Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimrod71

First let me say I love reloading. I love it as much as I do shooting. I walk through my reloading room several time a day looking for something to reload. I got a new scope for my 6 mm yesterday so I decided I better load up a few rounds to get it sited in. This rifle really loves Sierra 85 ga. HPBT over 38,3 grs. of IMR 4895. Currently I can shoot 5 shots at 100 yards and cover them with a dime. That may not be the best, but it is good for me. I can't shoot as good as I use to, age is working on my nerves and eye sight. After loading the 6 mm's I decided to load up a round of 223's. I have a Savage 223 that I have for a truck gun and been working up a load for it. Today I loaded Sierra 55 gr. BlitzKing over 27 grs. of MR 2520. I haven't used the 2620 in a long time, but in the past I remember it shot pretty good in my Win. 223. Now I am ready for the rifle range tomorrow.

BriarPatch99

I got enough loaded for the time being .... but I manage to keep some empty sized brass on hand.... wouldn't take long to put together a lot more ....

I like to keep components and empty sized brass unloaded ... Ain't many folks that want shoot an old man's reloads ..... I got a few friends that may but not many ...

bullgator

50 .223 with 68 grain Hornady for my friend who just bought his first rifle.
Yesterday I loaded about 140 9mm.

Jester896

Senior Clown
If I hadn't worked all weekend I would have had some .22-250 and some .243 loaded. Everything sized, clean and ready to put together. I have even been picking up boxes of various weight .243. Might get 1 day off this weekend:sneaky:

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Have some big fun at the range tomorrow @Nimrod71

Sounds like you are ready.

Today, I did actually poke my head in the spare bedroom where my gear is boxed up & waiting on me. Have a long weekend coming up if the wife will not load my old butt up with chores I may get to it.

Once I finally do so it’ll be something I plan on doing a couple times a week.

Just hoping we aren’t cursed next month in the election. I’d like to be able to keep after it for many years worth of shooting, Lord willing.

SakoL61R

Got the 308’s set for my son and I. Him with 125 Nosler AB’s over a slightly reduced load of H4895 running at 2700. For me 168 BT’s over a max load of Varget. Worked up my best load ever for the .300 Savage 99 this year. 125 Nosler AB over not quite a max load of RL7. Thursday am range time for final scope tweaks (I really just wanna shoot...) Little Sako is super excited for the youth opener! Curious to see how the AB’s perform on deer as compared to the 125 BTs we’ve used before.

Buckstop

Finished loading up 30 sized and primed 6.5x284 cases over the weekend that had been on the bench a few weeks. Using 52.5 gr of RL 23 under 124 hammer hunters with Fed 215M’s. Thats about it for me for a few months. All caught up for the few rifles I might use this hunting this season.

chuckdog

I loaded 100 .308 for an AR. 150gr Hornady FMJ atop a healthy dose of CFE.

I've been busy recovering primers from brass that was prepped for loading and never used.

I've recovered several CCI 250 & Win MR from WSM calibers that I'll likely never own another. I've also recovered several hundred small pistol primers from prepped .40 S&W brass. They're soon headed for 9mm brass.

My hands simply can't do the .454 Casull and the like now, so I'll likely recover some small rifle primers there. I see several Winchester LR primers that will relocate from .44 Mag brass over to .45 ACP.

I'm not low on primers, this simply helps me maintain that. It's the handloader's "scrounger" mentality at work.

GregoryB.

I need to load some 140gr Nosler Balistic tips in my 260 in case I decide to take a bolt gun and leave the single shots at home. Got everything ready if my new pup will let me have a few minutes to myself.

Stroker

Trimmed and neck sized 100 Hornady .243 cases for new to me 1885 low wall. Loaded 60 test rounds, 10 each with 90 gr Accubonds, 95 gr SST's, and 95 gr BT's. Starting out using my old favorites IMR 4831 and IMR 4350. Got 40 .243 nickel Winchester cases I'm going to start work on tonight.

GregoryB.

Since I had the 257 Weatherby dies already in the press I went ahead and finished off loading the last of my Weatherby cases. 100gr Barnes TTSX with 65.5grs of IMR 4831.

Nimrod71

IMR 4831 is one of my favorite powders. I have been amazed at the different calibers it works in. My main powders are IMR 4895, 4064, 4320, 4198, Bl-C2, MR 2520.

baddave

First let me say I love reloading. I love it as much as I do shooting. I walk through my reloading room several time a day looking for something to reload. I got a new scope for my 6 mm yesterday so I decided I better load up a few rounds to get it sited in. This rifle really loves Sierra 85 ga. HPBT over 38,3 grs. of IMR 4895. Currently I can shoot 5 shots at 100 yards and cover them with a dime. That may not be the best, but it is good for me. I can't shoot as good as I use to, age is working on my nerves and eye sight. After loading the 6 mm's I decided to load up a round of 223's. I have a Savage 223 that I have for a truck gun and been working up a load for it. Today I loaded Sierra 55 gr. BlitzKing over 27 grs. of MR 2520. I haven't used the 2620 in a long time, but in the past I remember it shot pretty good in my Win. 223. Now I am ready for the rifle range tomorrow.
i've loaded those 85's for 243 and seem to shoot very well , i ain't as good as you described but still good . do you like those on deer? I'm using 80 gr barnes ttsx but like you, i love to play around

Nimrod71

Bad I have used the 85's on deer several times and didn't have any pro.blem. Most of them fell in their tracks a couple did run but they were alert and about to run when I fired. The farthest I had to trail one was only about 50 yards. The bullet really does a job on the heart and lungs, looks like red jello. The only thing I would caution is make sure you have a clear shot, no limbs or brush to shoot through because they will blow up at close range.

Rwjeter

Some 5.56 blanks actually..... 4 grains of Red Dot will send a can pretty far. Need to get some more .300 BLK brass. I’ve got a couple hundred loaded and plenty to load more, just no brass. Also Need to get around to working up some loads for my .224 Valkyrie. Got a nice set of RCBS Match Master dies and haven’t loaded the first bullet.

243SuperRC

Today, loaded 90 rounds of 7.62x39 for an AR-15 I got last year. Wasn't planning on reloading for this rifle because I stocked up on some ammo (Hornady, Tula, wolf, golden tiger, etc.) at the time. However, a good friend gave me some Barnes 123 gr TSX bullets and brass. 25 grs of H4198 grouped pretty decent in the rifle.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I haven't reloaded anything in awhile. Got a little itch.

Loaded up some .223 FMJs 26 grains of varget. Im gonna use up the rest of my powder or primers in the next day or too. Should have been more on point about having a good supply of components.

Had several cases that the primer didnt want to go in. Ruined 1 for sure. may go thru the cases i have and toss the rest of that stamp.

20201007_202244.jpg

Rwjeter

I haven't reloaded anything in awhile. Got a little itch.

Loaded up some .223 FMJs 26 grains of varget. Im gonna use up the rest of my powder or primers in the next day or too. Should have been more on point about having a good supply of components.

Had several cases that the primer didnt want to go in. Ruined 1 for sure. may go thru the cases i have and toss the rest of that stamp.

View attachment 1042640
Looks like Lake City. If it is, it has a crimped primer pocket. Did you swage the pockets?

Status
Not open for further replies.