Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub

Darkhorse

Hadn’t ever tried that... bore scrubber/3x with the snake between strings?

I’m also not very patient in letting the barrel cool down... does that cause problems? I’ve heard both arguments but haven’t tested it myself.

It can make a big difference depending on the rifle. For instance, my .300 WM Browning A bolt will shoot the first 3 shots to the same POI. The 4th shot is a little left of the group. The 5th is a little more to the left. They string almost in a line and it's very obvious. I think it's the metalurgy of the barrel steel.
My Remington M700 7mag. is the exact obvious. I've shot it until the barrel couldn't be touched and it was still shooting to the same POI. But it only started doing this after I bedded the rifle and floated the barrel.
When shooting the magnums I mainly shoot 3 shot groups because the barrel heats up so fast. After that I open the bolt and rack the rifle. While that one's cooling off I shoot a different rifle. Or handgun.
I get real impatient waiting also but I view getting a true picture of the grouping when working up a load that I force myself to wait and let the barrel cool.
I like a free floated barrel where the barrel never touches the stock when it heats up. If it does then that shot will move to some degree out of the group.
So yes, it matters.

menhadenman

I didn't realize those were a thing....very cool.

Just looked them up. (y)(y)

I always figured that's what a rimfire was for....to have something to plink with while the main gun/s cooled off.

https://magnetospeed.com/products/riflekuhl

https://gundigest.com/gear-ammo/acc...-options-so-you-dont-get-hot-under-the-collar

View attachment 1088979View attachment 1088980View attachment 1088981

Yes, that Magnetospeed fan is the on I tried. You can feel the hot air blowing out of the muzzle. Made me think of buying one.

I normally try to bring 2-3 rifles and rotate like you said but sometimes have a pile of rounds for a single rifle and wonder if I’m creating problems not letting it cool.

GregoryB.

I loaded up 2 ladders for my 25-06 using 115gr and 120gr Partitions with some IMR4350 that I had on hand. Running Barnes in my other 25 Calibers so I thought I would try something different.

menhadenman

I loaded up 2 ladders for my 25-06 using 115gr and 120gr Partitions with some IMR4350 that I had on hand. Running Barnes in my other 25 Calibers so I thought I would try something different.

Curious what speed you’ll get - I’ve got a pile of 257 bullets to load up some day soon. Lots of options on powder.

Kowtown

I have some military 9mm brass that will get some time spent on it.

I have a Dillon 600 with some aftermarket inserts that should help speed up the process a small amount.

Press-mounted swage tools would be an a appreciated luxury.

I saw this primer pocket swager for the Dillon 650 on ebay for $130.
just add your depriming/sizing die.It would be very fast after you got it set up.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 5

Kowtown

Thats some serous fan action on that never-ending brass. (y)

That wet tumbler is working well for you.

Dawn & Lemmishine ???

Noticed that FA is making pods....like Tide pods...for wet tumblers. I didn't price 'em. Thought it was a good sign, though.....if they are making those products it means there is a market for 'em. The growing market of gun enthusiasts is a great development. Hopefully they'll have great fun and decided to vote to preserve their freedoms to continue this fun.

I use Dawn and Lemishine. Just need to be very conservative on the Lemishine as it will dull the brass if you use too much.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Thats some serous fan action on that never-ending brass. (y)

That wet tumbler is working well for you.

Dawn & Lemmishine ???

Noticed that FA is making pods....like Tide pods...for wet tumblers. I didn't price 'em. Thought it was a good sign, though.....if they are making those products it means there is a market for 'em. The growing market of gun enthusiasts is a great development. Hopefully they'll have great fun and decided to vote to preserve their freedoms to continue this fun.

So far I’ve only ran 2 cycles through it. One with Lemi Shine and Dawn and the other was the pod that came with it. Both did a great job and really got the brass shinning.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I think I have 200 that needs to be pulled (I didn't load them) and a good many that are sized and ready. I have mostly shot Hornady in my rifle since I've had it. I have a bunch of Win and R-P.

menhadenman

Been over a week since a range trip... snuck out at sunrise and had to give the H1000 another shot in the 7RM. Much better than last time out! Still not as good as the IMR4350 but I had to give it another shot after not seeing any for over two years. Also put on a 6.5-20x scope that was easier for shooting.

Cranked a pile more 223 Wylde, more later. Varget did well.

ED06FDE3-35AF-4447-BB30-5A1991697651.jpeg

bullgator

PowderValley has some powder in stock at good prices.

Bobby Bigtime

Yes I did!! Loaded a hundred 30-06 220 grain favorites. Both sierra and hornaday with h414. These are 2300 fps loads not screamers but great killers. Will check them out when it's not 100 degrees. H414 and old men don't like 100 degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.