Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckdog

209's were the last to disappear off the shelves and from the online dealers.

This was a fairly recent disappearance, too....well after the other stuff was unobtainable.

I have no idea what this translates to in terms of predictions.....no idea whatsoever. :huh:

I'm more concerned that we are about to take a dip in availability of a pile of goods & services due to Covid shutdowns, delays, etc. It has already begun impacting attendance at work in many manufacturing facilities....Biden, Harris & Co. will add to our our great-grandchildren's tax burden just to load up the stimulus checkwriting printing presses again.

Workplace employee attendance is about to take a big hit.

Product availability is going to be slim pickings.

I admit that I purposely avoid the news and talk radio since the November Selection.

I know it's a fool that buries his head in the sand, but I'm doing it for survival. I simply can't take the idiocracy of the nation we live in.

chuckdog

I’d bet your over 2,000 FPS at 300 yards with that load, maybe 8” drop if you had a 200 yd zero. It’d be bad medicine on deer is another bet.

I have 200 yds at the range. I also now have 2 chronographs.

I may take both and see what I'm getting at 18' vs 200 yds with one shot.

Thanks for planting that seed.

menhadenman

I have 200 yds at the range. I also now have 2 chronographs.

I may take both and see what I'm getting at 18' vs 200 yds with one shot.

Thanks for planting that seed.

Check out Bison Ballistics, they've got a great bullet library for doing the simple calculations. They also have a simple bullet comparison tool that's useful if you're comparing cartridges or bullets, loads, etc. You can use the same bullet and compare different velocities to see if the juice is worth the squeeze. That 7x57 sounds like a neat rifle.

https://bisonballistics.com/calculators/ballistics
https://bisonballistics.com/calculators/bullet_comparison

Dub

I admit that I purposely avoid the news and talk radio since the November Selection.

I know it's a fool that buries his head in the sand, but I'm doing it for survival. I simply can't take the idiocracy of the nation we live in.

I think your's is a sane approach.

To use a Dem turn of phrase....I find myself "triggered" often when watching the daily news updates. The lunacy that is being spewed forth from The White House & the ancillary stooge support cast of cabinet heads is shocking, sickening and dangerous.

I am a father....and perhaps one day, Lord willing, I may become a grandfather. I want a better world for my son and hopefully for his children.

I keep an ear to the train train tracks and my eyes looking for smoke on the horizon.....but it's painful to do so.

We were in such better shape two years ago....heading towards a more unified country.

Now, these hate-mongering scum have their hooks in things and have been perpetuating their divisiveness among our citizens....and importing future Dem followers on a wholesale level.

They have weakened our standing in the world and, in my simple opinion, made us more appealing for foreign takeover at an increasing rate.

Defund the democraps. Get "woke" and get broke. Choke these parasites.

They have imbedded their hooks in our youth by selling them on "climate change" and "critical race theory". They have them taking the bait....hook, line & sinker.

They've used our youth's desire to do good things as fuel which they've redirected in horrible self-serving democrap directions.

If they truly believed in climate change and civil rights......then why, pray tell, do they suckle up to Communist China and are subservient to them in all things. Communist China are the greatest perpetrators of genocide, slavery and industrial waste on this planet.....yet the Dems bow to them.....the media bows to them.....Hollyweird & professional sports personalities bow to them.

Hook, line and sinker.

No sir, ChuckDog.....your's is the more sane approach. You already know what is going on and the day-to-day lunacy is good to tune out. Enjoy daily living and the freedoms that we both enjoy.

Staying prayed up and well-provisioned is how I'm gonna keep rolling.....with perhaps more time spent scratching the dog's backs and less watching the news.

Now...time to load some mags and go hit the range. I've got a session ahead of me this morning that's gonna be full of "old guy learning new tricks".

@elfiii , can I get and amen, sir ??

Times....they are a'changing. Idiots will idiot.

I'm gonna keep working, paying taxes and enjoying some range time.

I pray the next generations of Americans can do the same......

Nimrod71

I got back to loading today. Trying out the 62 gr. bullets from MidSouth. I ordered the hollow points and the lead tip. To my surprise they are not the same length. I don't know where my mind was, I guess it's the age thing again. The hollow points worked out really good but I wasn't paying attention when I started seating the S.P. bullets. When I looked at the first one I knew something was wrong, too short. A quick readjustment of the seater die and I finished up. I loaded both with the same powder charge of 25 gr.. of 2520. I have used this load with 60 and 65 gr bullets and it has worked really well.

menhadenman

I think your's is a sane approach.

To use a Dem turn of phrase....I find myself "triggered" often when watching the daily news updates. The lunacy that is being spewed forth from The White House & the ancillary stooge support cast of cabinet heads is shocking, sickening and dangerous.

I am a father....and perhaps one day, Lord willing, I may become a grandfather. I want a better world for my son and hopefully for his children.

I keep an ear to the train train tracks and my eyes looking for smoke on the horizon.....but it's painful to do so.

We were in such better shape two years ago....heading towards a more unified country.

Now, these hate-mongering scum have their hooks in things and have been perpetuating their divisiveness among our citizens....and importing future Dem followers on a wholesale level.

They have weakened our standing in the world and, in my simple opinion, made us more appealing for foreign takeover at an increasing rate.

Defund the democraps. Get "woke" and get broke. Choke these parasites.

