Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriarPatch99

MPBR or PBR is 338 yards at 3525 fps ... but if his rifle will allow ....the IMR 4831 Max 89 grains will go up to about 3680 fps with a MPBR of 351 yards ... that is +/-3" ....

Just a few yards(6)over my .25/06 80 grain TTSX at 3680 fps ....but it also has 800 ft lbs energy more ...

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I've used 89gr with the 130gr Hornady SP for many years whacking groundhogs. I'm sure I can get it there or close. I started low to work up. More range time that way.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
And I have a 26" bbl, that helps with velocity along the range of powder weights. Might get a little more fps with less powder than I would with shorter barrels, plus the relief bands should lessen friction a bit down that 26".

rosewood

22-250 die and a 220 Swift case operator error I got excited when the shoulder moved just knew I finally cracked the code.
That 'splains it!

chase870

Possum Sox
That 'splains it!
Yep that does. It was a let down when I figured it out. I'm starting to think my issues may be the gun. I guess I'm thinking that once the die is in the press and touches the shell holder when its fully raised there is only so much more it can be turned down. At some point there has to be a level that the press does not cam. So I guess the question is there has to be a maxium resizing with the die and press right? It will only resize and bump the shoulder back set distance once the die has a shell inserted as far as it will go.

chase870

Possum Sox
Correct. Do you know how far off you are? If you knew you could remove that much from the shellholder

Not sure but it seems as if I get no movement of the shoulders been checking this with a bump gauge. I guess if the rifle that fired the brass originally has a chamber that is cut to sammi spec, and the die is sammi spec that would explain the fact that I don't see any noticeable movement in the shoulders.

Jester896

Senior Clown
In most cases you can bump shoulders back well under SAAMI spec from my experience. I don’t use a wide verity of dies and all of my rifle dies are in one of the green colors. I have seen them go to -.004 easily and that is what most factory or field ammo is.

Status
Not open for further replies.