Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liberty

I haven't reloaded anything in awhile. Got a little itch.

Loaded up some .223 FMJs 26 grains of varget. Im gonna use up the rest of my powder or primers in the next day or too. Should have been more on point about having a good supply of components.

Had several cases that the primer didnt want to go in. Ruined 1 for sure. may go thru the cases i have and toss the rest of that stamp.

View attachment 1042640

If you don't have a primer swaging tool or cutter, you can remove the primer cimp with a chamfer/deburring tool with ease. Just don't overdo it and oversize the primer pocket.

BriarPatch99

Quick easy job with counter sink bit in a drill press.... You learn quickly how long and how much pressure to apply.... Use high speed to cut brass smooth.... Hand hold the brass ..... the drill press is only to hold and turn the counter sink bit.... really quick... Practice on some scrap brass If you have some ...

If you are doing a bunch get a swage tool...

Last edited:

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
This is the first time i bought a box of used brass with mixed headstamps. I didnt know about the lake city. I saw the crimp. I should have researched it. The first one i tried worked fine. Took a little more pressure than normal.

SakoL61R

Just back from my Thursday range morning at 17S. Lil Sako's and my .308 are solid. Really liking this year's load for my Savage 99 in .300. Sub moa with RL7 and 125 Nos ABs, multiple groups, multiple days, all conditions. Gonna be my goto this year if the kids don't put meat in the freezer.
Of note, was rolling a few more last night and bumped my old Lee auto primer with 40 FedGMM Lg rifle primers in it. Spilled every last one out on my bench, in a half open drawer, and on the floor. Thought I was gonna have the Big One....
Took 10 minutes, but found every one. More precious than diamonds......

Jester896

Senior Clown
You can also use your deburring tool to cut the crimp from LC cases

Last edited:

bullgator

Loaded up another 50 .223s just for fun. Berger 77gr. OTM and 23.0 of W748.
Im almost reluctant to go shoot stuff right now.....:O

Reactions: Dub

Nimrod71

Bull, I wouldn't go out and just waste it, unless you have more than you think you may need. I suggest if someone wants to shoot they should limit their rounds to a specific purpose.

rosewood

I got enough loaded for the time being .... but I manage to keep some empty sized brass on hand.... wouldn't take long to put together a lot more ....

I like to keep components and empty sized brass unloaded ... Ain't many folks that want shoot an old man's reloads ..... I got a few friends that may but not many ...
This is a very good point especially if you don't have a family member that reloads. Separate components will be much easier for your family to get rid of when you pass on.

Rosewood

Yotedawg

Loaded up some pills last weekend. Some 6mm 70gr. Blitzkings over Varget. That bullet is my one and only coyote death machine. Loaded some up for my EBR 243 and launched one of them Monday night through both front shoulders and chest cavity of a 34 pound coyote. As I was examining him for an exit which I usually get, my hand felt a small bump, which was part of the bullet against the hide on the off side. It came to 25% of the original weight. The rest of the bullet liquified the lungs as he was quite squishy when I flipped him over. I do love Sierra Blitzkings in my 243, 6mm Creed, and 22-250.

Attachments

• IMG_6722.jpg
    IMG_6722.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 12

SakoL61R

Nimrod,
Agree with ya there! I'm down to only expending what I need to get it done for hunting / minimal load tweaking. Still have adequate supplies, but with no end in sight to the component shortage, I've got to be frugal. LR steel fun is on hold.

On a solid note, I've a enough Trail Boss, several K of Lg Rif mag primers, and lotsa inexpensive .30 cal target bullets to keep my kids at the range and practicing with their .308s for a long time.

Bull, I wouldn't go out and just waste it, unless you have more than you think you may need. I suggest if someone wants to shoot they should limit their rounds to a specific purpose.

bullgator

Prepped 100 new .40 S&W today. I’ll probably load them this weekend.
On a side note. I found 5000 Federal AR match 205m small rifle primers on the top shelf of the reloading closet.

furtaker

Just finished up my 260 loads. Forgot how long that 140gr Balistic tip looks. Now I need to work on a load fort 257 Robert's.
I pulled out some 140 Accubonds for my 6.5x55 yesterday and those suckers are super long. No wonder the 6.5s have such a reputation for penetration.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I pulled out some 140 Accubonds for my 6.5x55 yesterday and those suckers are super long. No wonder the 6.5s have such a reputation for penetration.
It's all about the Sectional Density

bullgator

I can’t seem to get the long bullets to group in my two Swedes. The closest is a 130 Scirrocco. The 125 Partitions work in both.

Status
Not open for further replies.