Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Seekins rings are my favorite. As far as a base Warne makes a great bases at a very reasonable price. As far as glass it really all depends on what size and range of power scope you’re looking for.
Warne rail bases where not available. So I got Talley. This rifle is not ready for loctite but I decided to take a picture in progress. I am still trying to decide on eye relief and position of rings. I think the scope, rail, and rings will be cerakoted.A6222EE4-1736-4311-B8D1-EE4F85013BB7.jpeg

01Foreman400

Staff member
Warne rail bases where not available. So I got Talley. This rifle is not ready for loctite but I decided to take a picture in progress. I am still trying to decide on eye relief and position of rings. I think the scope, rail, and rings will be cerakoted.View attachment 1104456

Man, that is slick! What ammo are you going to use?

rosewood

Warne rail bases where not available. So I got Talley. This rifle is not ready for loctite but I decided to take a picture in progress. I am still trying to decide on eye relief and position of rings. I think the scope, rail, and rings will be cerakoted.View attachment 1104456
Will cerakote void the warranty on the leupold?

rosewood

Good info.

rosewood

That is great customer service. I bet a lesser scope company would void the warranty because you cerakoted it.

01Foreman400

Staff member
I am not yet sure? Factory ammo for me. Or I might be willing to have some local ammo reloader build me a custom load - not sure how that works? Any recommendations are welcome.

Thank you

Hope you can find some ammo for it. If you have a buddy that reloads and can help you that’s definitely your best bet.

Dub

I am not yet sure? Factory ammo for me. Or I might be willing to have some local ammo reloader build me a custom load - not sure how that works? Any recommendations are welcome.

Thank you

.300 Win Mag, right ?

If so, you are in luck.

There is some type of magic at work with most guns chambered in .300 Win Mag.

I have yet to shoot one that didn't easily show a decided preference for off the shelf ammo. I'm not talking about the high dollar Gucci ammo, either....but the basic stuff we used to be able to grab at any Walmart, Academy, etc.

Seemed like with a .300WinMag all one has to do is buy two boxes of the $25 hunting ammo.....one in 165gr and the other in 180gr.

The gun will immediately tell you which one it likes. Deer will hate 'em all. :rofl:

You will have zero trouble sorting this out with what was once easily obtainable factory stuff. (y)

I'm guessing that you'll be able to have some extended range sessions with that sweet barrel, too. You'll be able to shoot more than a single group before cool down waits.

Looking forward to seeing this rifle get up and running for you....please keep on posting updates.

SC Hunter

@HarryO45 that looks sweet! I'm ready to see range reports on it.

If your able to get your hands on a few hundred pieces of brass and projectile's that you like you can probably find somebody to load the ammo for you. It may be expensive up front but it's great peace of mind to have a good supply of ammo you know your gun likes.

Nimrod71

I didn't buy a gun today but I did buy and improvement. I have been working on my long range rifle, I call it my Sniper Rifle, it's my trusty old Rem 700 M40 variant. A couple of my friends have gotten me into long range shooting so I have been making adjustments to my rifle. So far I have changed to a NightForce scope, new MagPul stock and today a new trigger by Trigger Tech. I found that shooting at far distant targets require as little movement as possible and a consistent lighter trigger pull is a real help. I'm getting there it just takes time and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.