They have imbedded their hooks in our youth by selling them on "climate change" and "critical race theory". They have them taking the bait....hook, line & sinker.

They've used our youth's desire to do good things as fuel which they've redirected in horrible self-serving democrap directions.

If they truly believed in climate change and civil rights......then why, pray tell, do they suckle up to Communist China and are subservient to them in all things. Communist China are the greatest perpetrators of genocide, slavery and industrial waste on this planet.....yet the Dems bow to them.....the media bows to them.....Hollyweird & professional sports personalities bow to them.

Hook, line and sinker.

No sir, ChuckDog.....your's is the more sane approach. You already know what is going on and the day-to-day lunacy is good to tune out. Enjoy daily living and the freedoms that we both enjoy.

Staying prayed up and well-provisioned is how I'm gonna keep rolling.....with perhaps more time spent scratching the dog's backs and less watching the news.

Now...time to load some mags and go hit the range. I've got a session ahead of me this morning that's gonna be full of "old guy learning new tricks".

@elfiii , can I get and amen, sir ??

Times....they are a'changing. Idiots will idiot.

I'm gonna keep working, paying taxes and enjoying some range time.

I pray the next generations of Americans can do the same......

Next generation is on its way @Dub. I met my youngest boys’ teacher yesterday morning (1st grade). After talking for a bit, something came up that triggered a thought. He said, “dad, I wish Biden would just stop his stupid voice.” His teacher loved it. We’re in a great school here in Union County.

And I loaded up some more 7 RM for my buddy, 160 accubonds over IMR4350. Played musical scopes again on my own 7RM, too.

And @chuckdog check out the Hornady SST gel test... explains a lot!

2B606E16-17B9-4F1C-98B6-2F300C92BB90.jpeg

rosewood

We call that inflation. Ain't getting better anytime soon either. Gas prices are worse.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I am having to pay surcharges on brass of 18-24%. On other metals 8-12%. And that is on top of the several price increases so far this year.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Raw materials are in short supply so costs go up and also the company's know what we are willing to pay.

Dub

Next generation is on its way @Dub. I met my youngest boys’ teacher yesterday morning (1st grade). After talking for a bit, something came up that triggered a thought. He said, “dad, I wish Biden would just stop his stupid voice.” His teacher loved it. We’re in a great school here in Union County.

And I loaded up some more 7 RM for my buddy, 160 accubonds over IMR4350. Played musical scopes again on my own 7RM, too.

And @chuckdog check out the Hornady SST gel test... explains a lot!

View attachment 1097076

I like your boy’s style. (y)(y)

That is a serious looking rifle, too. Would like to hear more about it.

menhadenman

I like your boy’s style. (y)(y)

That is a serious looking rifle, too. Would like to hear more about it.

Thanks @Dub - the story behind the rifle is that I've always wanted to have a X-bolt in the safe... I have shot one critter with one (an opportunistic shot on an antelope buck with a buddy's 300 WSM maybe 1 mile from the truck and my rifle), but hearing all the folks that love that platform made me feel left out ;)

So, last spring I sold one of my black guns that I hardly used and came across one of the new ****'s Canyon long range models at the Ace Hardware in Blue Ridge. They made this particular barrel with a 8" twist (from a 9.5") and the 26" isn't too much for a guy my size (6'2"). That faster twist opens up the door for bigger bullets.

I was initially thinking something fancier, like the 300 PRC, 280AI, etc., but already had a 7RM I inherited in the 90s so figured why not stick with that since I've got the brass... and truth be told it doesn't fall short of these other calibers. First several shots were <1 MOA with factory stuff I've had for 20 years or so and I was in love. You know I've been muddling around at the reloading bench and probably have 300 shots down the tube so far. Can't wait to head to Riverbend and try out that 600 yard range.

I have a bad habit of musical scopes (swapping them around all my rifles), but wanted something different for this gun. Was originally thinking Night Force like the one you have, but ended up going the SWFA 3-15x route. I drank that SWFA Kool-Aid a couple years ago and gotta admit it's all true! Hard to justify going custom when you can get a setup like this for under $2k.

https://www.browning.com/products/f...rrent/x-bolt-hells-canyon-long-range-ndt.html

https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-3-15x42-tactical-rifle-scope-3.html

Reactions: Dub

Jester896

Senior Clown
it doesn't have target turrets and the magnification isn't in there.
It would make a good hunting scope for a 5.56 or .308. The low end would be nice on my High Wall (VXIII 2.5-10X50) as a replacement if Leupold isn't able to repair the other one...I'm sure even their replacement will be matte...

menhadenman

it doesn't have target turrets and the magnification isn't in there.
It would make a good hunting scope for a 5.56 or .308. The low end would be nice on my High Wall (VXIII 2.5-10X50) as a replacement if Leupold isn't able to repair the other one...I'm sure even their replacement will be matte...

Yeah, it's a smaller scope (2.5-10x32) and probably best for "set it and forget it" and use the BDC for holdovers out to 500. Some guys do dial with it (the turrets are nice under those caps) but like you point out there are better scopes for that. I have three ultralights now, one on a 7 lb T3X, another on my son's Howa 1500 Grendel, and a third that was on a AR but will probably go to my 35 Rem.

Reactions: Dub
Status
Not open for further replies.