Did you reload anything today #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Boyd

Hey @Jim Boyd , powder valley has benchmark and BLC-2 in stock (and CFE). All great Grendel options. I bought three lbs of BM haven’t seen that forever. I paid WAY too much but desperate times call for desperate measures. Let’s go Brandon.

Loaded up 40 rounds of 7 RM. It’s all over but the crying.

I have been using 223 and think I have about .75 lb left.

Have H335 and 2420 also.

thanks !

rosewood

I have been using 223 and think I have about .75 lb left.

Have H335 and 2420 also.

thanks !
i use h335 in grendel. Works well for me.

chase870

Possum Sox
So, the question is 1 in 14 twist in the 220 Swift will it stabilize a 60-grain bullet or not? I think the Lyman manual said it will not stabilize. Also, the Lyman loads are much hotter than the Hornady loads as far as charge weight goes, and finally one last question will the charge weights for bullet weights work for all bullets that weight i.e. will a charge for a 60-grain soft point work for a V Max or a hollow point 60 grain bullet

menhadenman

So, the question is 1 in 14 twist in the 220 Swift will it stabilize a 60-grain bullet or not? I think the Lyman manual said it will not stabilize. Also, the Lyman loads are much hotter than the Hornady loads as far as charge weight goes, and finally one last question will the charge weights for bullet weights work for all bullets that weight i.e. will a charge for a 60-grain soft point work for a V Max or a hollow point 60 grain bullet

Sounds sketchy to me. Here’s what you need: https://bergerbullets.com/twist-rate-calculator/

Reactions: Dub

rosewood

Jester pointed out that it’s mighty close to benchmark. I just had some insane groups with 223 that hooked me. Funny how reloading goes - it’s like the fishing lure that smashes one day and you just have to go back no matter the cost.
I tried Benchmark for the 1st time a few years back in my 15" Encore in 7mm-08. I only had one pound. Picked up a Rem 700 in .223 and decided to give BM a whirl in it. Developed some great loads, but now I haven't seen BM on the shelf since the Scamdemic. I did want to try it in Grendel, but alas. I managed to pick up several pounds of H335 for .223 so I have been using it.

Rosewood

deerslayer357

Mid south has a decent selection of Hodgdon powder in stock. H335, H4831sc, benchmark, code 223, bl-c2 etc. No varget.

deerslayer357

I think I may have a problem.

Find myself pulling rifles out of the safe just to work up loads for them. This week was a ladder for a .270 Winchester.
Ladder consisted of 130 grain Hornady SST’s, H4831SC, and CCI 200’s. Found 2 loads that show promise 1 1/4-1 1/2” at 100, so went back home and loaded another set of 4 each to try to decide which to settle on.

Not a good addiction to have when components are scarce!

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

Find myself pulling rifles out of the safe just to work up loads for them. This week was a ladder for a .270 Winchester.
Ladder consisted of 130 grain Hornady SST’s, H4831SC, and CCI 200’s. Found 2 loads that show promise 1 1/4-1 1/2” at 100, so went back home and loaded another set of 4 each to try to decide which to settle on.

Darn good problem to have

Dub

Sounds great.

And there are much, much worse ways to spend your time & effort.

Way worse. ?

rosewood

Loaded up some small batches for the 38 special with the Lee 148 DEWC mold that I powder coated last night over Bullseye powder. Also loaded up some 162 grain RNFP PC boolits for a woods defense 38 special load. Gotta to get to range and check out the velocity and accuracy.
827202291211.jpg
Rosewood

Last edited:

Dub

Loaded up some small batches for the 38 special with the Lee 148 DEWC mold that I powder coated last night over Bullseye powder. Also loaded up some 162 grain RNFP PC boolits for a woods defense 38 special load. Gotta to get to range and check out the velocity and accuracy.
View attachment 1179166
Rosewood

The flat surface area on the front of both of those is gonna put a hurtin‘ on whatever it hits.(y)

rosewood

The flat surface area on the front of both of those is gonna put a hurtin‘ on whatever it hits.(y)
Plan on killin' paper with the one on the left..

Status
Not open for further replies.