Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Bigtime

you can get some pretty strong velocity changes with that and W760 in the heat I have found.
I have noticed that with both those powders as well. They seem to be fine in cooler to cold though which we tend to have plenty of during hunting season here. Others have said they are sensitive at both ends of the temp spectrum but I have not had that experience.

Reactions: Dub

bullgator

I’m in the process of loading up 100 rounds of 6 Dasher for my next trip to the 600 yard range. The load is 32.5 gr of Varget, CCI 450 primer, 105 gr Berger Hybrid, Alpha brass.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I’m in the process of loading up 100 rounds of 6 Dasher for my next trip to the 600 yard range. The load is 32.5 gr of Varget, CCI 450 primer, 105 gr Berger Hybrid, Alpha brass.

A buddy of mine uses H414 with the 105 Berger and Alpha brass. I hope your opinion on Alpha brass is better than his.

bullgator

A buddy of mine uses H414 with the 105 Berger and Alpha brass. I hope your opinion on Alpha brass is better than his.
This will be the second loading on this brass. Once it’s fired I’ll have 600 rounds through the rifle and 300 pieces of 2x fired brass. An annealer should be acquired before I start on the 3x loading.
I did see where Alpha has made changes to the brass in the head area.

Adam5

150 out of 300 .357 Magnum “soft target” loads. 158gr hardcast semiwadcutter over 4.6gr of W231 and a CCI magnum primer.

I don’t have pics, but we also loaded 100 hard hitting loads. 158gr Speer Deep Curl copper hollow points over 8gr of Unique and a CCI magnum primer.

Attachments

• 39DFCFA4-3FB6-4DA9-B395-16FB61B5F9E4.jpeg
    39DFCFA4-3FB6-4DA9-B395-16FB61B5F9E4.jpeg
    306.6 KB · Views: 6

deerslayer357

Received 1k 45 projectiles this week. Got 41 and 10mm brass in the tumbler from a range session this morning. Gonna load some fresh 10’s and 41’s this week to replace what was fired. The 41 is officially ready for deer season and the 10 is getting closer!

deerslayer357

Just gotta find a load the 454 likes and get that scope zeroed and I will be ready

Reactions: Dub

01Foreman400

Staff member
Finally loaded up some rifle ammo. Loaded several different loads of 30-06 130 gr. Barnes TTSX with H4895 and 6.5 CM Barnes 100 TTSX with H4350.

Sized, deprimed, chamfered and deburred 90 pieces of 300 win mag and 100 .223. They are in the Frankfort Wet tumbler now.

First time loading rifle ammo.
640031E5-D411-44F6-969E-1479451324F8.jpeg

Last edited:

Stroker

Midway has CCI #41srp in stock at this time, $89/1000. Get them while you can.

BriarPatch99

Finally loaded up some rifle ammo. Loaded several different loads of 30-06 130 gr. Barnes TTSX with H4895 and 6.5 CM Barnes 100 TTSX with H4350.

Sized, deprimed, chamfered and deburred 90 pieces of 300 win mag and 100 .223. They are in the Frankfort Wet tumbler now.

First time loading rifle ammo.
View attachment 1091743

What COL you got them at ....You may already know ...but Barnes like lots of jump ...

Will those fit your magazine?

Looks like you need to break the sharp edge on your seater plug ....it is cutting into the bullet ...400/600 wet/dry paper in a drill ...just get that sharp edge on the inside rounded ...

Last edited:

Dub

Looking forward to your range reports @01Foreman400

Mighty glad to see you are up and running with the handloading.

What COL you got them at ....You may already know ...but Barnes like lots of jump ...

Looks like you need to break the sharp edge on your seater plug ....it is cutting into the bullet ...400/600 wet/dry paper in a drill ...just get that sharp edge on the inside rounded ...

Good to know about the jump.....that confirmation is what I was hoping to hear. (y)

I'll be loading some 130gr TTSX in both .30'06 & perhaps .308Win. One of the .308's is an AR-10. I may be dreaming...but having a load that plays well in each gun sure would be nice. My COAL will be restricted by magazine allowance.

Dub

Midway has CCI #41srp in stock at this time, $89/1000. Get them while you can.

Yep...only selling 1,000 to you every 7 days, too.

I suppose that is one way of rationing them out. I am not complaining as all that does is give me a headache.....they are there if we want them bad enough.

They also had LP & SPM in stock as well...1,000ct limit of each.

Brownell's has some powders as well.

Coming up dry on searches at Powder Valley.

These cats are still moving bulk tips:

https://www.armorally.com/product-category/reloading-components/bullets/?filter_manufacturer=hornady

https://www.bluecollarreloading.com

01Foreman400

Staff member
isn't it neat that the inside is as clean as the outside. Sure makes loading nice when you can see the bottom without a light

To be honest I’m quite amazed at just how clean they get. Gonna clean some .40 S&W tonight with the same water and see how it turns out.

01Foreman400

Staff member

I’ll check when I get home on the OAL. I have the specs to the lands on each rifle as well.

I didn’t know that about the jump. So sticking with the OAL suggested is the best bet with the Barnes?

They fed just fine. I’ve already tested them.

Thanks for the tip. I was wondering about that…

Status
Not open for further replies.