. (y)(y)(y)(y)
Had to change plans. Wife has been visiting my daughter in FL hospital for 6 weeks and said this weekend she was coming home today...now tomorrow. Had to get the place show-ready.

Rescheduled for next opportunity.

Plus just had another case of slugs and buckshot show up Sunday (fedex delivers on Sunday here?...surprised me too).

I did get it lubed up and slinged tho. She's ready now.

pacecars

Joined a lease so I can kill things with my guns if that counts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.