Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacecars

Interesting. I have thought about trying out one of the Franchi Momentums

FlipKing

I'll let ya know how it does. First impressions is the bolt is butter. Trigger breaks like glass at 2.5lbs every pull. 8lbs 8oz weight as is. Feels nice.

FlipKing

That is true, but their first break into the bolt market and there is basically 0 "real" reviews out there. I traded a Savage longrange msr10 for it and the scope as I wanted a "premium" bolt .308. This seems to fit the bill but the target will determine the final verdict.

Dub

That is true, but their first break into the bolt market and there is basically 0 "real" reviews out there. I traded a Savage longrange msr10 for it and the scope as I wanted a "premium" bolt .308. This seems to fit the bill but the target will determine the final verdict.

I do believe I‘d have confidence in that one.

Betting it’s going to perform very well.

pacecars

Not exactly a gun but it has a trigger. I just ordered a TenPoint Seige RS410 crossbow. I have been wanting to try one of the reverse limb crossbows for a while. Should be fun

Dub

Bought this on sale at PSA over a week ago. Sorta slow getting through their to shipping department.

I suspect the camo stock was the reason for the sale price. I have plans for addressing that stock. Gonna be a fun gun-project worthy of the time.

I wasn’t exactly looking for another.308 to keep fed, however I couldn’t resist a good deal in a gun that’s been on my wish list for so long.

1AED88A1-9D68-40F7-AB2A-D5316D66C1EB.jpegA24A5896-9161-430E-8B5E-3E3CB6AB2663.jpegB30C4A7C-634B-4047-BB31-D4FC4B0D6324.jpeg

pacecars

Just got the call from my dealer that my New Frontier has arrived but sadly I am at work and they close before I get off. I guess it will be tomorrow

Jester896

Senior Clown
Yep… yep I did…It ain’t the Charter Arms Bulldog I wanted… it is a 4” Bulldog Target.

D9F5FB51-7FF5-4B84-8DAB-3DE7ED1FC70F.jpeg

from the markings it is a 3rd generation manufactured since 2000 with a ser # of 95XXX.

Need to strip it and clean it...kinda nasty.

Last edited:

GeorgiaGlockMan

Range report when you are done …..please!!!!

You are gonna be grinning all week after running that beast through it‘s paces. (y)(y)(y)(y)
Finally got to take the virgin test drive.

Shot about 80 rounds yesterday afternoon during an afternoon sweat storm.

A good mix of 3 different slug types, 00 buckshot, and a few #7 and #8 game loads.

had 1 failure to fire on 00 buck (sterling brand) when gun was smoking hot and kept that round so I can try it in a different shotgun.

The ar style flip up sights were shooting about 2 ft low at 40 yds. I didn't adjust them as I left the sight tool on my desk but if I centered the ghost at 1/2 front pin it was hitting where I aimed.

The 1 pump/2 shots started to feel normal after 10 or so rounds.

the gun has a little quirk that I was aware of going in...after 1st shot the safety cannot be re-engaged until the 2nd shot is fired. I can live with that.

I need to take it apart, clean it up and re-lube it. It was feeling a little sticky racking the slide toward the end of the run.

I really like this shotgun. It was definitely an insta-grin from 1st shot.

The recoil with 2-3/4" highbrass buckshot and slugs is WAY less than my police 870.

I need to get a holosight and this gun will serve me very well for bedside safe duty.

Attachments

• 20210718_112448.jpg
    20210718_112448.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 14

chuckdog

I picked this 637 up one day last week. It was kind of an impulse purchase.

The D/A pull is awfully sweet. Haven't fired it yet though.

At this point I don't exactly know what I'll do with it. I may let my wife see if she prefers it to her 642.

SW 637 PC.jpg

Dub

@Dub I'm speechless! The past few purchases you've posted have me drooling!

Thanks, man. Just an old guy taking on some new skills. This one is getting a dot sight as soon as the mounting plate comes in this week.

I have been wanting to spend some time getting acclimated to a red dot sight.

The shop owner who sold me the pistola is also soon to be retiring from law enforcement. His department requires additional 2,500 rds over various courses of fire before their folks can carry dot-equipped guns.

That is a pile of disciplined shooting to make the transition.

It’s going to take me a while….as well as some professional instruction.

Will run it with irons tomorrow for a quick shakedown cruise.

Got a few mags ready.

It came well-soaked with oil, presumably the Hoppe’s Black oil that came with it. Grabbed another bottle to use for the first several sessions.

91A5947D-5343-4902-920E-DCB6E6DD6438.jpegD1722495-EFC4-4F76-9834-4E1CAEEC8AE3.jpeg086A17A5-AC40-4727-B9F6-C48C2B5A15F0.jpeg76809C5D-E7C1-4F59-8556-69A48AD4EF2A.jpegB7348062-9331-4EBF-B6C5-617648E23EB1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.