Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deerslayer357

Sight Checked the 7/08 this afternoon. Got 14 rounds (3 from today and 11 from last year) tumbling now to be loaded this evening and we will be ready for Saturday!

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Sight Checked the 7/08 this afternoon. Got 14 rounds (3 from today and 11 from last year) tumbling now to be loaded this evening and we will be ready for Saturday!

Hand crafted satisfaction. Hope you get some nice clean kills with those. (y)

7mm08 is super cartridge.

What bullet are you loading in yours ?

deerslayer357

I load 140 Nosler Partitions and Nosler Ballistic Tip 140’s. COL is slightly different but both shoot to same point of aim over a healthy dose of Alliant Reloader 17.

Last edited:

deerslayer357

I load 140 Nosler Partitins and Nosler Ballistic Tip 140’s. COL is slightly different but both shoot to same point of aim over a healthy dose of Alliant Reloader 17.
The original plan was ballistic tips in the encore pistol and partitions in the rifle, but so far I have been shooting more ballistic tips in both. They have nasty expansion but often no exit wound.

Dub

The original plan was ballistic tips in the encore pistol and partitions in the rifle, but so far I have been shooting more ballistic tips in both. They have nasty expansion but often no exit wound.

Understood. (y)

One of my favorite loads was/is (been way too long since I've had my butt in the woods) for .270 Win. 140gr Nosler BT over near-max book load of 4831sc. Exit loads weren't the norm, however it dropped them like a pallet of bricks when I did my part.

Not a harsh recoiling load, either.

rosewood

Many ballistic tips blow up at speed (Nosler, SST to name a few). I have found, if you slow them down a lot, your odds of a pass through go up tremendously.

Rosewood

Stevie Ray

I loaded 50 rounds of 95 gr Hornday V-Max's in 6.5 CM over 40 grs of IMR-4064 for one of my friend's son's new Savage rifle, I've never shot or loaded that light of a bullet for 6.5 Creedmoore but that's what he wanted so we'll see how they perform.

rosewood

I loaded 50 rounds of 95 gr Hornday V-Max's in 6.5 CM over 40 grs of IMR-4064 for one of my friend's son's new Savage rifle, I've never shot or loaded that light of a bullet for 6.5 Creedmoore but that's what he wanted so we'll see how they perform.
Will be great for Coyotes.

furtaker

Understood. (y)

One of my favorite loads was/is (been way too long since I've had my butt in the woods) for .270 Win. 140gr Nosler BT over near-max book load of 4831sc. Exit loads weren't the norm, however it dropped them like a pallet of bricks when I did my part.

Not a harsh recoiling load, either.
What kind of speed are you getting? I've tried 4831sc in 3 different rifles and velocity was terrible. Never tried it in a 270 though.

rosewood

I have gotten good speeds with H4831SC in .270 but was a tad faster using RL22. Seems like I am getting 2950 with RL22 with a 150 grain and 2900 with a 140 grain using H4831SC in a 22" bbl.

I tried H4831SC in 7mag but the accuracy was better with RL22.

I have had the best luck with H4350 and IMR4451 in .260 and 6.5CM, speed and accuracy with 140 grainers.

Rosewood

Stevie Ray

I have gotten good speeds with H4831SC in .270 but was a tad faster using RL22. Seems like I am getting 2950 with RL22 with a 150 grain and 2900 with a 140 grain using H4831SC in a 22" bbl.

I tried H4831SC in 7mag but the accuracy was better with RL22.

I have had the best luck with H4350 and IMR4451 in .260 and 6.5CM, speed and accuracy with 140 grainers.

Rosewood

IMR4451 is my go-to powder for 6.5CM and 140 grain bullets, it has always worked well for me.

Dub

What kind of speed are you getting? I've tried 4831sc in 3 different rifles and velocity was terrible. Never tried it in a 270 though.

It’s been at least 12-13 years since I was having fun loading for rifles, I do know it was right at max book charge from the Nosler manual current at that time ( black cover ?).

Seem to recall it running close to 2,800+. M700 BDL stainless with 24” tube.

I plan on getting that same rifle back in bidness over the winter.

The original plastic stock has gotta go. Want to remove the scope mounts & replace. Keeping the Timney trigger & VX-3 4.5-14x50mm with the rifle.

For nostalgia I’ll probably work up same ole yellow-tipped stingers. Would also like to see how it shoots 110gr Barnes.

Fun little future project.

bullgator

Head out on vacation to northern Bama soon. Planning a day at CMP Talladega. Just loaded up 45 rounds of 6 Dasher for the trip.
Berger 105 hybrids, 20/32.6 Varget, 20/32.6 rl15, 5/32.0 N140.

The rest of the trip belongs to her! :oops:

marlin

I had some 140 NBT loaded for a 7-08. Killed 3 last season all with complete pass through. Shot behind the shoulder.

Yotedawg

good to know..I think I have a few in .22. I have a large amount of 40gr TNTs some moly coated and some not. Hope I am able to finish my .22-250 soon.
Jester they shoot awfully good in my 250. It was my yote gun for 28 years till we went to night hunting with thermals. Sierra has done a great job marrying match accuracy with terminal ballistics with that product. At least that has been my experiences with them.

BriarPatch99

Held one on one reloading "school" with a fellow GON member.....

We manage to set up his press, set the dies both sizing and seating ... measured powder ...weighed ....seating bullets ...

Ended up making about forty .270 Winchester with 140 grain Accubond .... Reloder 16

First group ended up being about 1" ....

I thought we did good ....

One the many many "students" that I've have helped over the years .... makes you feel good... to help others....

Status
Not open for further replies.