Did you reload anything today #4

Dub

Powder Valley....free shipping code "Gun Talk".

It kicked it out the first time....went to the next page in the ordering step and entered it again and it took.

I'm not sure what impact, if any, it has on hazmat fees. I was simply getting some of the bullets that were on "weekly deals" section. (They blew away the prices I saw elsewhere).

Not sure how long it will be permitted.

Heard about the code when listening to podcast of Tom Gresham's Gun Talk weekly radio show during the commutes home from work. :flag:

Great podcast, too.

deerslayer357

Slipped off for a few minutes today and tested the second 270 win ladder- found a load that shoots 0.86” 4 shot group at 100 yards. Think I will leave it at that and load a couple dozen for next deer season. Need to chrono the load still and then zero scope for this load.

Jester896

Senior Clown
ProductQuantityPrice
Goex Black Powder FF2$55.98
Goex Black Powder FFF1$27.99
Hodgdon Pyrodex Rs 1# (Ff)1$25.99
Hodgdon Lil' Gun Smokeless Gun Powder - 1#
  • Size:
1#
1$39.99
Subtotal:$149.95
Discount:-$22.99
Shipping:$15.95 via Shipping
Hazmat shipping surcharge:$22.99
Adult Signature Required:$4.50
Tax:$13.63
Payment method:Credit Card
Total:$184.03
someone over 21 has to sign for it and I am charged for it...I don't see insurance...looks like they even taxed the $4.50 service.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub

Dub

Watching the evening news and sipping on an ice cold Diet Dewski....finished the prep work on 346 cases.

Ready for the press now.

IMG_2796.jpeg

6.5 NeedsMoor
IMG_2795.jpeg

6.5 Grendel
IMG_2794.jpeg

.308 Win
IMG_2792.jpeg

Also there were forty-six .270Win cases...too ashamed to have their pic posted with the short action runts. :rofl:

Maybe I'll get started with the sizing & priming after work tomorrow evening.

Delivery guy dropped off a pair of AI-AW 10rd mags and 500
6mm 109gr ELD-M this afternoon....each for a future rifle project that is coming together. (y)

IMG_2790.jpeg

Jester896

Senior Clown
FedEx dropped off the GoEx

@Dub I had 2 10rd and gave one away with a rifle I traded. I have 4 5rd and 2 of those are MagPul...one stays in the hunting rifle

divinginn

Finally got 357s with coated bullets loaded properly with 0 wrinkled cases and properly crimped.
This is a new caliber for me and I really struggled with the coated cast bullets,had no problem at all with Hornady XTPs,but all is good now.

Dub

Was trying to seat them too short crushing the cases.

Seating & crimping in same step?

I struggle when doing that. Seems like it takes me forever to get it set just right. Much easier when the two steps can be done separately, at least for me it is.

Dub

Check out what the cat drug in while I was at work yesterday.

Hoping to play around with these Monday.

.703 BC (G1)…….dangitman.

This is going to be fun.

Magazine length….forgetaboutit:rofl:

IMG_2821.jpegIMG_2822.jpegIMG_2823.jpegIMG_2820.jpeg

rosewood

Check out what the cat drug in while I was at work yesterday.

Hoping to play around with these Monday.

.703 BC (G1)…….dangitman.

This is going to be fun.

Magazine length….forgetaboutit:rofl:

View attachment 1291578View attachment 1291580View attachment 1291581View attachment 1291582
I got some of those in the 120gr flavor for use in my 6.5 Grendel AR. Have shot pretty well so far, only had one outing to test accuracy though. But they were sub-moa, but I think they will tighten up more with some tweeking.

Rosewood

Dub

I got some of those in the 120gr flavor for use in my 6.5 Grendel AR. Have shot pretty well so far, only had one outing to test accuracy though. But they were sub-moa, but I think they will tighten up more with some tweeking.

Rosewood

Heck yeah.

Sounds really good. :rockon:

Encouraging to hear about another great bullet option for the Grendel that is playing nicely within the confines of magazines.
120gr suits the Grendel really well, in my amateur opinion.

My AR Grendel has been a recent gun of interest to my son & I on our recent outings. Loading some ammo for it today, in fact (123gr Hornady HPBT over a dose of TAC). He loves the trigger I put in it, but said he's not a fan of the "floating" center dot reticle. Said he prefers an actual crosshair. The tree seems busy to him.
Same thoughts I had when taking my first steps with the seemingly busy target reticles. Now, however, I love 'em.

I wasn't aware of these Match Burners until recently when I'd seen postings of shooters having great results with the 6mm versions.
I havne't added any in 6mm....but I saw these 6.5's on sale with free shipping from PV (code: Gun Talk for free shipping).

Figured they'd come in handy for a pair of NeedsMoors I'm setting up for my son & I to have fun with.

I didn't realize Barnes had cup & core bullets and I sure as heck didn't realize they also had what is a more affordable bullet. The Match Burners seem to be both. (y)

rosewood

Heck yeah.

Sounds really good. :rockon:

Encouraging to hear about another great bullet option for the Grendel that is playing nicely within the confines of magazines.
120gr suits the Grendel really well, in my amateur opinion.

My AR Grendel has been a recent gun of interest to my son & I on our recent outings. Loading some ammo for it today, in fact (123gr Hornady HPBT over a dose of TAC). He loves the trigger I put in it, but said he's not a fan of the "floating" center dot reticle. Said he prefers an actual crosshair. The tree seems busy to him.
Same thoughts I had when taking my first steps with the seemingly busy target reticles. Now, however, I love 'em.

I wasn't aware of these Match Burners until recently when I'd seen postings of shooters having great results with the 6mm versions.
I havne't added any in 6mm....but I saw these 6.5's on sale with free shipping from PV (code: Gun Talk for free shipping).

Figured they'd come in handy for a pair of NeedsMoors I'm setting up for my son & I to have fun with.

I didn't realize Barnes had cup & core bullets and I sure as heck didn't realize they also had what is a more affordable bullet. The Match Burners seem to be both. (y)
They were cheaper than the 123 SSTs and also available. They are good for range use. Will still use the 123 SSTs if I take it hunting.

Rosewood

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Loaded up a few different Magnum rounds for the S&W 69. The XTP's are my first trial of H110; double and triple-checked the data and all aspects of the load. These are starter loads but within the limits of Hornady's data... Only difference from Hornady's data is the brass. (Picture is from before crimps were applied)

20240309_100500.jpg